The Contemporary Spellbook

sees_all1

I really like it, support! :thumbup:

As for how to get it, perhaps make it a reward from minigames? So like if you make a certain amount of tokens you could buy a piece of the book, and once you get 5 pages you fill the book and learn the spellbook.

This would make sense with Great Orb Project. For 3000 tokens, you could buy 1 page of research notes from whatever the Mages there are researching. Once you get all 5 of the research notes, you can read it and reveal the location of a new altar. You would then pray at this altar (either RC like Lunar or a prayer altar like ancients) and activate the spellbook.

To learn the p2p spells, you'd do a similar process. Logically you'd need more pages for the p2p book.

Thanks for your support - I already had a quest idea in mind, so I've posted that.

I really liked the idea of collecting pages, I did think of that. I also like the idea of having to have played GOP, and have 50 rc level to obtain it.

-I'll credit you with those ideas.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think your spellbook is so good you can insult people by saying their attempts are failed??

BTW, of the 28 combat spells, many are repeated like rattle. And most of those will only be used by people using melee/ranged and want to weaken or annoy their opponents. Seriously-28 combat spells? Most of them can also be used by melee and ranged to make them far more powerful than mages. Any high lvl who has done a lot of quests will find the quest a piece of cake so they can use the spellbook for themselves to help their melee and ranged attacks. All those prayer recharging, shielding etc. can help melee/ranged. How many high lvls don't have 60-70 mage or above?? Unless they are pures, they will almost surely have it.

Think before you speak.

And the pulse spells will make the member's wave spells obsolete.

You think your spellbook is so good you can insult people by saying their attempts are failed??

BTW, of the 28 combat spells, many are repeated like rattle. And most of those will only be used by people using melee/ranged and want to weaken or annoy their opponents. Seriously-28 combat spells? Most of them can also be used by melee and ranged to make them far more powerful than mages. Any high lvl who has done a lot of quests will find the quest a piece of cake so they can use the spellbook for themselves to help their melee and ranged attacks. All those prayer recharging, shielding etc. can help melee/ranged. How many high lvls don't have 60-70 mage or above?? Unless they are pures, they will almost surely have it.

Think before you speak.

And the pulse spells will make the member's wave spells obsolete.

I wasn't explicitly talking about your spellbook, there are about 3-4 of these things in the suggestions forum. But yes, now that you mention it, I do think your spellbook is [cabbage].

Here's the thing though - when pking, how many meleers use Stun, Enfeeble, or Vulnerability?

Not many? Oh, I see.

How about, how many mages in P2P use wave spells when pking?

Not many? Oh, hmm.

Sure, recharging can help melee. Just like Entangle, or Teleblock can help melee. But I'll bet a melee will find that prayer potions are more useful, because they take less space, less time. And as far as shielding goes, there's a high chance that would fail for anyone who doesn't have a mage bonus. And since rangers and melees have negative mage bonuses, the probability it would go through is almost none.

The quest wasn't designed to be impossible, either. Any high leveled person shouldn't have trouble doing quests. The quests requirements make it so some F2Per can't create a secondary account and use it strictly for PKing. With 50 runecrafting, 40 defense, and 30 crafting, and virtually ALL the F2P quests requiring to be done, most F2P pure PK magic accounts won't be able to use it.

So quit flaming because your idea hasn't received any good feedback - put more effort into it.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Beef up the quest requirements. Alot.

Maybe a total level of 700 or even 800+. How about a unique quest that requires you to have 500k gp that you get back at the end of the quest?

I thought the requirements were pretty tough, things needed for F2Pers:

-Almost all quests are required to be complete

for both F2P and P2P:

-50 runecrafting (a very difficult requirement in itself)

-4000 GOP tokens (worth about 44x4000=176k or 150x4000=660k)

-3000 FoG rating (that's at least 100 games played, and won)

-Explorer's ring 3

-Dragon Slayer completed

Aside from that, I do like your idea of minimum total level, but how to implement that into the quest may be difficult... what if Melzar's spell decreases ALL of your levels, starting with attack, then strength, then prayer, ... with magic and hitpoints being last, until 600 levels have been taken away? That way, if you have 50 HP, 50 Mage, but only 680 total levels, your magic would then become 30... making it near impossible to do the maze?

