Joes_So_Cool

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

runehq was too slow

Yeah I always hated that about RuneHQ. I used to use their website for their quest guides, but I always hated it because of how slow it was and how cluttered it looked.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

runehq was too slow

Yeah I always hated that about RuneHQ. I used to use their website for their quest guides, but I always hated it because of how slow it was and how cluttered it looked.

Not to mention their website coding is absolute [cabbage], as in copy-pasted from tutorials [cabbage]. Which is why it's so un-optimized and slow to load.

I don't like RuneHQ, their guides are rarely updated. Whereas the guides here are updated with new information as it comes.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

runehq was too slow

To be fair though I remember when the TIF forums (maybe more of scapeboard) were slow as molasses. Of course that is more to blame for our crappy service provider other than anything ([bleep]in DK3 :P)

my best friend and I played a lot of Runescape back in the day. His sister googled "Runescape quest guide" and came across Tip.it. After a while of him prasing the site I started using it, even back then 4 years ago it was very useful. I didn't start using the forum until much later. I came to the forum mostly out of curiosity. One of the newarticles caught my eye and it had a "discuss here" link. I clicked and the rest is history.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I sucked at quests as most people here.

I came across the forums out of pure luck. Too scared to post for a while seeing everybody get flamed or bashed.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I sucked at quests as most people here.

I came across the forums out of pure luck. Too scared to post for a while seeing everybody get flamed or bashed.

Haha, yeah.

Been visting the site for the last 4 or so years, only joined the forums about a year and a half ago.

Not much of a forum-goer back then. Plus I was too busy with other stuff, ironically, I'm much busier now than I was 4 years ago.

A friend recommended Tip to me when I constantly asked him question about how to get good at smithing. He told me to look at the skill guide for it on Tip, and I've visiting daily for around three years. I found the forums entertaining and decided to take part in them after a while because I felt I just had to join the "debate club" debates.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

This little annoying christian dude told me. He's a bit dimwitted oo. I mean come on, when you hang out with rednecks, you better expect something to be lit on fire and/or explode.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Way back in RSC I noticed a lot of people with the best adam/mithril armor combinations answered new player's questions with "check it on tipit" so I thought it must be something good, turned out to be a tips/guide site with a forum. Didn't post much in 2001, only really started posting on forums in 2002 when the address was "runetipit.board.dk3.com". Yeah that's all coming from memory, no idea why it's stuck there after 8-9 years -.-

Ernest the Chicken led me to Tip.it, I joined a few years later as I turned 13 and could join w/out bothering for parent permission and there was a mine map error which I felt needed to be fixed... Turned out I was looking at the wrong mine. :roll:

A real life friend of mine told me the words "tipit" and told me to search on google for a quest help. He didn't wanna help me with that quest at that time.

I really love it here, especially the quest guides. I love having all the items required at one go for a certain quest, it certainly beats running from bank to bank...

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I found tip.it back when it was first linked to on the RS main page when I played (before they stopped linking to fan sites). It was the only major Runescape fan site at the time. I think I needed it to help me with one of the Lumbridge quests (the one with a ghost?).

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

When I was a newb (although some would say I still am) I searched google for "RuneScape Tips". And the most popular site was this site, because it's called "Rune Tips".

So I started using the calculators and quest guides and eventually found my way into the forums.

Haven't looked back since ::'

Li Chef

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

I don't even remember. How do you old folks? All I know is that I was-as most did-using the main site long before the forums.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Way back in RSC I noticed a lot of people with the best adam/mithril armor combinations answered new player's questions with "check it on tipit" so I thought it must be something good, turned out to be a tips/guide site with a forum. Didn't post much in 2001, only really started posting on forums in 2002 when the address was "runetipit.board.dk3.com". Yeah that's all coming from memory, no idea why it's stuck there after 8-9 years -.-

I totally remember the old boards. What happened to them?

I was trying to complete a quest when I overheard someone say to go look up tip.it for help. I found my way to forum soon after. 8 years later I'm still here :shock:

My nick back then was Golden_Sword and I was a noob....

sig2ho7.jpg