Dodongo's Blog - 81 Mining!

Introduction

[hide=Real Life]Hello users of Blogscape and Tip.it forums, welcome to my blog. My name is Ed, Dodongo 200 on Runescape. Here is a little background information - skip down for the low down on my account. I was born in and currently live in South Wales, UK. I'm 15 years of age and I'm currently around halfway through my GCSE's. I get pretty good grades at school, and I hope to pursue a career in Maths or Science (Chemistry or Physics, Biology ftl). We'll see how that goes. :D In my free time I like to play RuneScape, Xbox, read and sometimes watch T.V. I'd also like lift weights, but I'm still scrawny as anything.[/hide]

[hide=RuneScape]Here is a little background for you. I started playing Runescape in 2005, around November. I played for like 2 months with little to no commitment. I achieved 50 Melee's, 60 Mining and 70 Fletching (WOW!!!!). Back then, that was some hard stuff for me. Then, I quit for 2 and a half years, every now and then getting the odd level and declaring it boring again. Then, on summer holiday of 2008, I came back with a vengeance. I renewed my old goal of 70 Ranged and I fought to get it in F2P, at minotaurs. When I got that, I got 70 Fishing. These two goals were my first experience with no-lifing. I played 5 hours for a day on the Ranged one, and again 5 hours on the 70 Fishing goal. For me that was pretty intense. Then I got P2P, and it was great.

And then, I decided to do the impossible. I set myself of getting 10m in two weeks, for a dragon chainbody. Into the fishing guild I went, fished lobsters to 76 at around 200 lobsters an hour. Then, I fished sharks for 100k gp an hour. I thought that was fast. I played 7 hours a day for two weeks and 10 hours a day on the last. Pretty damn harsh. After I got the Dragon Chain I sold it straight away. I got 70 melee's at yaks, and then 80 melee's through slayer.

OK, then the fun really started. I decided to pursue a goal I got from someone else, who's blog I watched and admired - 70+ all. Thanks to the Blogworld/Evilscape/Fishscape chat, I made this, albeit after a lot of being bored and spending. It was amazing for me, and I got it the 3rd of August, just a week or two after I started playing Runescape again the year before. Then, I went for a little goal of cleaning up my stats - that is, getting them to the nearest 5 or 0. That took untill the end of October. And the rest, is history.[/hide]

The Goal

After getting such a high total level (1800+) with no skill above 86, I have decided to get a 99. Or rather, many 99's. Here is the plan. 99 Mining, Agility, Runecrafting, Construction and Farming. The last two will be with money made from Runecrafting, as I intend to do it the profitable way. Below, I have outlined how I intend to achieve these somewhat large goals.

Mining

I will do whatever I feel like, whether that be Granite, banking iron, mithril, adamant, star mining, or even those fancy new concentrated ores. Not much to say here really.

Agility

75 - 80 = Ape Atoll

80 - 85 = Dorgesh Kaan

85 - 90 = Extended Gnome Course

90 - 99 = Extended Barbarian Course

Runecrafting

75 - 77 = Death Runes via Abyss

77 - 82 = Blood Runes via Abyss

82 - 91 = Astrals, however you do them fast (lol).

91 - 99 = Double Natures baby! Man, this will take a while. But I will be horrendously rich by the end of it! :)

Farming

I have yet to consult my local farming expert D Jay99 on the matter.

Construction

No idea!

Friends

Eagle_Tas - Best Ranger/Hitman ever.

D_Jay - Best Farmer/Music taste ever.

Bursted Ice - Best Runecrafter/Troublemaker ever.

2noob4you1 - Best Thingy, not Ranger though because that would mean there were two best rangers :P(Happy? :D)/Most Knowledgable guy ever.

Tanis5432 - Motivator Extraordinaire, and he writes good stories. Check his blog out, Warcraft53 on tif. : )

Turnpikes - My homeboy slayer, he is AWESOME. Always up for a nice chat, and always supporting me. :)

Trechter - My F2P brother, he's a strength noob! Always supporting me though. :)

Dr. Paul Leet - Hilarious dude, loves to farm and mine, how can he not be awesome?

The whole of FSC Chat, I joined as soon as I came back in summer and I never would have made it this far without any of them. You guys OWN!

Tell me if I missed you!

Thanks for reading this, hope you enjoyed it. Post if you really liked it, otherwise I don't mind. Thanks again and wish me luck! :D

Dodongo_200.png

I <3 SikTh.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57Runecrafting.jpg

Oh dear. THIS, is going to take a loooong time.

To be honest, I will be incredibly surprise at myself if I have it done by next weekend. Also, change of plan - I'm going to alternate every level between ZMI and Graahk when I get to 60. Hopefully it will be a bit faster. I honestly don't care if I have to be at Aviansies forever, I cannot stand Runecrafting.

Dodongo_200.png

I <3 SikTh.

62Runecrafting.jpg

Hellz yeah, this is going to go faster than I thought. I actually did this while watching Hercules, wa great fun. : ) Should have 70 on Friday, gonna get it with 1600 Total (I'll get a few easy Hunter levels).

That's it for today, tune in tommorow for more Runecrafting action. : P

Dodongo_200.png

I <3 SikTh.