The Contemporary Spellbook

sees_all1

support all cept blackout. the person could just change lighting and brightness settings. unless it turns their screen all black.

also, just to clarify, most of those spells cant b casted while under atk rite? apparate says u can teleport to anywhere on the map. does that mean minimap? or world map that pops up somewhere? because wouldnt it be a paint as someone is dealing damage to you and you want to tele to ardy and u have to scroll through the map and before you know it ur kOed?

I meant for blackout to make it very difficult for the person to see things on screen -- the point of blackout would make it hard for them to know how much health they have, turn prayers on, teleport, or run somewhere specific. Blackout, like teleblock, would splash fairly often, even for people with level 99.

I suppose when apparate is casted, you'd become very small like the original teleport animation, a world map would appear, and you'd select from that. You'd only become small if the spell worked, so if it failed during combat there'd be some sort of indicator. And once you became small, the person attacking could not hit you anymore.

I like the self-buffing ideas as opposed to the current debuffs that we have. However, I would like to point out that 8 spaces is a LOT. You have to do one of two things:

1) make it smaller like around 4 spaces. This will surprise people when suddenly knocked back 4 spaces. It will take probably about a second to get their senses back together. This is assuming that the attack is automatically turned off when knocked back. If not, then the push back is somewhat useless at 4 and should be kept at 8 spaces as you have said. I would suggest making turn off the auto attack because it would make mages require more thought in stringing attacks.

2) make the animation long but also stun the opponent for about five seconds or along that line. That way, they have time to prepare bu if it does hit, it hits HARD.

The amount of distance knocked back from Push, Shove, and Flak blast are random numbers from 1/2 max to their respective maximums, and it also depends on what might be in the way of obstacles (i.e. they'd fly OVER a low fence, but not OVER or THROUGH a wall / high barrier).

I figured the animation for each would take about 4-8 seconds, and during that time, you'd be able to cast 1 to 3 spells. Push and Shove don't do damage, Flak Blast does, but it has a higher chance of failure.

The idea also was that if you hit a melee, they wouldn't be able to fight back, but if you hit a ranger, they would... no big deal, keeping the triangle.

You lack an essential set of spells for f2p:

Kiting spells.

There needs to be a set of spells that drain the run energy of an opponent to 0% very quickly so that mages can literally run circles around meleers without hindering rangers very much.

I suppose I could change Debase to "Decreases Opponent's Agility level by 50% AND drains run energy by 50%" - and make it F2P. Any suggestions on the new runes required?

Other than that, your suggestions seem fairly balanced. You might want to make a "needs all f2p quests done" kind of thing so we at least slightly mitigate the combat frequency of these new spells (we don't want noobs who can't ancient effectively running around with ancients, now do we?)

Well, with the quest requirements as they are, any pure F2Per would pretty much have to have all the quests done - Dragon Slayer requires a ton of quest points to get started, and this requires Dragon Slayer to be done.

My only worry is that this new spell book will completely override the others. IMO the three spells books (excluding lunar) should be almost equal, only differing in preference and circumstances.

For the context of ancients vs. modern, IMO modern should be just as good if not better than ancients in SINGLE pvp (but only in dps, not effects). Ancients should be far superior in cc and massive dps in 1 vs 10 situations. So what role does your spell book possess? Is it the best of both worlds, like arcane, or are you trying to make the modern book be arcane and this book be single pvp superior, with ancients as massive cc?

I think generally, I'd like this spellbook to mimic modern, but address three key issues:

1. Lack of a Triangle in F2P - F2P seriously needs to hit higher than 16

2. PJers - Nothing is worse than when you've got an opponent on the ropes, and Mr. PJer steps in.

3. 1v1 PKability - Be able to hit hard or fast at a distance on Melee, as magic was intended to.

As far as the place it takes - I'm not sure what you're saying, probably because its late and Physics just fried my brain :P

edit:ok, +12 magic for a potion? uh, no. that means people with 84 magic could cast ice barrage, SEVERELY raising the combat frequency of such things. No, just no.

I've still have to finish all the rewards, but I'll definitely keep that in mind.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of these spells are copied from Item specials. There are very few I actually like. I hate edgeville teleport, Ancients, Glory, Fairy Rings. There is plenty of ways to get there. Why not have it to barbarian Village instead? Its F2p and close to edgeville, but would be useful to members as well. I like that one that teleports you up to 20 squares away, but it wouldn't be a good idea. Imagine a guy with a D bow, he fires of the specials fast and teleports away, then switches to mage and hits you hard as you rush towards him and warps away. Then he equips a dds P++ and finishes you off. It would help fight against player jacking though.

