W-A-S-D Movement

RSBDavid

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Many MMORPG's and FPS's used the "WASD" keys to move around in game. Call of Duty 4 and WOrld of Warcraft are two I can name offhand. I am proposing that we have the ability to switch between that and clicking.

Chat Interference:

You make think that this would interfere with chatting. My solution is to make it where you have to press the "enter" key to use the chat.

( I still recommend Ventrilo/TS though)

What are your guys opinions on this?

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Uh, why? Is there any reason why WASD movement is better than click based movement? Is there any real reason to used WASD? Also, you said that many FPS's use the WASD keys to move, yes they do, but those are FPS's, and this is Runescape, a java based browser (third person)MMORPG, kind of like comparing apples and oranges.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

Uh, why? Is there any reason why WASD movement is better than click based movement? Is there any real reason to used WASD? Also, you said that many FPS's use the WASD keys to move, yes they do, but those are FPS's, and this is Runescape, a java based browser (third person)MMORPG, kind of like comparing apples and oranges.

Well it's easier to move around (except the fact that you can only move in straight lines in RS), and it's also easier on the mouse

josh181830.png

Well it's easier to move around (except the fact that you can only move in straight lines in RS), and it's also easier on the mouse

Your mouse isn't going to break down because you play Runescape.

Anyway, Runescape is completely designed for click-navigation, and W-A-S-D movement is unneeded and would mess things up. Enter for chat is a pain, and I use chat a ton.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Anyway, Runescape is completely designed for click-navigation, and W-A-S-D movement is unneeded and would mess things up. Enter for chat is a pain, and I use chat a ton.

Well my left click broke down once, but eh, I guess that's just me. WASD movement would help because then you don't have to repeatedly click to go somewhere, instead you could just hold down W, A, S, or D... but then again, RS isn't for this type of movement. :(

josh181830.png

Well my left click broke down once, but eh, I guess that's just me. WASD movement would help because then you don't have to repeatedly click to go somewhere, instead you could just hold down W, A, S, or D... but then again, RS isn't for this type of movement. :(

A) That must be a really cheap mouse, or it was defective.

B) Exactly my point. RS isn't for this.

:thumbup:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

A) That must be a really cheap mouse, or it was defective.

B) Exactly my point. RS isn't for this.

:thumbup:

I think I clicked too much, now I have the fear of clicking my mouse excessively... :wall:

But to think of it again, RS movement is fine the way it is; with the WASD movement you can't type, move, and click at the same time

josh181830.png

Pinaples rockz

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

I agree with the other posters, even though I agree a little with you too. Sure it would be cool to move your character with the WASD keys or the arrow ones, but the game is built up around a click-movement type. It would be to much work to change it now.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I wouldn't mind a toggle for WASD to rotate the camera.

that may work better than WASD for movement... especially when PKing or playing the GOP. For some reason WASD is just more comfortable for my left hand to use than the arrow keys.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Well, it would make chatting and such harder.

For example, in WoW, you gotta press "enter" before.

In RS, talking is much more necesary, expecially in trading.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?