Are parent too harsh on Jagex? or misunderstood?

kill2pleasure

And Nick, yes I did read your post ... I just disagree with you. People buying in-game wealth with real world money doesn't affect you, macroers affect you.

most of the time (though definately not all the time), the ingame money being traded for rl money is gained by the macroers, meaning that rwiters fund these macroers, and more people that buy gold from them, the more macroers there will be to gather money to satisfy the higher demand.

Most of the macroers are there to satisfy the demand of the real world traders, if they weren't there, most of the macroers would be gone, so they do affect everyone, imo more so than the macroers

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Nick, yes I did read your post ... I just disagree with you. People buying in-game wealth with real world money doesn't affect you, macroers affect you.

most of the time (though definately not all the time), the ingame money being traded for rl money is gained by the macroers, meaning that rwiters fund these macroers, and more people that buy gold from them, the more macroers there will be to gather money to satisfy the higher demand.

Most of the macroers are there to satisfy the demand of the real world traders, if they weren't there, most of the macroers would be gone, so they do affect everyone, imo more so than the macroers

This is exactly what I'm trying to explain, I just wonder how much more I'll need to dumb it down for Madmanpur3 to understand it. And you're on a moral high horse because you see yourself as the one voice of reason here. You fancy yourself as the one good person who has sympathy for this kid while the rest of the forum is a bunch of jerks who are rubbing salt in his wounds and laughing at him. While its true we could be more sympathetic, the question is does he deserve it? The consensus of the majority of this forum is that he does not.

This is exactly what I'm trying to explain, I just wonder how much more I'll need to dumb it down for Madmanpur3 to understand it. And you're on a moral high horse because you see yourself as the one voice of reason here. You fancy yourself as the one good person who has sympathy for this kid while the rest of the forum is a bunch of jerks who are rubbing salt in his wounds and laughing at him. While its true we could be more sympathetic, the question is does he deserve it? The consensus of the majority of this forum is that he does not.

I don't fancy myself as the one good person who has sympathy for the kid, in fact I honestly don't care what happens to the kid.

Also you don't have to dumb down anything for me, I know exactly what you're trying to say but the fact will never change that real world trader =/= macroer. Jagex could've just as easily come up with a solution to macroing and people that used stolen credit cards then left real world trading the way it was (meaning keep an eye out for those doing it and ban the ones that get caught) and everyone would've been much happier.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Jagex could've just as easily come up with a solution to macroing and people that used stolen credit cards then left real world trading the way it was (meaning keep an eye out for those doing it and ban the ones that get caught) and everyone would've been much happier.

Oh if you only know how hard it was for jagex mods and player mods to hunt down the bot families. Jagex did the December 10 update to end macroing and hopefully RWT'ing. How can you say just leave real world trading the way it was when it was the root of all the problems?

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I don't fancy myself as the one good person who has sympathy for the kid, in fact I honestly don't care what happens to the kid.

Also you don't have to dumb down anything for me, I know exactly what you're trying to say but the fact will never change that real world trader =/= macroer. Jagex could've just as easily come up with a solution to macroing and people that used stolen credit cards then left real world trading the way it was (meaning keep an eye out for those doing it and ban the ones that get caught) and everyone would've been much happier.

Sorry

there is no solution for the macroing problem, the only thing macroing does, is a programm controls ur mouse thats all.

Same for stolen creditcard, how can jagex know its stolen, its hard to check i think.

rwt=/=macronig ?

how do u think rwtrader making money to sell. 1 word BOTS

and since the wildy updates, the most of them are gone.

If real world trading is still very much alive, and all the bots are gone, how is real world trading the root of the problem? If one's going to real world trade, wouldn't they try and make as much money an hour as possible in-game (which fyi isn't macroing)? Because that's directly related to more real life money for them.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Timmy got owned. Serves him right for being an idiot and RWTing. I hope Jagex bans him.

Let's see if he gets on the news tonight. I'll bring the Frosted Flakes, and if he doesn't, at least we can cuddle with Tony the Tiger. <3:

The Jagex response on the article page actually states that real world trading is against the rules.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

most problem start with the horrible attitude of most parents that their child will never ever do something wrong.

btw Jagex's response to this was actually rather poorly and should have stated more clearly that this kid was breaking more then 1 rule.