Creator of the Toy Penguin army! Penguin Army Goal: 397/2000 Toy Penguins

f730aecae1.png

Since Sees_All is not here and I'm bored anyway..

The apparate spells are too powerful. Think of miners, woodcutters etc. teleporting to banks.

Level 87 for 70% chance of success, 99 for 100%. Not something everyone is able to do. Also, only one cast/30 minutes.

Sheath other. A rich noob can just hire like 10 people to sheath other him. Ok i doesn't stack but 10 different people doing it 10 times not one doing it 10 times.

People do this all the time with Heal Other.

Remote deposite all is so overpowered. Miners/wcers/fishermen/whatever can just teleport items quickly to the bank just by equipping a air staff and using at most about 1.6k compared to 10 mins running to and fro from the bank(rune mining?). ONE rune ore can be mined in like maybe 1+ min. so in about 10 min, the miner can earn at least 50 times as much as the cost of this spell.

Remote Deposit All - 94 - 5 Law, 20 Air - Deposit up to 20 items with one cast. May use with coins, bones, runes, food and potions.

Don't want to hog your suggestion or anything, Sees, I just feel enraged when people leave comments like this. D: inform me if you don't want me to do posts like this.

70% chance of success. Do it twice then. Costs about 3.2k or something if im not mistaken. Rune mining/some other kinds of mining and some other skills require much more than 30 minutes at the place.

People doing it all the time with heal other doesn't justify this. In your logic, I should punch someone because someone just punched that person.

Ok i was wrong with the remote deposit all.

You still haven't replied about supreme alchemy. And btw that's a ripoff from my spellbook, except you changed the lvls and requirements.

70% chance of success. Do it twice then. One cast / 30 minutes. Costs about 3.2k or something if im not mistaken. Rune mining/some other kinds of mining and some other skills require much more than 30 minutes at the place. Wilderness level restrictions? Unless you mean teleporting to the Rune rocks, however, if someone has the patience to get that high magic levels, heck, I at least have no problem with them teleporting straight there.

People doing it all the time with heal other doesn't justify this. You're completely OK with Heal Other, but not with a weaker healing spell? In your logic, I should punch someone because someone just punched that person.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

You still haven't replied about supreme alchemy. And btw that's a ripoff from my spellbook, except you changed the lvls and requirements.

I think everyone really wants a new alchemy spell that gives better returns. Something like this begs a place in any new spellbook.

By the way Sees, you have my support, though I highly doubt an implement will ever arrive.

Now the quest rewards: I think all 3 potions severely kill the Magic Potion (level 76 herblore for naught) and there needs to be something in place to .. reduce ? .. their usefulness.

- The boost given by the potion could immediately drain after a minute (Like after the Phoenix drains your stats, you still have 1 minute to use your godly might)

- Some absurd cost could be in place (like 25K for the 8 point potion, 50K for the 12 point potion. People used to pay 300K for Super Weapon Poison, so why not?)

- A limit on the number of potions that one can purchase per day/week (Problems would arise if people hoarded to sell on GE, I assume you're making them untradeable though)

The stats for the robes could be set for those with levels 30, 50 and 70 in Magic. Unfortunately, the P2P set wouldn't be very useful as long as Ahrim's robes are around, and you can't make a robe set that goes for higher level mages (I mean, this quest would be a snap for P2P)

The dialogue for the quest sounds interesting, I may think about writing it

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Most of these spells are copied from Item specials. There are very few I actually like. I hate edgeville teleport, Ancients, Glory, Fairy Rings. There is plenty of ways to get there. Why not have it to barbarian Village instead? Its F2p and close to edgeville, but would be useful to members as well. I like that one that teleports you up to 20 squares away, but it wouldn't be a good idea. Imagine a guy with a D bow, he fires of the specials fast and teleports away, then switches to mage and hits you hard as you rush towards him and warps away. Then he equips a dds P++ and finishes you off. It would help fight against player jacking though.

Sorry, I'm F2P - so I'm not aware of all the item specials.

If you would kindly tell me which ones are copied, I'll look at changing them.

As per other's responses, I'll change it to barbarian village or the monastary instead. I'm just waiting for more responses before I release another version of the spellbook.

