How did you come about finding tip.it?

Joes_So_Cool

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as majority of the posts. I found this thing called a forum ("OMG! a forum! wut is a forum!") So hell, I just joined. Didn't make a post until 3 months later, for as I remember it... Some TET event I didn't end up going to. I stayed because I read some speculation in General Discussion and got hooked. Nowadays it's just OMG NEEDLES ROSE UP 1 GP WE MUST TELL THE WORLD ABOUT DIS. That's why I frequent OT now, still got a lot to learn here, heheh

A Clan friend told me about the Zezima article :oops: and I started browsing the forums from the links they have at the bottom of articles. Tbh I cant stop my self from browsing them now :ugeek:

I don't see what the big deal about zezima is. But that's probably because we dated when he first got 99 smithing (not real life, just boy girl in game rubbish). Still talk to him sometimes on msn or facebook. The dude has issues but at least he's friendly.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Quest guides\Market place.

I only really started frequenting here after I stopped playing though, no idea why.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

My best mate irl told me about the website for Quest help in RuneScape, this is early 2005 I think. I think I joined originally, but forgot my password and didn't use the forum again for a while. Then I rejoined under this username, when I needed Quest help again, and loved the Graphics community, which led me to post mainly around there. Been here ever since. :)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I have been using TipIt since 2002 or something (thanks everyone who's been working with the site over the years), but i only signed up to the forum in 2007 because i wanted to ask about a "phenomenon" in RSC (null).

Mostly hanging out in T&C and Offtopic.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Looking for a quest guide for the Ernest the Chicken Quest.
I think that lever puzzle has attracted quite a few people over to various fansites over the past few years... I know it's why I joined seven years ago :P

Much like Nadril and some others, I came along to use the quest guides or similar, and found myself posting regularly in the Gallery. My first 700-800 posts probably are almost exclusively in the Gallery. I remember only one time when I posted somewhere else, but I did it wrong and it got locked :oops: so I stayed away and went back to the Gallery again.

Tip.It and the Gallery really inspired me to get Photoshop and start practising graphic design. I'd considered it as a career for a while, but now I realise I'd just like to keep it as a hobby.

spacescenev24.jpg

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I played a game called Runescape. I went to the website http://www.tip.it and clicked on the 'Runescape' button for information on the game, later I found out this website also had a forum. On this forum were weird people, so I did not come there. Later I figured out that signing up to that forum might be good for business. So I signed up. Later I stopped playing that game, and I went to the off-topic forum. And I never left.

I wonder. Is a coal cert still worth 1K ? Or was it 2K? Hm. You could get an iron cert for 500GP and a coal cert for 1K, right? You sometimes sold the coal cert for 2K. That wasn't often though.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I heard about the website ages ago. Someone mentioned it on RuneScape when another person was looking for quest help. Curious, I went to the website and poked around. I used it for its guides for a few years before finally creating a forum account. I was mostly into Rate This, Help & Advice and BlogScape at the time, but I eventually branched out and started poking around The Gallery and Off-Topic.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Well I was looking for quest guides at first, and found this site around 5 years ago. Then some time around a year ago I found the forums and registered, and hung around the runescape boards. Around the time I started venturing into off-topic I forgot my password so I made a new account, which is this one :P

I've always had an interest in graphic design. But I was put off because photoshop's pretty expensive and the few times I used it, it confused the hell out of me. But I remember reading a thread somewhere here in off topic, where someone asked for a hobby. A couple people recommended gimp and said it was like a free version of photoshop so I got that. I was still really confused, until I ventured into the gallery and started lurking there. Eventually I found out through tuts that it really isn't hard to use at all, and now I lurk in the gallery a lot and post every now and then.

Basically I lurk the off-topic boards a lot and every now and then check out the runescape boards to see how the game's doing :P

EDIT: oh, and I always have and always will hate the people on blogscape. "lul i <3 ur stats give me som monies pl0x? naise 99 punching too lulz ur pro"

wl7w9j.png

Well, I came about finding it whilst browsing Google. RuneHQ loaded wayy too slow and I needed to find a new site for Quest Help and guides and such...

