Coin Drops -- Do You Pick Them up?

warren211

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I almost always pick up GP drops.

I believe that it'll all add up soon enough.

I also have some sort of OCD thing about it. I feel like I'm wasting money; if I have space for it, I'm taking it! :lol:

Darkman_X_99.png

Darkman_X_99.png

99 WC - 12/20/08! =D

99 Defence - 6/19/09! 44,012 to reach it!

Aiming for 2000 Total Lvl!

I pick up everything that's worth 1gp and up, pennies make the pounds! I was once laughed at for picking up a mithril sq shield in Cammy bank by a smug level 130+, meh i'm about 500gp richer than I was a second ago :P Infact I have a tab in my bank of things I need to sell.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Yes. I pick up ALL the coin drops I get even if it is 1gp. They add up (as someone mentioned earlier) to millions of gp. I have now got nearly 4m in my bank, most from the coin drops off monsters in my slayer tasks.

• 2 weeks later...

I always pick up the coin drops. They do add up after a while.

Whenever I see people not picking up coin drops. (I.E. at greater demons were the coin drops are upwards of 200gp) I always just pick those up too.

It does add up in the end.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

• 3 weeks later...

1k and over maybe.. if im on a metals trip and i have enough room for 3k or a lvl 3 clue ill take the clue

Maeror_Meror.png

Proud Owner Of The Quest Cape

Proud Owner Of The Attack Cape

Proud Owner Of The Defence Cape

Dragon Drops: 1 Shield Left Half, 2 Dragon Claws, 10 Dragon Platelegs, 4 Dragon Medium Helmets

GWD Drops: Gs shard 1: 3 times GS Shard 2: Nil GS shard 3: 2 times 1 Bandos Tassets, 1 Bandos Hilt 1 Bandos Boots, Armadyl Hilt, 3 Saradomin swords

Misc: Ranger boots, Dragonic Visage, Guthix bow,

Normally I don't pick up coins at all, along with most other annoying drops... Seems like a waste of 3 seconds or so :lol:

I'd rather use those seconds to attack the next monster I am killing

The only time i pick up coins is when I'm near the end of a task and its a 3k coin drop, but I'll still drop it for a better item any day :thumbup:

or3zbs.jpg

99s - Attack, Defence, Strength, Hitpoints, Prayer, Magic, Cooking,Slayer,Summoning

Proud Fire Cape Owner!

5500th to summon the amazing Unicorn!

Always. From one gp to a hundred and more. A coin is a coin. It all adds up. No, I'm not poor. To me it's just common sense to collect free money.

I certainly see your point, it does all add up, but for some reason i never have (after 1 mill). Maybe im too lazy :|

Malcazaar.png

I have a golden rule for that : 500 or above pick up, 499 or less leave on the ground :)

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

I always pick up the coins that monsters drop. They're always right at the top of my inventory with charms.

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

No because basically the 2-3 seconds id probly waste picking up coins after each kill (to lazy to grab them between attacks) over the span of say an average of 150 monsters per slayer task adds up to say 3 minutes to even 5 minutes if I grabbed everyone on a 200 monster task.

when i slayed i valued my time around like 600-700k an hour. So per minute i valued it at 10k a minute or so.

unless im making 30-50k per task picking up these coins, id much prefer killing my next monster sooner for faster exp. Maybe if i finish the task 3-5 minutes sooner, i could spend that time killing extra monsters and get a drop worth more then say 10-20k average coin pick/task. like any decent rune item or something.

Time is money. Though I did pick up the 3000 coin piles as they are easily distinguishable from the rest.

RS efficiency and a bit of lazyness :P

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

I pick up all coin drops, except for ones under 10gp.

These coins really do add up, and i can get over 10k in coins from a trip at the cockroaches (f2p) without alchs. Although picking up the coins may seem pointless, it will be worth it in the end

Simnic0.png

Simnic0.png

Simnic0.png

Simnic0.png

Simnic0.png

I pick up all coin drops, no matter how small, because I'm poor ::'

Even the really small ones do add up to something bigger over time, and they only take up one inventory space, so a few more won't hurt. :thumbsup:

WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU READING MY SIGNATURE?!

The coin pile takes up an inventory space. And oftentimes that space could have been filled by a gem or herb that would otherwise have been dropped. And oftentimes the gem or herb is worth more. That's my thinking on the matter, anyway.

I often pick them up. It really depends where I'm training though. (I'm F2P) If I'm training at Lesser Demons/Moss Giants/Cockroach Soldiers I'll pick up coins. If I'm training at Flesh Crawlers, then i won't pick them up.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, almost always, as creatures I kill also drop larger amounts of cash in one go, so I always have a spot for coins.

When it's little amounts, under 100 I tend to leave them, but I often just pick up every pile of coins I see.

I never bother to pick up 1-5 coin drops or anything like that, unless there's another drop on the same spot.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Yes of course. In the end it doesn't slow you down that much so why not? Unless you are power training then you should always take coins. :thumbsup:

nv1jyo.jpg

Rune Pureeeeeeeeeeeee