Oh - and its "up to 20 squares" - so nothing is guaranteed, and if you've got all that range equipment on I'd imagine it'd either fail, or you'd teleport 2 spaces away.

Thanks for the response, I'll look into it.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Oh - and its "up to 20 squares" - so nothing is guaranteed, and if you've got all that range equipment on I'd imagine it'd either fail, or you'd teleport 2 spaces away.

Magic bonuses on equipment have no effect on max hit or damage dealt, only accuracy.

6Ij0n.jpg

Boredom + 2000 Adamantite Bars to smith = Quest Dialogue !

Feel free to edit it as you wish.

[hide=Note!]When talking with anyone associated with this quest, there will be two options:

- Talk about [quest name] (Leads to unique dialogue listed here)

- Talk about something else (usual conversation)[/hide]

[hide=Starting the quest with Grayzag]Grayzag: You pesky idiot, meddling with my plans! I would had held sway over that blundering moron Mizgog if not for you!

You: Well, I can't say I'm totally sorry, since I got a fair reward from Wizard Mizgog

Grayzag: A miserable amulet and some petty knowledge? Hah! If only you knew what I could offer you!

Options:

[a] Well it's been un-nice talking to you, as usual

Really? What could you offer me?

[a]You: Well it's been un-nice talking to you, as usual. Goodbye now

Grayzag: Pah!

You: Really? What could you offer me?

Grayzag: Magic.. Power.. beyond your wildest dreams!

You: That sounds like an interesting offer

You: How would I learn about such ma-

Grayzag: You expect me to offer you such knowledge despite your meddling in my affairs?

You: What if I said I was sorry?

Grayzag: It'll take more than that to elicit an offer from me!

You: Maybe if I offered to help you with something?

Grayzag: Hmm, now that you mention it, I could do with some more... reagents

Grayzag: I require the following items: 5 of those special Draynor cabbages, not that miserable Lumbridge mush; 25 of the purest rune essence; 100 runes of death; and 2 magical ales

Grayzag: Do not bring these items to me in the form of banknotes; Do you really expect me to teleport to Draynor to request their services?

You: Well a mage like you cou-

Grayzag: Be on it!

Grayzag: How are you doing finding my reagents?

You: I have [some] of [item]

Grayzag: Excellent, I will have that.

Grayzag: Perfect, that is everything

You: Now, what was this magic you were speaking of?

Grayzag: Power.. beyond your wildest dreams!

You: Yes you said that last time too

Grayzag: What I.. no, we, have been working on, shall grant us immeasurable sway in the magical world.

Options:

[a] So why haven't you unleashed them upon the world yet?

Ooh! Would you mind teaching me a few?

[a]You: So why haven't you unleashed them upon the world yet?

Grayzag: A small issue of total annihilation

You: Of your enemies?

Grayzag: No, ourselves

You: What?!

Grayzag: These spells are dangerous, you should learn not to trifle with them

Grayzag: A few of my associates have had several of their assistants getting...

Grayzag: I can assure you it was nothing nice

You: That sounds nasty

Grayzag: Pah, at least we know now which spells are off limits. We're working hard now to perfect usage of the rest (leads to )

You: Ooh! Would you mind teaching me a few?

Grayzag: Patience is required in this matter. While a mage of your caliber should be able to use the spells, it will take a bit more effort on your behalf to learn their usage

Grayzag: Take this binding, it will hold the information you need to learn these new tricks

*Grayzag hands you what looks like the binding of a book*

You: ...This is empty

Grayzag: An astute observation. You will need to gather information from my associates who have been working on the spells. See them personally, and collect whatever they have to offer

You: Who are these people?

Grayzag: They are Wizard Korvak, Malignus Mortifer, Aggie and Reggie

Options:

- Where can I find them? (Gives details on how to get to each)

[a] I'd best be off then

[a]You: I'd best be off then

Grayzag: Good luck, young conjuror[/hide]

[hide=Wizard Korvak]You: Korvak, I believe you have some information about some new spells Grayzag talked about?

Korvak: Indeed I do, my little pretty princess/prince (whichever you're not)

You: Hey! I'm a man/woman! (whichever you are)

Korvak: Not that it changes anything

You: Whatever. Now, about this information...