Let me know what you think.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Nice ideas, I like the interesting spells. But the requirements do seem a tad on the low side. Keep it up. :)

Can I put you down as a supporter of the spellbook then?

♪♪ And I'm not done

I've modified the quest so that it requires at least a total level of about 850, 50 of which is magic, and recommended 50 from hp.

I've also modified what Melzar does at the end of the maze, instead of using the normal spellbook against you, he uses spells from the new one. I think this will make it extremely difficult to beat for a F2Per.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Nice ideas, I like the interesting spells. But the requirements do seem a tad on the low side. Keep it up. :)

Can I put you down as a supporter of the spellbook then?

Absolutely. ::'

Since when did i say the quest was hard? I said its easy.

Anyway, your spellbook is rubbish. Those high lvls will probably put on their shields in mage armor BEFORE stepping into the pvp world.

And you shouldn't copy to spells-you should say that the requirements should be lowered. Anyway, some spells like flak blast are overpowered. Hitting so many people and pushing them around up to 9 spaces?

The apparate spells are too powerful. Think of miners, woodcutters etc. teleporting to banks.

Sheath other. A rich noob can just hire like 10 people to sheath other him. Ok i doesn't stack but 10 different people doing it 10 times not one doing it 10 times.

Super alchemy will just cause an economic crash and another level of powertraining mage, only that its from lvl 90 onwards. 4 natures? like 1kgp...? And high alchemy can earn a bit of money already. SUPER alchemy? Won't you be earning millions from a cheap spell costing 1k per cast?

Remote deposite all is so overpowered. Miners/wcers/fishermen/whatever can just teleport items quickly to the bank just by equipping a air staff and using at most about 1.6k compared to 10 mins running to and fro from the bank(rune mining?). ONE rune ore can be mined in like maybe 1+ min. so in about 10 min, the miner can earn at least 50 times as much as the cost of this spell.

So whose spellbook is rubbish?

Since Sees_All is not here and I'm bored anyway..

The apparate spells are too powerful. Think of miners, woodcutters etc. teleporting to banks.

Level 87 for 70% chance of success, 99 for 100%. Not something everyone is able to do. Also, only one cast/30 minutes.

Sheath other. A rich noob can just hire like 10 people to sheath other him. Ok i doesn't stack but 10 different people doing it 10 times not one doing it 10 times.

People do this all the time with Heal Other.

Remote deposite all is so overpowered. Miners/wcers/fishermen/whatever can just teleport items quickly to the bank just by equipping a air staff and using at most about 1.6k compared to 10 mins running to and fro from the bank(rune mining?). ONE rune ore can be mined in like maybe 1+ min. so in about 10 min, the miner can earn at least 50 times as much as the cost of this spell.

Remote Deposit All - 94 - 5 Law, 20 Air - Deposit up to 20 items with one cast. May use with coins, bones, runes, food and potions.

Don't want to hog your suggestion or anything, Sees, I just feel enraged when people leave comments like this. D: inform me if you don't want me to do posts like this.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Sereously, are you thinking when you post? This book will never happen. First of all, the spellbook itself is everpowered. Not necessarily with combat, but 2 iron bars from one ore and banking 5 items? Another problem is the quest. Jagex will never make a quest that requires a minigame. They know a lot of people don't like minigames, and would never make a quest that required them. Finally I can see another HUGE problem with this quest. You lose an item you can only have one of (explorer ring (3)) until you finish the quest. What happens to Joe Newb when he loses his explorer ring because he doesn't want to no-life FOG. I play FOG more than any other mini-game and I only have about 1500 rating. 3000 is way too much. Overall this is like any other spellbook suggestion I've read; terrible.

Sereously, are you thinking when you post? This book will never happen. First of all, the spellbook itself is everpowered. Not necessarily with combat, but 2 iron bars from one ore and banking 5 items? Another problem is the quest. Jagex will never make a quest that requires a minigame. They know a lot of people don't like minigames, and would never make a quest that required them. Finally I can see another HUGE problem with this quest. You lose an item you can only have one of (explorer ring (3)) until you finish the quest. What happens to Joe Newb when he loses his explorer ring because he doesn't want to no-life FOG. I play FOG more than any other mini-game and I only have about 1500 rating. 3000 is way too much. Overall this is like any other spellbook suggestion I've read; terrible.

