Lock Please, or let it die.

sees_all1

Jagex should inplement a box when you make an account where you can "x" it.

Stupid - [ ]

Smart - [X]

Smart allows you to go to RSOF, Stupid is not allowed. :roll:

It is a fool who thinks he knows everything, for only a wise man understands that he knows nothing. :ugeek:

So the only people allowed in should be the ones who check the "Stupid" box, because the stupid people want to look like they're smart, and the truly intelligent people will realize it's a trick and check the "Stupid" box. :thumbsup:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha the amount of people who hate F2P members simply because they don't have a credit card or any money in their paypal to pay for membership (Or, just don't feel like paying) is pretty damn funny.

Still, I believe this is long overdue. Free members are not "Trial" members, or "Demo" members. We put in almost as much time on this game, if not more, than members. We're simply downcast and hated because we're not willing or able to pay a fee. However I believe that if we're better than some of the members, then we should be accepted into the forums.

I believe there should be two different forms of entry.

1. Combat

I believe combat seeing as it's a big part, if not the BIGGEST part of RS should be looked at. Level 100s and up should be considered for free access based on their history, their dedication, and all of that.

2. Skills

I believe that if a free user has mastered (99 for a skill) one or more (I'd say two is the magic number, here) skills, they should at the very least be rewarded with the free access to the forums.

Fleekorama.png

Fleekorama.png

Fleekorama.png

I say having a Total Level of 1000 would be acceptable.

and NO BLACKMARKS

Also add the degrading blackmark system.

Why? A lot of members have blackmarks. Why can't F2P'ers have blackmarks when they wish to post on the forums? You make it sound as P2P is intrinsically better compared to F2P, which is not true.

The only reason F2P is refrained from being able to post on the forums is the enormous clutter it would bring along with it. The RSOF is already quite crowded and adding millions people more would bring chaos. That's the reason Jagex will have a cut off point on letting F2P'ers have access to the forums. Not because they would be bad people, compared to P2P. Therefore adding blackmarks into this discussion isn't right.

I say having a Total Level of 1000 would be acceptable.

and NO BLACKMARKS

Also add the degrading blackmark system.

Why? A lot of members have blackmarks. Why can't F2P'ers have blackmarks when they wish to post on the forums? You make it sound as P2P is intrinsically better compared to F2P, which is not true.

The only reason F2P is refrained from being able to post on the forums is the enormous clutter it would bring along with it. The RSOF is already quite crowded and adding millions people more would bring chaos. That's the reason Jagex will have a cut off point on letting F2P'ers have access to the forums. Not because they would be bad people, compared to P2P. Therefore adding blackmarks into this discussion isn't right.

And the degrading blackmark system would help those in the greenzone (and eventually everyone) out. Maybe after a million years durial will be able to come back.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I'm not so sure blackmarks should be a requirement - there are many ways to accumulate blackmarks. However, if the idea is that a player without blackmarks is unlikely to spam the forums, then perhaps there should be a different requirement?

I could understand it if Jagex was stricter on the forums about spam to those of us in F2P, maybe 3 strikes and you're out - but I believe an overall stricter atmosphere of no nonsense would do the forums some good.

A high level requirement would also deter people from creating multiple accounts just to post in case another one of their accounts were banned.

So - I've suggested 759 total levels, I've seen 1000, 1100, playing for more than a year, no blackmarks, higher than level 90 combat.

Any other suggestions?

I think 1000 or higher may be a little tough, I've been playing now for a good 4 years, and I still only have 991 total levels. Granted, I haven't raised range or defense and attack very high, but my runecrafting level is superior, along with my strength.

Asking for a f2per to get 1k total levels is like an average of 66 in each stat - and that's nearing 7.5 million? experience.

Which, gives me an idea. Could total experience be a factor in this? For instance, 10 million total experience grants you forum access? That way, you don't necessarily have to train things you don't enjoy.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I'm not so sure blackmarks should be a requirement - there are many ways to accumulate blackmarks. However, if the idea is that a player without blackmarks is unlikely to spam the forums, then perhaps there should be a different requirement?

I could understand it if Jagex was stricter on the forums about spam to those of us in F2P, maybe 3 strikes and you're out - but I believe an overall stricter atmosphere of no nonsense would do the forums some good.

A high level requirement would also deter people from creating multiple accounts just to post in case another one of their accounts were banned.

So - I've suggested 759 total levels, I've seen 1000, 1100, playing for more than a year, no blackmarks, higher than level 90 combat.

Any other suggestions?

I think 1000 or higher may be a little tough, I've been playing now for a good 4 years, and I still only have 991 total levels. Granted, I haven't raised range or defense and attack very high, but my runecrafting level is superior, along with my strength.