Korvak: Yes, let me see if I can offer it to you

Korvak: Wait, the voices in my head are telling me... no

You: Why ever not

Korvak: This is dangerous stuff to deal with. Danger is a no-no.

You: I'm already a fairly accomplished mage, you know

Korvak: What does that make me?

You: *thinks to self: An insane, raving lunatic?*

You: I don't suppose anything could change the voices in your head?

Korvak: Now that you mention it, the voices tell me that a set of Green Runecrafter Robes look incredibly dashing

Options:

[a]Good luck getting a pair

I suppose you want help obtaining a set?

[a]You: Good luck getting a pair

Korvak: Indeed, except Elriss won't let me partake of that fabulous game

You: Your insanity probably confounds the equipment in some way

Korvak: No, it involves a particularly bad mishap at the mind altar

You: Goodbye, Korvak

You: I suppose you want help obtaining a set?

Korvak: No, nothing of the sort!

Korvak: But I don't suppose you happen to have a spare set lying around?

You: What?!

Korvak: But I bet this information would be worth so much more ... what I'd give for one of those pretty staves -

You: I'll be back, before you change your mind

Korvak: Take your time, I'm a potrait of mental stability

Korvak: Ooh, sparklies!

You: Here, I have a set of those green robes for you

Korvak: For me?

You: Yes. I thought you wanted them?

Korvak: No, the voices in my head did

You: *sigh* I don't suppose you have the information I requested?

Korvak: Indeed I do. But first, a small errand

You: What?! Wasn't the first task errand enough?

Korvak: Do I look like a sane, reasonable character?

You: What do you require?

Korvak: I need to make a small delivery to some one called the Wise Old Man. Seeing as I'm not even allowed out of the guild house, you'll have to do this for me

You: Alright then

You: I have a delivery for you

WOM: For me? From whom?

You: Wizard Korvak, from the Runecrafting Guild

WOM: Ah, Korvak. Such a fine lad

WOM: Pity about the "incident"

You: Anyway, as I was saying...

WOM: Yes, let me see that.

WOM: Mmhmm, yes...

WOM: Per request of Wizard Korvak, I need you to play delivery boy again. Here, bring him this note, and that should settle things

You: Gladly will!

You: Korvak, the Wise Old Man asked me to give this to you

Korvak: Bless him. Here we go

Korvak: Ah yes, this is the stuff. Here we go, I won't need this anymore

*Wizard Korvak has given you a Book Page!*

You: Thank you very much

Korvak: Any time m'lady/m'lord

You: I'm.. oh never mind[/hide]

[hide=Malignus Mortifer]You: Malignus, I believe you have some information about some new spells Grayzag talked about?

Malignus: Ah, Grayzag. Ever too willing to let anyone in on something of this proportion.

You: Is that a yes then?

Malignus: Indeed it is. But I shall not grant it to you as of yet

You: Oh, why not?

Malignus: I need some reagents to finish somethings I've been working on. Yes, they are of utmost import

Options:

[a]Good luck with that, then

I suppose you want some help with this?

[a]You: Good luck with that, then

Malignus: Indeed. Good day to you too

You: I suppose you want some help with this?

Malignus: Such would be most appreciated

Malignus: I require the following items: 20 sets of big bones, 3 jugs of Zamorakian wine, 20 cosmic runes, and 20 chaos runes. And please, do not trouble me with those pieces of paper. I don't deal with bankers.

You: I'll be back

You: I brought you some [number] of [item]

Malignus: Thank you very much

Malignus: That is all I need, now I need to trust you with a delivery

You: What now?

Malignus: Take this package to the Wise Old Man. That is all

You: I'll get to it then

You: Malignus Mortifer

WOM: The necromancer? Let me see that

WOM: Alright, [player name]. You will need to take this note to Malignus now. I've inscribed it with magical energy, and you'll need to wear a Lumbridge Explorer's Ring before you can hold onto it.

[if wearing ring]

WOM: Here you go

[if not]

You: I'll be back with one

Malignus: I see you have the delivery, let me see that...

You: Careful with it, the Wise Old Man said it was quite dangerous

Malignus: I realise that, and I was checking to see how it did not manage to harm you

You: Apparently it's thanks to this ring I'm wearing

Malignus: Hmm, I wonder

Malignus: I am sorry, [player name], but I have another request to make of you. I would like that ring you are wearing, to conduct some.. experiments

Options:

[a]Sorry, I quite like it on my finger

Well I suppose you may have it

[a]You: Sorry, I quite like it on my finger

Malignus: That is a pity. I should have to hold onto this page first, until you are willing to part with it, as I am this page

You: Well I suppose you may have it

Malignus: Excellent, go on and have this page now

*Malignus Mortifer has given you a Book Page!*

Malignus: No.. thank you.[/hide]

[hide=Aggie]You: Aggie, I believe you have some information about some new spells Grayzag talked about?