Do you not like the spellbook or the quest?

The primary thing here is the spellbook, the quest was a mere suggestion how to get it. It definitely does not HAVE to be the ONE way to get the spellbook, which is why I'm only taking supporters for the spellbook and not the quest.

Yes, it might be 2 iron bars from 1 ore, but its level 68, and takes 3 nature runes and 3 cosmics. As far as value goes, that's not worth it to cast on iron bars. The only time I could see someone using that is for adamant or rune bars.

Also, the 5 items you could bank were coins, bones, food, or potions. So, if you're at green dragons, and you don't want prayer experience, cast remote deposit on your bones so you can keep gathering them, and sell them later.

Since you don't like the quest, I'm open to suggestions on how to fix it. The reason I had someone lose their explorer's ring is because it takes you to draynor pretty quickly, and a big part of this quest is walking. If your only beef is with the FoG ranking, perhaps I could make it 200 FoG tokens or some other thing?

♪♪ And I'm not done

My personal opinion is that the FOG requirement is unnecessary and should be taken out of the equation completely. Other than that I think the requirements seem fair.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Jagex will never make a quest that requires a minigame.

My Arm's Big Adventure requires you have 100% approval in Tai Bwo Wannai, and Royal Trouble has similar requirements. Catapult Construction gives a reward that benefits a minigame, as do Tears of Guthix, Royal Trouble and Throne to Misc. So who says minigames won't be tied into quests?

I've modified the quest so that instead of ranking, it requires tokens. 50 tokens - on my main account, it takes about 5 wins for me to obtain 50 FoG tokens, and on my other account sqelt, it takes me about 8-9 wins to obtain 50 FoG tokens. I'm not sure if that's because sqelt only uses magic, or if they give more tokens to higher levels.

In any event, 50 FoG tokens is much easier than 3k rating, but it still requires you to play the FoG minigame, and it keeps it difficult for someone to have a pure mage in f2p, and still obtain the book.

Now - if anyone can help me think of the stats for the new robes/staffs/capes the Wise Old Man sells, that would be greatly appreciated.

These items need to provide a positive melee and mage defense, a small range defense, a negative melee and range attack, and a positive mage attack.

For the members robes, they should have some sort of special ability that makes it worth their while - maybe a robe set makes it so the 2nd type of rune isn't required?

Thanks for the feedback, keep it up!

♪♪ And I'm not done

I've modified the quest so that instead of ranking, it requires tokens. 50 tokens - on my main account, it takes about 5 wins for me to obtain 50 FoG tokens, and on my other account sqelt, it takes me about 8-9 wins to obtain 50 FoG tokens. I'm not sure if that's because sqelt only uses magic, or if they give more tokens to higher levels.

In any event, 50 FoG tokens is much easier than 3k rating, but it still requires you to play the FoG minigame, and it keeps it difficult for someone to have a pure mage in f2p, and still obtain the book.

Now - if anyone can help me think of the stats for the new robes/staffs/capes the Wise Old Man sells, that would be greatly appreciated.

These items need to provide a positive melee and mage defense, a small range defense, a negative melee and range attack, and a positive mage attack.

For the members robes, they should have some sort of special ability that makes it worth their while - maybe a robe set makes it so the 2nd type of rune isn't required?

Thanks for the feedback, keep it up!

The amount of FOG tokens you receive depends on 3 factors, your charges, your opponent's charges, and your total level. So players which a higher total get more tokens. For example, but get around 30 tokens a game, so in 2 games I'll have enough tokens for this quest. That's a bit low, and only takes me about 20 minutes or so to accomplish, while only gaining like 50 rating. Remember the Rune Zerker shield is 300 tokens and Druid Robes (top) is 250 tokens, so I'd say 500 tokens at least should be sufficient.

As for stats, I'd say make them a notch below Spitbark, except without the defense bonuses Spitbark gives. For the staff, +10 magic would be huge for f2p, considering the Ancient Staff gives something like +14. For the Cape, +6 to all defenses would make it the best f2p cape and one of the best for p2p. (Skill capes/Obby capes give around +11, so does the fire cape.)

