Are parent too harsh on Jagex? or misunderstood?

kill2pleasure

while browsing utube today, i seen this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sERNft7mM0E

now in the video it talks about how a guardian told all the family to give him money to spend it all on RWT Gp for this "Timmy"

Do you think parent are misunderstanding jagex and giving them a bad rep, when they're kids are abusing the rules themselves?

Jagex shouldn't be responsible at all for this IMO, how many parents do u think actually read all the rs rules?

Also the boy is only 11 years old...

post ur thoughs

armahiltsigsk7.png

hiltbannerfd4.png

Killer3650.png

Killer3650.png

Home World: 99

Irc-Chat: #Aod

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the guardian's fault. Sometimes i think parents are more stupid than the kids to be honest :wall:

Exactly, i think parent failure to actually see what kids are doing online is why this kid got hacked, plus

jagex states you must be 13+ to play, the news cast immediatly takes action against the company, i bet u they didn't even go to the site and read the rules

armahiltsigsk7.png

hiltbannerfd4.png

Killer3650.png

Killer3650.png

Home World: 99

Irc-Chat: #Aod

Its the guardian's fault. Sometimes i think parents are more stupid than the kids to be honest :wall:

Exactly, i think parent failure to actually see what kids are doing online is why this kid got hacked, plus

jagex states you must be 13+ to play, the news cast immediatly takes action against the company, i bet u they didn't even go to the site and read the rules

The thing is, news reporters will ALWAAYS go to the child's nearest computer/tv to see what they play or watch ad base as much conviction on that as they can, when bad parenting is very often to blame. Reminds me of the thread in OT a while ago where a kid had shot himself by accident, the news blamed it on a game on the kids computer, not the fact the kid had access to a loaded gun.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

also the family complains that the stuff they bought through RWT got stolen.

-.- that's what you get for RWTing.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Ugh some1 used that trick to try an hack me yesterday :wall:

[hide=Stats]Jacobrodrig4.png[/hide]

[hide=Total Exp Today]Jacobrodrig4.png[/hide]

Talk on the phone for hours with schoolmates and you have an active social life.

Raid naxx with some schoolmates on WoW and you're a fat menace to society with no ambition or motivation.

I really don't think it's anyone's fault but the kid's on this one. The parents seemed to be fully aware of what he was doing on the game, jagex clearly states that RWT trading is against the rules (Somehow I think that this was part of the deal with the "clan" he was going to join) and they also state never to input your password on any website other than runescape.com.

On a side note....Karma! #-o

WOW, first off this kid is technically too young to play.

It sounded like he was abusing RWT (if so, good thing he got hacked)

and hell ya, parents have no clue what their kids do online, then get upset when something goes wrong.

I doubt this guardian/parent read the rules.

All in all, Timmy tough luck (don't RWT)

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

rofl i almost [cabbage] myself just watching this hahahahaaa hahahahaha that was the best ever! :twss: "timmy spent over $140 gaining virtual points" adam tuckwell from rs should have said: STUPID NOOB RWT'ED SO WE LURED HIM TO A SITE AND JACKED HIS ACCOUNT. GF TIMMEH

timmy_CrippleFight_400.jpg

Well obviously the parents are just [developmentally delayed]ed mother truckers who can't read. How did his parents even justify giving him a credit card to pay the RWTers anyway? :?

WTF is it true it won't let u say the "R" word? (Look at the small letters...thats what only 50 posts will do for you...)

so umm when Jagex see's this wont his account be banned for RWT??? if he was mad about being hacked i wonder how he would feel about getting banned

He won't be banned. Jagex would catch far too much flack for that. His account being hacked made the news, if he gets banned, that would make the news as well.

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

so umm when Jagex see's this wont his account be banned for RWT??? if he was mad about being hacked i wonder how he would feel about getting banned

He won't be banned. Jagex would catch far too much flack for that. His account being hacked made the news, if he gets banned, that would make the news as well.

Yes that is very true.

And look at the bandos...I bet he paid a pretty penny IRL for that. \'

MOTHER TRUCKING NOOBS LIKE THAT 11 YEAR OLD (not gonna say it but it starts with a "B") MESS THIS ALL UP FOR US.

If this guy ever gets his account and items back(Account at least, Jagex doesn't give items back.), I suggest someone link Jagex to this video so they can see he admitted to RWT'ing. :thumbsup:

Also. Talk about a slow news day. Kids get scammed every day in every online game. That's why most online games don't allow anyone under 13.

This is hilarious. It isn't the first case where some a** hole RWT's, gets hacked, and then b*****s about it, and it makes news, blah blah.

If it was a case where a normal player, who doesn't RWT and then cry about this stuff, then I'd have sympothy.. but this kid is an idiot.

And as much of a douche as it makes me to say, I hope he gets perm banned soon. Just because this is on the news doesn't mean we should all feel sad, he admitted he RWT'd, and all the crying in the world doesn't change that he broke a rule. He agreed to the terms and conditions.. it's a conciquence now =\

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I was beginning to worry about the future of America, with all the idiots...

But it seems now, the idiots have grown up faster than I thought. :wall:

Ever seen Idiocracy? That movie keeps seeming like a more realistic possibility...

On topic, I might have also felt bad if they had gotten their credit card info stolen, even if it's from being stupid. That would be way too serious to laugh at. But as it stands...HA!