Aggie: Oh, there's a wizard who's sticking his thumb into quite a pie

You: Well, may I have this information?

Aggie: I'm afraid I gave this valuable page to a fellow witch, who is looking into its writings as we speak

You: Who was it?

Aggie: Oh, I believe it was Hetty in Rimmington

You: Thank you, I'll look into it

You: Hetty, I believe you have a particular magical page which Aggie gave to you?

Hetty: Indeed I know of the page you talk of, but I have finished with it, and per her request have sent it to Betty in Port Sarim

You: I'll look into that then. Thank you, Hetty

You: Betty, I believe you have a particular magical page which Hetty sent to you?

Betty: Nothing of the sort, my adventuring friend

You: Huh?

Betty: Hetty has yet to send me the page, I myself am looking quite forward to reading it. I suggest you go back to Hetty to clear things up; she's getting up in the years and forgetting things these days

You: I will. Thank you, Betty

You: Hetty, Betty says she has not received your page yet

Hetty: Ooh, that is quite a problem

You: How so?

Hetty: Surely you have heard of Melzar the Mad?

You: I've beaten him up a few times, so yes

Hetty: Ah, he's a mighty fine wizard, only problem is that he went insane from a small matter.. It is likely that he intercepted the page, sensing the inherent power it holds

Options:

[a]Yuck, I don't really feel like seeing that mad wizard again

Is there anything we can do about it?

[a]You: Yuck, I don't really feel like seeing that mad wizard again

Hetty: Then I am afraid we shall not see that page again soon. Talk to me again when you do, [player name]

You: Is there anything we can do about it?

Hetty: Only one thing

*Hetty hands you a shining silver key. It looks awfully familiar*

Hetty: I'm afraid you'll have to face him and retrieve the page

You: That shouldn't be a problem

Hetty: Well, with the greater power he now wields with that page, I might say that he could well be a match for you

You: Oh great. What should I do?

Hetty: Seeing as you are a fairly versed adventurer, I'd say you should be able to take him on. A word of caution, though - I'd strongly advise you to bring some magical spells of your own to fight him with. His powers now could severely damage your other battle skills, along with pretty much all your other abilities

You: I see. Thank you, Hetty

[upon entering maze]

Melzar: Hahaha! Foolish adventurer, this maze shall be your grave!

*You feel severely weakened, as if all your skills are draining to nothing*

[Defeat Melzar]

You: This must be the page Hetty spoke of

You: It's in some odd language, I can't understand a thing!

[Return to Hetty]

You: Hetty, I have the page, but it is in some strange writing!

Hetty: Yes it is, that is why I require a small favour from you

You: What is it?

Hetty: Bring this package to the Wise Old Man, and I will gladly decode this for you

You: I'll be on it

You: Hetty, the witch from Rimmington

WOM: Oh, her. I suppose I should see the goods

WOM: Alright, thank you very much. Bring this note back to Hetty and it should be sorted out

You: Excellent

You: Hetty, the Wise Old Man told me to give this to you

Hetty: Thank you for your efforts, [player name]. Here, I can now decode your precious page

*Hetty has given you a Book Page!*

Hetty: No problem, dearie[/hide]

[hide=Reggie]You: Reggie, I believe you have some information about some new spells Grayzag talked about?

Reggie: Ah yes, the rogue wizard Grayzag... and I do possess this knowledge. What do you require?

You: I was hoping I'd be able to obtain the information from you

Reggie: Such information holds great power, and only should belong to those who truly realise how dear it is. I am sorry, [player name], but I cannot part with this valuable parchment, unless Fiara grants you permission to it

You: You mean the earwig?

Reggie: Indeed, the servant of Guthix. Now go, I have things to attend to

You: Fiara, do you know about Reggie's page?

Fiara: (Yes I do, [player name], and he has sworn on me not to part with it, until a deserving adventurer gains my permission)

You: How would I go about obtaining your permission?

