Coin Drops -- Do You Pick Them up?

warren211

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Whether you're a slayer, monster hunter, or just an adventurer, we all sooner or later stumble upon one of the most common yet overlooked drops in runescape: Coins.

Almost every monster in runescape drops them, from the lowly goblin to the mighty General Graardor. But yet many players have different ways of treating them: some ignore every coin drop that's not worth a lot, and some pick drops worth anything more than a few hundred gp, and still some players pick up every coin drop they get if they can spare the inventory space.

As a slayer of combat level 114 and 30m cash in my bank (not including items), I pick up 90% of the coin drops I get. With the exception of the 2-3gp drops from very weak monsters, I usually grab every coin drop I get. From dagannoths to gargoyles to metal dragons, I'm one of the few lv 100+ players who still picks up those little gold pieces lying on the ground. I don't see why I shouldn't, it's free money! Those coins add up. I usually get anywhere from 5-25k worth of coins alone from slayer tasks, and that can really total to something in the long run.

So what do you do with your coins? Do you pick them up, or get choosy picking them up depending on the amount lying on the ground, or ignore them entirely?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

If it's like 5 coins then no. If it's like 100 coins then yes.

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

Only from abby demons. Abby demons frequently drop exactly 3k coins, ALOT more than other monsters. Anything less than 3k I leave. If I don't already have a cash pile and don't intend on making one (no alchs) then I'll leave even 3k drops. I rather keep the time saved over a couple gp. Time is money.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I almost always pick up coins when I monster hunt/slay/what ever I do. Cause I usually bring alching runes when I go hunting/slaying, and the coin drops+alchs really add up in the long run.

If I can be bothered. I wont go out of the way to pick up low coin drops but if it looks like it's a lot of coins or it's very close to me I will pick it up.

Yep...

Doesn't really add up that much

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

• 1 month later...

I defenietly pick them up. The only time I really don't pick them up is when I am trying to get through a kalphite task really fast (the low level ones) cause they only drop like 1-3 coins at a time. When slaying, I am one of those that pick up other peoples coins. It REALLY adds up!

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

I only keep even numbers of money in bank, so the rest of the coins that would make the even numbers in bank uneven...Those coins are always in my inventory :D

So i always have room for coins and i always pick up coins...Even if i know it's only 2 or 3 :oops:

Nogoingbacknow.png

I never pick up coins, occasionally the 3k coin drops if I have room, but otherwise nope.

This made me wonder how much money I actually lose because of this, so I decided to pick up the current 6 'small coin piles' on the floor around me (I'm killing nechryael's) it added up to 704gp. This is just 6 kills from a 140(?) something task, meaning I could potentially be losing about 16,000gp a task.

Now, I'm currently on my 113th task since they updated the slayer system so say if I 'lost' this much from every task (unlikely, I know) then I would have lost about 1,808,000gp (1.8M) :D

Still, it doesn't make me want to change the habit :P

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

Most of the time, unless I need the extra inventory space or if they are dropping under 50 gp. It all adds up and usually after a Slayer task I have a few thousand gp in coins. Not bad for a little extra clicking.

I always pick up every single bone that any monster drops so I usually pick the coins up alongside them. They usually add up to quite a large amount over a long period of time and since I am going to the spot anyway to pick the bones up I don't see the point in not picking the coins up with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes - I sometimes bring alchs so I have coins naturally, and I can get 10k+/task so I see it being worth it. Except monsters which drop coins in pathetically low amounts. :P Mutated Bloodvelds, Black Demons and Abyssal Demons (last few tasks I've had) I've picked up the coin drops.

imagangster.png

i never pick up gps

im at 98 slayer now, not sure i want to know how much money ive left lying on the ground :ohnoes:

Millions probably. At least I know that picking up coins definitely got me a few extra million gp.