So, I found Tip.It, and read like all the guides I was interested in, then started browsing the forums. I made a forum account out of boredom, and now here I am.

I browse Tip.It for like 3 hours a day, even though I never post. :-#

I've been trying to be more active, but usually I feel like my post would be stupid to post.

Wooooot.

I have 2 degrees of seperation between Zezima.

Goddess, I had no idea, that you have been playing RS for that long !

Well, now you do lol at one stage I was racing Ltangel to 99 crafting but ended up quitting. I think I got up to 6th-10th at one stage. I haven't touched my crafting level since. Used to be ranked in the top 200 overall I know that much. And Pete was combat 85ish when I met him and I was 106. I also got the 3rd ever rune 2h smithed by musashi. And for some reason I have a memory of purchasing my first rune kite for 850k lol and used to sometimes pretend my rune square was a kite. Back then clan BDK ruled the wildy, can't remember who ran it I think it was robin hood and Zar family 2. And then I dated mob dog for almost a year (in real life), which turned out to be the biggest waste of time, ever! :lol: I don't really play much these days, every few months or so when I get bored. People log in and ask me if I'm an autoer because they've never heard of me before :wall: Hardly anyone believes me when I say Zezima and I were an rs item but I really don't care. We don't talk much anymore anyway because his girlfriend gets jealous.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I played a game called Runescape. I went to the website http://www.tip.it and clicked on the 'Runescape' button for information on the game, later I found out this website also had a forum. On this forum were weird people, so I did not come there. Later I figured out that signing up to that forum might be good for business. So I signed up. Later I stopped playing that game, and I went to the off-topic forum. And I never left.

I wonder. Is a coal cert still worth 1K ? Or was it 2K? Hm. You could get an iron cert for 500GP and a coal cert for 1K, right? You sometimes sold the coal cert for 2K. That wasn't often though.

That was a pain. No they got rid of that. It's all automatic now to "cert" stuff. And you can cert everything, not just ore/fish. I wonder if the RS players know the history of those guys who used to cert stuff.

My best mate irl told me about the website for Quest help in RuneScape, this is early 2005 I think.

Same with me (exactly, even the year!) except I didn't know about the forums for like a year, then around about another year later I joined the forums.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Well, now you do lol at one stage I was racing Ltangel to 99 crafting but ended up quitting. I think I got up to 6th-10th at one stage. I haven't touched my crafting level since. Used to be ranked in the top 200 overall I know that much. And Pete was combat 85ish when I met him and I was 106. I also got the 3rd ever rune 2h smithed by musashi. And for some reason I have a memory of purchasing my first rune kite for 850k lol and used to sometimes pretend my rune square was a kite. Back then clan BDK ruled the wildy, can't remember who ran it I think it was robin hood and Zar family 2. And then I dated mob dog for almost a year (in real life), which turned out to be the biggest waste of time, ever! I don't really play much these days, every few months or so when I get bored. People log in and ask me if I'm an autoer because they've never heard of me before Hardly anyone believes me when I say Zezima and I were an rs item but I really don't care. We don't talk much anymore anyway because his girlfriend gets jealous.

Not that I didn't know this but...Runescape really was a close knit-community back "then".

So many, connections... :)

I sucked at quests really bad.

Couldn't pass many mazes without it.I also liked having what I needed with me throughout the quest.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

That was a pain. No they got rid of that. It's all automatic now to "cert" stuff. And you can cert everything, not just ore/fish. I wonder if the RS players know the history of those guys who used to cert stuff.

Oh, that's way to easy. I always liked to cert stuff. Always lots of people in Draynor village, and everyone was in good spirit. Fishing guild was nice too. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

My best mate irl told me about the website for Quest help in RuneScape, this is early 2005 I think.

Same with me (exactly, even the year!) except I didn't know about the forums for like a year, then around about another year later I joined the forums.

:shock: Me too lol. What month, do you remember? I was around august.