Fiara: (Indeed, you do not waste time at all. I shall give you my blessings, only once you have shown dedication in this arena)

[a]Running around with a stupid stone? No thank you!

How can I show this?

[a]You: Running around with a stupid stone? No thank you!

Fiara: (I cannot be swayed so easily, mortal. Speak to me again when you change your mind)

You: How can I show this?

Fiara: (The druids delight in your combat and survival prowess in the arena. I will have to set an arbitrary goal which they will understand)

Fiara: (You have a choice; Either obtain 400 of their "tokens", or be rated with their "score" of 3000 or above. Only then will I recognise you as a friend to the followers of Guthix.)

Fiara: (Talk to me when you meet any of these challenges)

You: I will begin this undertaking, then

You: I have succeeded in your challenges, and let me tell you, they weren't easy

Fiara: (Indeed, human. You have earned my trust, and my permission. Tell Reggie, and he will supply you with the information you need)

You: Thank you, Fiara

You: Reggie, I have earned the permission of Fiara

Reggie: Really? Well, I suppose you'll be ready to take on another small errand

You: Ugh, what now

Reggie: I need you to bring this to that old man in Draynor. You know, the Wise Old Man

You: I'll get to it

You: From Reggie, one of those druids in the Wilderness

WOM: Reggie you say. Let me see what he has

WOM: Ah, this is fine indeed. This is what you will need; bring it back to Reggie

You: Reggie, the Wise Old Man told me to give this to you

Reggie: Ah, that shall settle this. I have stashed the page away in a safe place; You'll find it in the waiting room for the arena

[After searching through the training equipment in the waiting room]

*You have found Reggie's Book Page!*[/hide]

[hide=Reading the spellbook][Assembling the book]

*You put the pages into the binding, now you need to bind the book with some thread*

*You use your crafting skill and some thread to bind the book pages with the binding*

[Reading the book]

You: Ah, now we shall see what knowledge this tome holds

*You read the tome*

You: None of this makes sense to me at all... I think I need the help of someone with more magical education

You: Hetty could decode the page after I gave her that note from the Wise Old Man; perhaps I need to seek his help with this[/hide]

[hide=Wise Old Man]You: Hello there!

WOM: Well, [player name], I see you have completed your new spellbook!

You: Yes, but I've tried reading it, and none of it seems to make sense to me. I need your deeper understanding to help me with this

WOM: That is not a problem. To thank you for all your help, let me translate this into a more understandable text

*The Wise Old Man starts writing onto a parchment. He slips this into the book*

WOM: That should help you

You: Thank you very much!

*You read the book with the Wise Old Man's helpful note*

*You feel an arcane wisdom filling your mind*

WOM: That should do it, you have unlocked what we scholars in magic call the Contemporary Spellbook. I'll be taking that book from you now, this knowledge must be returned to those who have worked hard on it

You: Uhm, I have a small problem

WOM: Oh, what is it?

You: When bargaining with Malignus for his page, I gave away my Explorer's Ring to him...

WOM: You should learn to better value your possessions. Ned is unlikely to give you another one

WOM: At least, not without some "convincing"

You: How would I got about that?

WOM: This new spellbook should help; a well-aimed spell of Impairment should mess with his head enough to sort you out another ring

You: Ah, good to know

WOM: Thank you again for your help with this spellbook. Talk to me again, should you need to swap back to your Modern Magic spellbook for whatever reason, or if you need to read the book again

Quest Complete![/hide]

Enjoy ;)

6Ij0n.jpg

Good topic, i support, but nearly ALL of the spells seem bit overpowered. Keep it in balance with other spellbooks, and add some p2p tele spots, you only have f2p and the tele anywhere now. :thumbsup: nice job, and decrease those mage pots :shame:

nice dialogues dude :D

Dude-ette ;) Or whatever. Thanks, and hope Sees finds it okay

I absolutely LOVE them! Thank you for your effort! I'll update it once I get done with class today.

THANKS A MILLION!

-sees

♪♪ And I'm not done

To 3hit: It would be imposable to have a level 1 def req, as the quest requires d slayer to be done. D slayer gives def xp ;)

Ot: I like the apparate spells, they sound like a nice ability. Glad they have the 30 min time limmit though, otherwise they would make doing clues way to easy. You should also put a limmit on them simular to all the other telliports, not being able to telliport in/out of lv 20 wild or higher. Super apparate could have a limmit simular to jewl telliports, 30 or lower ::'

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

I've updated the OP to include a forward, talking about the purpose of this idea.

