F2P Mage and range underpowered

quelmotz

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perfect solution for f2p magic.

1. give mages splitbark armour, full set is only +24 magic attack, only 5 more attack bonus higher then the current full combat set. this attack bonus wont outshine green d hide defence bonus ( which has +34 magic def). however provides the nessesary advantage against meleers with the melee defence. also splitbark has 0 range defence whatsoever so range would still beat magic easily.

however mystic armour will stay member because the mage bonus will be overpowered against even green d hide.

2. give magic snare- bind is joke, not even practical enough for the cb triangle advantage. 5 seconds isnt even enough time to run out of range and farcast. snare is pretty much MANDATORY. however entangle stays member.

3. give mage wave spells. the max hit is 16. useless against high lv pking. there is like no reason to train magic higher then 59 currently for f2p except for magic defence. giving up to fire wave gives a reason.

melee max = 27s with scimmy, 32 with 2h. dont even start with corrupted weapons.

range max- 18s BUT at a rapid speed from shortbow the dps is higher then the scimmy. (theorically it would hit 32s in time a scimmy/long hit once).

magic max after my suggestion will be 20 aka fire wave- magic still dosent have a ko ability because mage hits at longsword speed- opponent eats twice before you hit again. however at least this would partically fit the cb triangle where a mage suppose to hold their opponent and burn their their supplys.

I think snare and fire wave is good.

Splitbark isn't so good.

I can already, with only 63 magic pretty much dominate any fighter in a clan war with just bind and fire blast, even if my bind fails a few times they can never really hit me more than twice in a row. Combined with split bark, which is better defense and magic bonus, my bind/snare would never miss, and that would be far to overpowered.

O.O

I think snare and fire wave is good.

Splitbark isn't so good.

I can already, with only 63 magic pretty much dominate any fighter in a clan war with just bind and fire blast, even if my bind fails a few times they can never really hit me more than twice in a row. Combined with split bark, which is better defense and magic bonus, my bind/snare would never miss, and that would be far to overpowered.

then you must be fighting lv 50s and under? that dosent count because their weak anyway. if a lv 100 mage vs a lv 100 meleer then the meleer will win like 90% of the time which it isnt suppose to. why? because f2p combat magic fails the aspect of the p2p magic.

1. mage are suppose to farcast melee, the method for a mage to win is to hold their opponent while burning through their supplys with spells. once they run outta supplys their helpless because once teleblocked and entangles they have no escape unlike when vs melee/range they could run away easily ( and this is the reason why melee/range has ko attacks). BUT the fact that f2p bind last 5 second this is pretty much imposible for use because it BAREly give enough time to run out a decent range and shoot.

2. at higher lv fire blast hits at the same cap of 16 while melee hits 25+. at higher lv mages will NOT survive the rune scimitars from melee because combat/wizard robes hits little to no melee defence. this is because at high lv meleers would have 70+ attack lv and without armour you might as well put down your staff.

3. splitbark is the PERFECT armour for f2p. melee defence to withstand a high lv meleer, while have 0 range defence so it wont upset the combat triangle. and the attack bonus isnt much higher then combat robes so it wont be overpowered to green d hide. you should have read my last post and realise the idea was fine. (note: splitbark has defence similar to only full steel)

did i forget to mention meleers get gear up to lv 40. range too, but magic is up to lv 20 (combat druid robes).

splitbark is a lv 40 mage item and it fits in fine if send to f2p. its never used in p2p anyway because ahrim/mystic destroys it.

and range should get yew bows. so it fits the lv 40 catergory.

No, most people i attack in clan wars are somewhere between level 60-100 and im level 58 myself.

Yes, i know fire blast and bind is low damage and all, thats why im saying snare and fire wave IS a good thing, but does not need splitbark.

We don't need gear that fits up to level 40 if we already had snare and fire wave.

By the way, try far casting in clan wars, i can bind once from a distance, let off 2 spells, run away and trap him behind a wall, fire more spells until he walks around the wall, and bind him again while running back around the wall.

Without walls its a matter of bind, fire twice, bind fire twice, bind fire once, and then bind fire twice again.

Sure i do little damage, but i can still kick they [wagon] most of the time. Thats with only 63 magic, no defense, and no prayer. So fire blast good, snare good splitbark overpowered.

With snare you can quite easily snare once, and unleash 3 spells before you need to start running again, thats good enough.

Range doesnt need yew bows, they need some sort of KO, though.

O.O

• 1 month later...