For the members robes, just throw in a special attack for the weapon. For than enough.

I changed the Reggie section to be 400 FoG tokens, or 3k rating. Figures that people that play FoG a lot shouldn't have to get more tokens just to get this spellbook.

I also made a new signature ::' If you'd like to use it, here's what you need:

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=784491][img=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d120/eyeseesall/SUPER.gif][/url]

Enjoy, I know I will!

♪♪ And I'm not done

The spellbook sounds awesome! :thumbup:

Its overpowered

*cough* and yours wasn't? *cough*

I think they're should be a spell that teleports you 3 squares behind your target(like a mini apparate) with could be useful in things like FoG when you've used your tele-orb. It would require 89 magic(debatable) and would only be allowed to cast once every minute. Only a suggestion. :)

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

The spellbook sounds awesome! :thumbup:

I think they're should be a spell that teleports you 3 squares behind your target(like a mini apparate) with could be useful in things like FoG when you've used your tele-orb. It would require 89 magic(debatable) and would only be allowed to cast once every minute. Only a suggestion. :)

I'll put you down as a supporter?

Since there is a FoG element, and BH's spells is inaccurate to say the least, I think I may be able to work something in.

♪♪ And I'm not done

i like your idea and your detailed spell book... maybe the last f2p spell was pushing it but the rest actually seemed nice :)

can I put you as a supporter then?

♪♪ And I'm not done

support all cept blackout. the person could just change lighting and brightness settings. unless it turns their screen all black.

also, just to clarify, most of those spells cant b casted while under atk rite? apparate says u can teleport to anywhere on the map. does that mean minimap? or world map that pops up somewhere? because wouldnt it be a paint as someone is dealing damage to you and you want to tele to ardy and u have to scroll through the map and before you know it ur kOed?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I like the self-buffing ideas as opposed to the current debuffs that we have. However, I would like to point out that 8 spaces is a LOT. You have to do one of two things:

1) make it smaller like around 4 spaces. This will surprise people when suddenly knocked back 4 spaces. It will take probably about a second to get their senses back together. This is assuming that the attack is automatically turned off when knocked back. If not, then the push back is somewhat useless at 4 and should be kept at 8 spaces as you have said. I would suggest making turn off the auto attack because it would make mages require more thought in stringing attacks.

2) make the animation long but also stun the opponent for about five seconds or along that line. That way, they have time to prepare bu if it does hit, it hits HARD.

You lack an essential set of spells for f2p:

Kiting spells.

There needs to be a set of spells that drain the run energy of an opponent to 0% very quickly so that mages can literally run circles around meleers without hindering rangers very much.

Other than that, your suggestions seem fairly balanced. You might want to make a "needs all f2p quests done" kind of thing so we at least slightly mitigate the combat frequency of these new spells (we don't want noobs who can't ancient effectively running around with ancients, now do we?)

My only worry is that this new spell book will completely override the others. IMO the three spells books (excluding lunar) should be almost equal, only differing in preference and circumstances. For example, in WoW there are three spell sets: arcane, fire, and frost. Fire is good at mas dps in pvp. Ice is good at raid cc but not so much at pvp on its own since fire will merely break free and MASSIVELY do MASSIVE damage at you. Arcane is a self-improvement/cc/dps (best of both worlds) set but not as good as fire or ice in those departments. Conversely, fire will suck at raiding since it burns mana FAST and can accidentally pull aggro; very bad. Ice will suck at pvp because, as said above, it can cc, but it will also leave you open to massive dps (fire).

For the context of ancients vs. modern, IMO modern should be just as good if not better than ancients in SINGLE pvp (but only in dps, not effects). Ancients should be far superior in cc and massive dps in 1 vs 10 situations. So what role does your spell book possess? Is it the best of both worlds, like arcane, or are you trying to make the modern book be arcane and this book be single pvp superior, with ancients as massive cc?

edit:ok, +12 magic for a potion? uh, no. that means people with 84 magic could cast ice barrage, SEVERELY raising the combat frequency of such things. No, just no.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg