Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A pixel piece I did.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Mac_The_Rocker
[ Display Name History ]

Mac_The_Rocker

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 157 posts

Wait. Why are you posting such an old image then. Of course you are going to get a different response because we know you've pixeled before. :roll:

This is just a spam thread.

I doubt many people remember me. It's also been shown since, well, no one made the speculation until hiimben posted that image.

The purpose of this thread is well summed-up below.

if anything i think it's more a thread to show how much the gallery sucks with criticism and has gotten elitist, which being new to the gallery myself, i fully agree with. it seems to all be sigs this sigs that, renders this renders that. "let's hope this fractal thing doesn't become the new thing" yeah that's a fantastic attitude to have when people are trying to show a different kind of work that what you normally see here. from what i've heard, i want the old gallery back.

And yes, despite the only subtle differences, the response from the users back then were generally nicer and less critical as a whole than they are now, from what I've experienced.

The *smacks with newspaper* thing isn't meant to be mean or anything. It's just my sense of humor-sorry if it offended you. As for the "positive" critique... I don't point out the faults of an image to be elitist or to "bash people's art". I have a certain view of criticism, you see. I can stand here all day picking through your image to find things you did well, but is that really going to help you? Well... not really. Usually, you'll simply end up repeating the exact same thing you did before! Thus, I point out the mistakes you made so you can improve on those areas. Of course, if I see something you did especially well then I'll mention that, but glossing over your errors to make you feel better about yourself is a waste of both your time and mine. In my opinion, if you can stand for your work to be utterly picked apart by your peers then you shouldn't post it. There is a difference between saying "it sucks" and telling why you think it sucks though...

I didn't mind your post at all. That's why I didn't write anything below it, I must've accidentally quoted you.

Also, if anyone is curious, here were three prominent posts from my thread from when I posted the image years ago.

Some things are best left unexamined.

shivers21
[ Display Name History ]

shivers21

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Shivers21
  • Clan:Tip.it / DFC
Does this post have any discussion value left at all >:o
Posted Image
{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}
Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

Mac_The_Rocker
[ Display Name History ]

Mac_The_Rocker

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 157 posts
I would say so (:

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
All I can say is I remember you. I'm sure a lot of posters here do.

Pirate_Felix
[ Display Name History ]

Pirate_Felix

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,323 posts

Also, if anyone is curious, here were three prominent posts from my thread from when I posted the image years ago.

i am really surprised that they said nothing about the background
Posted Image

Jopie211
[ Display Name History ]

Jopie211

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,261 posts

All I can say is I remember you. I'm sure a lot of posters here do.

I do, and I also clearly remember some of your work, and I must say really respect you as an artist. But, believe it or not, I actually strongly suspected from the start that you didn't mainly post this to get criticism on the image, which is the only reason I didn't comment on this thread before.

Now, about the whole Gallery going downhill thing, I definitely agree that some of the comments on beginners' works are just made to bash the OP and make the commenter feel 'superior' to the OP, and I also agree that this is clearly not a good thing. However, I don't think complaining about it or making a whole thread for the main purpose of showing to everyone how the Gallery is such a terrible place now compared to how it used to be and how some people's style of posts are 'bad' - for the lack of a better word - is going to help at all. I'm pretty sure that most people didn't come here to get comments on their posting style, but fact is, by making a thread like this, you do suggest that you did come here to get comments on your work. To me, comments you get from others on your work are just more of a 'take it or leave it' thing: you either take them into consideration and thank the commenter for their post, or you think to yourself "that's a silly and unhelpful post..." and just ignore it. It's something that has been bothering me for a while, because by complaining about people that complain about beginners' work you don't exactly help create much positivity in this forum either - and some may even consider it to be slightly hypocritical -, and it's nothing personal, but I've grown really tired of seeing threads like this. Instead, I think it would be a much better idea to try and actually help the atmosphere of this forum by posting comments that you do think are good and helpful on other people's threads. :thumbup:

---

Long post, and if some of you feel a need to accuse me of complaining about people that complain about people that complain about people's work, feel free to do so. I just needed to get this off my chest I guess.

Posted Image

pixel avvy by me • deviantART

Mac_The_Rocker
[ Display Name History ]

Mac_The_Rocker

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 157 posts
I don't mind at all. I just noticed, people normally fight over this issue in a flame war in threads, which normally get cleaned up within seconds by one of the forum moderators. It's interesting to see some people's takes in a topic actually structured around this discussion.

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
nice sense of scale/depth i believe you have potential
Posted Image

Unoalexi
[ Display Name History ]

Unoalexi

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,317 posts

nice sense of scale/depth i believe you have potential

Did you seriously just ignore everything that was posted in the last two pages? :shame:
Posted Image
Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users