How did you come about finding tip.it?

Joes_So_Cool

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I really just wanted a thread to say I've been here for two solid years today, and I'm glad I've been here, I've made more then a few real friends and believe it or not, learned alot.

I don't really want this to get locked so lets put some meaning into this topic!

How did you find tip.it? Why'd you stay? What'd you like? Most will say RuneScape to start with (even me) but alot of us here in off topic stay now for reasons far from runescape. Post your stories!

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stumbled upon the site almost 7 years ago looking for quest guides. Registered an account a while later to sell stuff on the marketplace forums... then somehow ended up becoming a regular at the Media board, and later ventured into OT where I've remained when I stopped playing the game.

I guess I stay for the familiar faces? So to speak.

2009rb9.jpg

I don't remember how I found the site, looking for quest help I think. I got pissed off at the pop-ups. I didn't touch the forums until 2007, even though I favorited Tip.It and used every day I played Runescape (actually not a whole lot, I quit a lot back then) for about 2 years until growing the balls to use the forums. I was scared of them. I don't know why.

And as time passed, I fell out with the game, and noticed the little "Off-Topic" button. [bleep]ed around for a month or so, then started to like it and wanted to stake a claim for myself. Now, I'm me.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

When I first started playing runescape oh so many years ago I needed a place for guides, and here I am. I suppose I stay through force of habit. Come summer, I'll probably disappear again since I'll be doing trail work and related park maintenance. I really should work more so maybe I'll quit the habit, who knows.

I remember making a thread about the exact same thing as thing last year, except that it was in Questionnaires.

But I found out about Tip.It in-game, although I would have found it sooner or later.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I started playing RuneScape three months before I joined TIF. I'm not really sure why I waited, and/or why I ended up signing up...

Then that summer I had nothing to do in Taiwan, so I browsed TIF all day. (My uncle's computer didn't have Java, I was stupid, and I couldn't read Chinese...) Anyway, I ended up in OT and bonded or something like that and here I am with just over 3000 posts. :|

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Oh snap my 3 year anniversary is in like a week!

Anyways I found Tip.it when my friends saw an "awesome quest help site". I found TIF after finnaly getting into internet forums when my first internet forum was a Yu-Gi-Oh community.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I was a lurker for awhile but Multi Site Steel War 3 made me sign up (war was December 8, 2007 two days before the big changes on RuneScape).

Glad I stuck around, I spend more time on TIF than I do RuneScape.

Earnest The Chicken is what did me in. Damn levers, but definitely my favourite quest, since I did manage to do it on my first account. Was just to lazy to try again after that account got hacked. I generally stuck to Bugs and Suggestions, couldn't care much for General Discussion. Then very slowing moved down the list of boards. Staying around mainly because I have nothing better to do, but also because I generally enjoy the community, especially if I stick to OT and other boards like it. Is it sad that I may have read up to 65% of all the guides, when I the total time I was a member totaled 3 months?

Glad I stuck around, I spend more time on TIF than I do RuneScape.

That's what happened to me when I was playing. Would be reading the forums only to switch windows and realize I had been playing.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

When I was new to Runescape, I kept on looking up Quest Guides and Skill Guides.

Found Tip.It was the best.

Basically this.

I didnt find the forums until several years later though.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Stumbled upon the site almost 7 years ago looking for quest guides. Registered an account a while later to sell stuff on the marketplace forums... then somehow ended up becoming a regular at the Media board, and later ventured into OT where I've remained when I stopped playing the game.

I guess I stay for the familiar faces? So to speak.

I think this pretty well describes me. To elaborate though.

I think I've been on Tip.it for close to 8 years now when I come to think of it (although I think I joined around the same time Azvareth did). From what I remember I came to sell something, or a guide.. I have no idea.

Eventually though the idea of being able to sell these little pieces of graphics for runescape GP really intrigued me, mostly because I sucked at the game and wanted a get quick rich scheme. Ended up making a ton of enemies in the Media Board when I first started out by taking what was a "free background" (it actually was, but still) and putting a runescape character ontop of it in paint and calling it a signature. Even sold it for 25k somehow.

Either way I ended up getting much more into graphic art, maybe just because I was stubborn and wanted to prove some people wrong (Witty_Fool and the like) but really I just loved it. In a lot of ways I can credit both runescape and Tip.it for inspiring my current subject that I am studying at college and what will eventually be my job.

I figure I stay around mostly for the people. Really out of habit though. It gets kind of boring when you're used to just checking the forums in between flight paths in an MMO or something. :) Really though I always like these topics because I still think that it's funny how possibly the worst game in the world inspired my career choice.

I found tip.it when someone told me about the site. I don't play that POS of the game anymore :lol:

I still hang around for all the info and for the familiar faces.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Can't remember why I signed up but this wasn't my first forum name. I was actually banned when I was about 15/16 about 6 times, maybe a bit more :lol: I was a board troll (something I hate now) and also started flame wars with all the pkers I hated before Runescape 3D came out. I think it was to either piss people off or I used to also be a staker/merchant and used the marketplace to make gp.

I stay because I'm lucky enough to have too much free time on my hands. I have tried to leave twice, although came crawling back when I saw incredibly incorrect psych research which I couldn't help but post and re-educate the person. Third time lucky? Probably when I have another kid or Raiden isn't sleeping during the day anymore.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I figure I stay around mostly for the people. Really out of habit though. It gets kind of boring when you're used to just checking the forums in between flight paths in an MMO or something.

This. :lol:

It all started when I was playing RuneScape in late 2005...thought the game had cheats. Not the macro-type ones or the duplicates but like type in "rosebudlikesgold" and get like 500 gold or something; minor, single-player, cheats. Stumbled upon Tip.It and learned there was a forum. The previous summer I spent most of my time in the pre-realase Star Wars Battlefront II forums. You could spend all day there, topics would spring up every minute...so I thought TIF was the same so I gave it a shot. Haven't left since. :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg