Fighter torso how long does it take?

henrysslee

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

[hide=]
Have you all forgotten what we all agreed when there was a big thread of this.

Torso is ONLY not worth gettin if you dont like BA, if this guy likes BA, then its very much worth him getting it.

Yes.

Dont play BA for a torso, play it for fun and use points to get a torso.

Hi i was wondering if the torso is really worth it

Answer: NO! It's a huge waste of time, money, and XP. Those facts cannot be disputed.

You lost me there. Waste of money? Where? I think BA doesn't imply wasting any cash at all. All you need is your every day armour... :roll: and if anyone likes BA, like me, Torso is indeed worth getting, not making it at all a waste of time :D

Worth getting. As in, is it worth the time taken to get.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

Read up on it. Adamant chainbody will save him 10m+ in opportunity time - or XP, or time, or whateve ryou want.

[/hide]

You can make more money with the Strenght bonus. Nuff' said. :-w

Because the barrows plate surpasses it in any area that requires defence, and proslyte top surpasses it in any place that requires offense (+10% prayer). Even at the best training spot, Armored Zombies, proslyte is actually better due to the less frequent prayer charging required.

Even hypothetically assuming that we ignore the defence and prayer bonus shortcomings, torso provides roughly (120/4)*2)/100 = .6% faster XP. Assuming it takes 8 hours to learn BH, find a team, and actually get the torso (conservative; I've found that it usually takes over 10 in total time), your spending 8 hours to get .6% faster XP. Therefore, the 99.4% of full XP you would normally get from training for those 8 hours is the equivalent of 7.95 hours of training with a torso; because torso boosts XP by .6%, we can divide 7.95 by .006 for 1325 hours, the amount of training required to make torso worth getting over adamant chainbody (most monsters, including armored zombies, use a crush attack where chainbody is superior). 1325 hours = 132,500,000 XP training at Armored Zombies, along with 251,750,000 GP of profit.

So, if you plan on camping for more then 132.5 million XP, torso is worth getting over adamant chainbody. Of course, proslyte plate would blow it right out of the water, and to a lesser extent, bandos - the +1 prayer would by far make up for the cost over the millions of XP, and it can be resold, unlike the figher torso. The torso is entirely unsuitable for PVP, or indeed, any activity besides training, so those need not be considered.

Bottom line: Adamant Chainbody is superior to Fighter Torso unless you intend to train for over 132,500,000 XP (132.5 million) XP; if you include rune\bandos\proslyte in that order, they will all by FAR trump the torso.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Torso is ONLY not worth gettin if you dont like BA, if this guy likes BA, then its very much worth him getting it.

Yes.

Answer: NO! It's a huge waste of time, money, and XP. Those facts cannot be disputed.

You lost me there. Waste of money? Where? I think BA doesn't imply wasting any cash at all. All you need is your every day armour... :roll: and if anyone likes BA, like me, Torso is indeed worth getting, not making it at all a waste of time :D

Read up on it. Adamant chainbody will save him 10m+ in opportunity time - or XP, or time, or whateve ryou want.

Your wrong. You must have missed my post a few months back that proved an adamant chainbody resulted in roughly 8m profit over a fighter torso. Ask anyone who read it.

I read it myself. I keep my opinion though. Torso > Adamant Chainbody.

animsig.gif

Thanks to Vey for the hawt siggie <3

Torso is ONLY not worth gettin if you dont like BA, if this guy likes BA, then its very much worth him getting it.\

Yes.

Your wrong. You must have missed my post a few months back that proved an adamant chainbody resulted in roughly 8m profit over a fighter torso. Ask anyone who read it.

I read it myself. I keep my opinion though. Torso > Adamant Chainbody.

That's nice, everyone has an opinion. Unfortunately, this isn't an opinion based subject. He's asking if it's worth getting; the fact is that it is NOT. If you like BA you can get it; but it's not worth getting. Get yourself an adamant chainbody and enjoy the 8m+ advantage you have over anyone with a torso.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

That's nice, everyone has an opinion. Unfortunately, this isn't an opinion based subject. He's asking if it's worth getting; the fact is that it is NOT. If you like BA you can get it; but it's not worth getting. Get yourself an adamant chainbody and enjoy the 8m+ advantage you have over anyone with a torso.

That's beyond the point though. Not everyone can make 8M in the time it takes to get a torso. Honestly, I strongly advise getting a torso, that Strenght bonus always helps in a tight situation during slayer.

animsig.gif

That's beyond the point though. Not everyone can make 8M in the time it takes to get a torso. Honestly, I strongly advise getting a torso, that Strenght bonus always helps in a tight situation during slayer.

The defense bonuses would help more...

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

The defense bonuses would help more...

I didn't say no to that. But all I'm stating here is that getting the Strenght bonus can and will be a help for whoever has it...

animsig.gif

If you enjoy Barbarian Assault, why not get it? You can have some fun with a reward in the end. Don't play it just for the torso, however, as there are many better options than the Torso.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Wonderful. Explain how answer the OP's question is 'beyond the point'. Unfortunately, the torso is NOT worth getting. That's an indisputable fact. Is the torso a good piece of armor? That's another discussion entirely. The answer to the OP's question, however, is no.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

If you enjoy Barbarian Assault, why not get it? You can have some fun with a reward in the end. Don't play it just for the torso, however, as there are many better options than the Torso.

I share his opinion. :P

animsig.gif

So do I :P

Quick summary of this thread:

Torso isn't worth getting, it's a waste of time, but if you enjoy BA, play it and get the torso if you want to.

DeviledEgg24.png

Torso isn't worth getting, it's a waste of time, but if you enjoy BA, play it and get the torso if you want to.

Agreed :D

animsig.gif

It's my standard ending to all torso threads, designed to appease the 'get it if you want it' people :lol:

DeviledEgg24.png

It's my standard ending to all torso threads, designed to appease the 'get it if you want it' people :lol:

:lol:

animsig.gif