Asking for a f2per to get 1k total levels is like an average of 66 in each stat - and that's nearing 7.5 million? experience.

Which, gives me an idea. Could total experience be a factor in this? For instance, 10 million total experience grants you forum access? That way, you don't necessarily have to train things you don't enjoy.

10 million is a lot of total experience. That's close to, oh, around level 69 in everything. Pretty harsh.

Right now, the only reuirement for a F2P to post on the RSOF is if they are a PMod.

But if Jagex opens RSOF to any F2Ps, then it can get really ugly. Mark said they might open it to higher leveled F2Ps, but I still think it should stay a P2P benefit.

i'm glad that Jagex give us finaly a voice :)

I'm sure, if the F2P forum comes online i will post there some idea's i always had in mind for past 4 years. Big difference is, Tip.it is a discussionsite and RSOF a site with (small) input to the real game. The 1000+ or 1100+ total level is a fair requirement, most players with these stats putted some real dadication in their account and know their small world inside out. They know what F2P is missing and what is annoying.

Ofcourse, the asking for old member items and skills will start there the same way as here (like weaving, is any member doing that small branch of the crafting skill?). The unfair combat triangle from mages view will garranteed show up. Prayer suggestions, training that skill on F2P is insane. And members will freak out like they always do if the word 'F2P' is in the air no matter what it is.

Give it a try and maybe it will be a mature and better forum than the members version.

greedy44.png

I don't think there should be any combat level requirements, or any skill requirements. Why? because levels only show how much of your playing time was spent training skills.

What is more reasonable is a playing time requirement,(NOT the amount of time the account has existed, but actual time spent in-game) say about 75 or so hours of total playing time. Would someone make a bunch of throwaway accounts, play each of them for 75 hours straight, just to get them banned on the forums?

I don't think there should be any combat level requirements, or any skill requirements. Why? because levels only show how much of your playing time was spent training skills.

What is more reasonable is a playing time requirement,(NOT the amount of time the account has existed, but actual time spent in-game) say about 75 or so hours of total playing time. Would someone make a bunch of throwaway accounts, play each of them for 75 hours straight, just to get them banned on the forums?

Yes, someone with wrong intensions can manipulate the global opinion quite easy.

It's about free players who really care about the game, mostly the high leveled ones.

greedy44.png

Good one. I agree with you that play time says a lot more than training skills. Though, 75 hours isn't quite a lot. That means most F2P'ers would be able to get on the forums. Not that I'd mind, but it would get extremely crowded, which is not an improvement for the RSOF.

How about in the Green Zone?

Really I dont think F2p should get the forums because 90% of the forums is member stuff. Like there would be plenty of "Buying rune scimitar + 2h" on the rsof and that takes away from the already full weapon section.

rsof1.png

Half-cross means might be able to use.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

If F2Ps do get access to the RSOF, Jagex might just make a whole section for F2Ps, and that's the only section where they may post.

Good point. That's a very welcome idea to me. But I still wouldn't post on RSOF, because the amount of P2Per's spaming up the F2P posts/sections would get ridiculous (yes, I can see this happening). I also support the little to no blackmarks system. If a player's been good, or if they have made a mistake or two that earned them a blackmark, they may post on the forums.

All this, throw in either a playing time or 1000 total level requirement and you've weeded out the majority of the F2P noobs.

Now if only they'd do this for P2P... :-k

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

If F2Ps do get access to the RSOF, Jagex might just make a whole section for F2Ps, and that's the only section where they may post.

Good point. That's a very welcome idea to me. But I still wouldn't post on RSOF, because the amount of P2Per's spaming up the F2P posts/sections would get ridiculous (yes, I can see this happening). I also support the little to no blackmarks system. If a player's been good, or if they have made a mistake or two that earned them a blackmark, they may post on the forums.

All this, throw in either a playing time or 1000 total level requirement and you've weeded out the majority of the F2P noobs.

Now if only they'd do this for P2P... :-k

A requirement that could be added:

You used to be P2P, but are now F2P.

The rsof is awful,full of idiots,beggars,noobs, and a small amount of people with good humour. and these are the paying members?!

why the hell would you want f2p scum making it worse.

Not all f2p are "scums"..

True... some are in denial.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

• 3 weeks later...

Shut the hell up about f2p being scums. Look at the current RSOF forums and learn to respect f2p. They're people too. Just because they don't pay, doesn't mean they don't deserve anything for their loyalty. Sure, they shouldn't get much new content, but at least allow veteran f2pers to post in the forums. And jagex better don't make it based on combat lvl.

And BTW adverts generate money too.

If anything theyll allow people whove been playing the longest (maybe Jan. 1 2006 and earlier?)

If they base it on combat or total level, then it probably wouldnt be so hard to surpass the requirement.

I still think former members should be allowed, no matter if they go back to F2P.