Lock Please, or let it die.

sees_all1

Shut the hell up about f2p being scums. Look at the current RSOF forums and learn to respect f2p. They're people too. Just because they don't pay, doesn't mean they don't deserve anything for their loyalty. Sure, they shouldn't get much new content, but at least allow veteran f2pers to post in the forums. And jagex better don't make it based on combat lvl.

And BTW adverts generate money too.

Cut the crap about FTP advertisements. They don't even cover server costs:

JagexPrimaryIncome.jpg

JagexFinancialOverview.gif

Anyway, FTP has a SINGLE purpose - to make people buy members. Now, do you think that FTPers being able to post on the forums is going to make them want to be members? Yeah, neither do I. I do, however, believe that the forums are a reason to become a member. From a business standpoint - and Jagex is a business - opening the forums up to FTPers would be a terrible decision. Mod MMG's job is player relations, of course he's going to give vague, rosy answers. Mark my words, it would be a very bad business decision to open then up, and Jagex has shown themselves to be very smart on the business side of things.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, FTP has a SINGLE purpose - to make people buy members. Now, do you think that FTPers being able to post on the forums is going to make them want to be members? Yeah, neither do I. I do, however, believe that the forums are a reason to become a member. From a business standpoint - and Jagex is a business - opening the forums up to FTPers would be a terrible decision. Mod MMG's job is player relations, of course he's going to give vague, rosy answers. Mark my words, it would be a very bad business decision to open then up, and Jagex has shown themselves to be very smart on the business side of things.

See, you'd think this, but at the core of any gaming company is the game, and the best way to sell a game is to make it as fun as possible. You can have all the teasing and ads and publicity you want, but if your game sucks, you're not going to have any long-term success.

Jagex is a business, and their business is making games. They make their money by making the best damn Java games around. If it's between making a little more money or making the game better, the game needs to win.

See, you'd think this, but at the core of any gaming company is the game, and the best way to sell a game is to make it as fun as possible. You can have all the teasing and ads and publicity you want, but if your game sucks, you're not going to have any long-term success.

Jagex is a business, and their business is making games. They make their money by making the best damn Java games around. If it's between making a little more money or making the game better, the game needs to win.

Exactly, but all that only applies to members. FTP doesn't earn them a single cent, it COSTS them money. The only reason it's out there is to lure FTPes into PTP. Opening up the forums to FTP isn't gong to improve the game for PTPers, the people they care about, and as such is a bad business decision.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Exactly, but all that only applies to members. FTP doesn't earn them a single cent, it COSTS them money. The only reason it's out there is to lure FTPes into PTP. Opening up the forums to FTP isn't gong to improve the game for PTPers, the people they care about, and as such is a bad business decision.

Wrong. First, obviously Jagex does care about F2P, they've said so. Second, if a free player doesn't like the game, he/she will not subscribe. By making the free game as fun as possible, free players will enjoy the game more, and if they enjoy the game more, they'll be more likely to want the expansion. Conversely, if the free game sucks, they'll just stop playing because they hate it.

You can't get subscriptions just by making the member's game enticing. You have to make the free game worth playing as well.

Wrong. First, obviously Jagex does care about F2P, they've said so. Second, if a free player doesn't like the game, he/she will not subscribe. By making the free game as fun as possible, free players will enjoy the game more, and if they enjoy the game more, they'll be more likely to want the expansion. Conversely, if the free game sucks, they'll just stop playing because they hate it.

You can't get subscriptions just by making the member's game enticing. You have to make the free game worth playing as well.

Jagex "cares" about them to get them to join P2P

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

yes, they should

at least 6 months of time since account creation

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

Nice made up facts you've posted there. But even if they WERE facts, I still disagree with everything you just said.

F2P obviously does earn them money, because most P2Per's out there started F2P. If there was no F2P, I doubt they'd have as many members now, if any.

Secondly, opening up the forums to F2P WOULD improve the game, I think. Many, many valid and good suggestions could be had if only Jagex could let F2P communicate them. Who knows, maybe some of those suggestions would improve P2P as well. Because any update that happens to F2P is also given to P2P, so it's not like you guys don't get anything.

Jagex cares about their entire game, not only the subscribing members.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

they could make a post limit each day/week/month to limit its use. that way they could see what its like to have full reign on it... just brainstorming

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

I think you'll find that since th removal of the rants forums and others many users are branching out to fansites instead of using the official forums themselves. This is just their way of getting more users to use their forums. I think they are being very generalized about 'high' level player's using the forums.

There are plenty of lower levels who have been playing longer than high levelled players with alot more maturity. But at the same time anyone high level, low level, older, younger can spam and cause problems there really isn't a thick distinction between what will cause a problem and what won't.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

why anyone wants to go onto the rsof is beyond me. :wall:

but anyway i think that they should be allowed in if they have a total lvl of about 500+

because that stops someone from just making an account and spamming on the forums.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

but anyway i think that they should be allowed in if they have a total lvl of about 500+

because that stops someone from just making an account and spamming on the forums.

As said before, the requirement will most likely be 1000+, which is much more reasonable.

As said before, the requirement will most likely be 1000+, which is much more reasonable.

Thats what mod MMG said.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Thats what mod MMG said.

Thats what I was trying to say.

makes you wonder if the total level will be based on ALL levels or only F2P levels...

makes you wonder if the total level will be based on ALL levels or only F2P levels...

Ooh, thats a good point. I think it may be for ALL levels. Jagex should also include your F2P Total level too, like your Combat level without Summoning.

It doesnt matter to me lol Ill get in either way.

Actually, it doesnt matter to me because I wont post there anyways! TIF > RSOF

Edit after title changed to "Lock Please, or let it die.": OMG HE GAVE F2P RSOF... DAMNIT!!

I dont think they should make it so like only f2pers with a total lvl of 1100 should be allowed to post on rsof, because people who are f2p skillers an pures wont be able to post as it is virtually imposiible for us to get 1100 total lvl. They should make it so it has like a range of combat lvls and then the total lvl required to post on rsof e.g like 3-20, 700+, 20-60 850+, 60-80 900+, 80+ 1000+.

Mayb not like that but something like that so it is fair on skillers an pures.

SUPER.gif

Mod MMG, I would like to ask you something.

What do you consider a high level player? Are you looking at combat level or total level or even quest points?

It would be unfair to the f2p skillers if you allowed only high levels to post on the forums.

EDIT: Wow I feel stupid right now... I hadn't realized you wanted it to die... I was basically just caring about what your post had said. My bad :wall:

Oiger1.png

when_power_love_150.gif

In my opinion the rsof ought to be limited to high level p2pers as well =P

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

12 mill exp is a bit much dont yall think? i mean why not 1000+ total level?