We don't need ":)".

DAE2008

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Especially not from the new CEO.

"...slightly over 21. :)"

What. The. *scream*.

One of the top fellows in Jagex used a smiley face in his introduction "speech". You wouldn't get someone who's to take over a company giving a speech and in the middle say, "wicked".

SORT HIM OUT.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially not from the new CEO.

"...slightly over 21. :)"

What. The. *scream*.

One of the top fellows in Jagex used a smiley face in his introduction "speech". You wouldn't get someone who's to take over a company giving a speech and in the middle say, "wicked".

SORT HIM OUT.

Oh, he used a smiley. Your life is ruined.

Now get over it.

That's just the new CEO trying to reach up to the average player..hence kids. What's wrong with trying to stay young? Would you have liked if he had showed you financial charts of why removing the old wilderness was more profitable? Corporate announcements can be painfully boring and impersonnal. I'm glad this one was more human than what you can expect from a bank. Stop being so uptight.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I could just imagine this in real life;

"I have came up with a plan to stop the credit crunch, forever! I think it's quite awesome."

"OMFG YOU JUST FREAKIN' SAID AWESOME! YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!!! FGSGSFSGSF!"

\'

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

When you're 81 and tell people that you falcon punched a guy into space,your grandchildren will fizzidle and gaffsel about it to their friends.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Someone call the local nurseries, it appears they've misplaced another baby.

Now now, don't cry. We know where your mommy and daddy are, we're just trying to get the RSOF on the phone so they can come pick you up.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Someone call the local nurseries, it appears they've misplaced another baby.

Now now, don't cry. We know where your mommy and daddy are, we're just trying to get the RSOF on the phone so they can come pick you up.

Ily <3:

Really, though, a rant about a smiley?

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

I agree with the thread author, don't be taken in by his false words and smilies! This is what he wants you to think - after he has what he wants he'll just throw us away like we're expendable rubbish. MMG is the devil!

... :roll:

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png

Lay off the guy. I happen to agree with what he's saying. I.e., that things like using symbol smiley faces and trying to sound hip make this sound like just another lame corporate attempt at gaining children's favor. It feels false and patronizing. Now, it may be that he's totally honest. But this sort of talk lends a "I'm one of you guys and not, in any way, shape, or form, a soul sucking corporate vampire who only sees you as future pounds and pence. Now, let's go shred some mad pipes, dudes!!!"

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

He's just trying to come off as a nice person. So what, are 21+ people banned from using smilies? Or was it just because of what it was used in? (a 'speech'?)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Leave the op alone, everybody knows it's a universal law of runescape that there must be rants about every single update.

Damn, I forgot about that law- Page 692, Paragraph 4, Sentence 8...

But I can still call this guy a noob for making a rant on ":)".

I think it is very humanizing that he used a smiley. Its nice to get the impression that Jagex's CEO isn't exactly all that uptight. Of course that post could have been entirely written just to keep up with appearances but I'm remaining optimistic for now and will take it as genuine.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

He's just trying to be nice to US, HE could just close the whole game and laugh over it tbh. (not likely :P)

If he wants to smile to us, let him do so :D

And honestly, if he can't use smilies, we all could be banned for using them :XD:

animsig.gif

Thanks to Vey for the hawt siggie <3

I rather like him. Take it easy, he sounds like a person who is genuinely knowledgeable and invested in Runescape, wants to see it and all its players have a great time, and is willing to take responsibility for his actions. He even apologized for a few mistakes Jagex has made in the past.

Using a smiley doesn't detract from any of the above - cut the guy some slack.

final.gif

Who gives a [cabbage] about a smiley. I was getting over the fact he's a CEO at 21.

I mean, damn.

He's not 21...

I swear to God the next person who says this is going to get E-[bleep] slapped.