I've also updated the OP to include Saradomin_Mage's quest dialogue - I cannot express my gratitude for this significant amount of effort put forth into something I'd never be able to do.

The last thing I've done is include the 5 new staffs and the new potions, their costs, and their effects. These price of the staff versus the effect, IMHO are pretty balanced, but I'm sure others may have ideas. I'm still very open to suggestions.

Things to modify on the spellbook:

-Change the Edgeville Teleport spell to Monastary Teleport, and add a prayer requirement of 31 - this will teleport you directly to the altar.

-Change Debase to F2P, and decrease run energy by 50 points, decrease agility by 1/2, can only be cast on a player once per 10 minutes.

-Add teleport spells to different places in the P2P world --- Once again, I need suggestions for this one. I think 2 different places would be appropriate, and they have to be fairly unique.

Keep the suggestions and feedback coming,

-sees

♪♪ And I'm not done

I never said i was ok with Heal Other. I just said that the fact of people doing it all the time does not justify this doing. So both should be removed.

And I did not say that it can only be used while mining rune. How did you get that assumption? While mining gold, I take at least an hour for a full inventory at Al kharid mine. I'm sure other kinds of mining like mithril to adamantite will not need you to be in the wildy.

-Mind Staff (F2P, mage lvl 50)- provides mind runes required to cast spells, has a 5% chance of casting a random STRIKE spell while in combat IN ADDITION to PULSE spells. Costs 50k, degrades after 5k minds used, costs 20k to repair

Mind Runes for 4gp apiece after repairs - I'd suggest something a *bit* closer to their current price of 9gp. However, I'm mostly fine with this

-Elemental Staff (F2P, mage lvl 60)- provides whichever type of secondary rune, and has a 5% chance of providing the tertiary rune (provided that there is one). Costs 100k, does not degrade.

Some of your secondary runes are Cosmics, Chaos and Bloods. I think this either needs a degrade (after maybe 500 casts?) or a much steeper cost. It halves the cost of Disport, and look what it does to Awareness. :ohnoes:

-Chaos Staff (F2P, mage lvl 70)- provides chaos runes required to cast spells, has a 5% chance of casting a random BOLT spell while in combat IN ADDITION to PULSE spells. Costs 500k, degrades after 5k chaos used, costs 200k to repair.

The initial cost is 100 per chaos and 40 each on repair - way too low, when the rune is almost max on the market (138). Change cost to maybe an initial 750K, and repairs for 500K?

-Nature Staff (P2P, mage lvl 80)- provides 50% (rounds up, always) of the nature runes required to cast a spell. Costs 1000k, does not degrade.

Rounds up is very iffy with me - changes the cost of High Alchemy from 225 to 45. This translates to the staff paying for itself after you've casted 5.6K alchemy spells - and by the way, that amount doesn't even reach 400K XP. I'd suggest a steeper price as usual (2500K? 5000K?) or a degrade

-Death Staff (P2P, mage lvl 85)- provides death runes required to cast spells, has a 5% chance of casting a random BLAST spell while in combat IN ADDITION to PULSE spells. Costs 2000k, degrades after 5k deaths used, costs 800k to repair.

Repair cost to 1200K or something and I'm good

I've never really liked the thought of free missile runes anyway actually :lol:

6Ij0n.jpg

-Mind Staff (F2P, mage lvl 50)- provides mind runes required to cast spells, has a 5% chance of casting a random STRIKE spell while in combat IN ADDITION to PULSE spells. Costs 50k, degrades after 5k minds used, costs 20k to repair

Mind Runes for 4gp apiece after repairs - I'd suggest something a *bit* closer to their current price of 9gp. However, I'm mostly fine with this

Staffs of Air makes air runes free, and airs cost more than mind runes right now.

I don't think people would pay for the ability of cheaper mind runes, rather they'd pay for the staff's stats (which are TBD - but it'll be better than what F2P has now)

-Elemental Staff (F2P, mage lvl 60)- provides whichever type of secondary rune, and has a 5% chance of providing the tertiary rune (provided that there is one). Costs 100k, does not degrade.

Some of your secondary runes are Cosmics, Chaos and Bloods. I think this either needs a degrade (after maybe 500 casts?) or a much steeper cost. It halves the cost of Disport, and look what it does to Awareness. :ohnoes:

Thanks for catching that - I'll change it to "provides whatever (air, water, earth, fire) runes needed to cast a spell". I don't plan on making this degrade - but its stats will be the same as the staffs F2P has now.

