A pixel piece I did.

Mac_The_Rocker

All I can say is I remember you. I'm sure a lot of posters here do.

I do, and I also clearly remember some of your work, and I must say really respect you as an artist. But, believe it or not, I actually strongly suspected from the start that you didn't mainly post this to get criticism on the image, which is the only reason I didn't comment on this thread before.

Now, about the whole Gallery going downhill thing, I definitely agree that some of the comments on beginners' works are just made to bash the OP and make the commenter feel 'superior' to the OP, and I also agree that this is clearly not a good thing. However, I don't think complaining about it or making a whole thread for the main purpose of showing to everyone how the Gallery is such a terrible place now compared to how it used to be and how some people's style of posts are 'bad' - for the lack of a better word - is going to help at all. I'm pretty sure that most people didn't come here to get comments on their posting style, but fact is, by making a thread like this, you do suggest that you did come here to get comments on your work. To me, comments you get from others on your work are just more of a 'take it or leave it' thing: you either take them into consideration and thank the commenter for their post, or you think to yourself "that's a silly and unhelpful post..." and just ignore it. It's something that has been bothering me for a while, because by complaining about people that complain about beginners' work you don't exactly help create much positivity in this forum either - and some may even consider it to be slightly hypocritical -, and it's nothing personal, but I've grown really tired of seeing threads like this. Instead, I think it would be a much better idea to try and actually help the atmosphere of this forum by posting comments that you do think are good and helpful on other people's threads. :thumbup:

---

Long post, and if some of you feel a need to accuse me of complaining about people that complain about people that complain about people's work, feel free to do so. I just needed to get this off my chest I guess.

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

I don't mind at all. I just noticed, people normally fight over this issue in a flame war in threads, which normally get cleaned up within seconds by one of the forum moderators. It's interesting to see some people's takes in a topic actually structured around this discussion.

Some things are best left unexamined.