-Chaos Staff (F2P, mage lvl 70)- provides chaos runes required to cast spells, has a 5% chance of casting a random BOLT spell while in combat IN ADDITION to PULSE spells. Costs 500k, degrades after 5k chaos used, costs 200k to repair.

The initial cost is 100 per chaos and 40 each on repair - way too low, when the rune is almost max on the market (138). Change cost to maybe an initial 750K, and repairs for 500K?

I'll change initial to 750k (150 per chaos) and repairs to 400k (80 per chaos). There is still much risk involved in having one staff worth over 400k.

-Nature Staff (P2P, mage lvl 80)- provides 50% (rounds up, always) of the nature runes required to cast a spell. Costs 1000k, does not degrade.

Rounds up is very iffy with me - changes the cost of High Alchemy from 225 to 45. This translates to the staff paying for itself after you've casted 5.6K alchemy spells - and by the way, that amount doesn't even reach 400K XP. I'd suggest a steeper price as usual (2500K? 5000K?) or a degrade

Sorry, you misunderstood what I wrote (means I have to write more clearly).

Rounds up meaning that High Alchs still require 1 nature rune. The intent of this was to half the amount needed for bind, snare, entangle, thicken skin, sheath, super alchemy, etc.

I think I'll double the price (it is P2P only :P), and make it have cruddy stats.

-Death Staff (P2P, mage lvl 85)- provides death runes required to cast spells, has a 5% chance of casting a random BLAST spell while in combat IN ADDITION to PULSE spells. Costs 2000k, degrades after 5k deaths used, costs 800k to repair.

Repair cost to 1200K or something and I'm good

I've never really liked the thought of free missile runes anyway actually :lol:

So I'll change repair costs to 60% instead of 40% for all of them? I'll also work on stats and pictures of each, and reword / reprice what I've said above.

♪♪ And I'm not done

I never said i was ok with Heal Other. I just said that the fact of people doing it all the time does not justify this doing. So both should be removed.

And I did not say that it can only be used while mining rune. How did you get that assumption? While mining gold, I take at least an hour for a full inventory at Al kharid mine. I'm sure other kinds of mining like mithril to adamantite will not need you to be in the wildy.

The intent of that 30 minute delay is to stop people from using it to do, say rune running, or whatever there might be. It might take you an hour to mine a full load of gold, but I don't see that as a problem if you use apparate.

♪♪ And I'm not done

add me to that support list. FTP, and mage in general, is severely underpowered. The only concern i have is that the high level ftp mage is still underpowered. I believe that maybe it could use some spells that could hit 30 and under in the 70 - 99 range, and maybe it should have one or two more ftp skill spells than p2p.

else;

SUPPORT!!!

MIDNSUN183.png

Mind Staff Maybe. No Nature/Chaos/Death/Whatever.

I saw another thread for the large Myrajjat (I know I spelled that wrong) base, and it had the chaos, death, and blood staves coming in the hundred and some million apiece. That is appropriate for how much those staves can do.

Also overall, the spellbook is a bit overpowered. Specifying teleport is just too good. And the bonuses to superheat and high alchemy would make prices of all ores, bars, and alchables go crazy.

Picture3-1-1-1.jpg

Thanks for catching that - I'll change it to "provides whatever (air, water, earth, fire) runes needed to cast a spell". I don't plan on making this degrade - but its stats will be the same as the staffs F2P has now.

Here we go. One down.

csbelemstaff.png

Or, you could actually tell me beforehand a little what you want them to look like, before I rush onto these things :lol:

I'm putting the missile rune and nature staves on hold, because those seem a bit too good, like the poster above said.

6Ij0n.jpg

This has come a long way since I first read it.

Other than the nature staff (what about superheat Item?) I think it's getting there

I really think you should just get rid of the nature staff. Every other staff gives an unlimited amount of that type of rune. The nature staff will not work. Other than that I'm glad to see an idea for a new spellbook that is, how should I say it... good. I strongly suggest you put this on rsof if you haven't already so that Jagex can see it. Other than that,

I support

I've updated the spellbook to reflect the two suggestions, and changed the "E" icon to "M".

I've also provided stats and names to the different robes and sets - these are in no way final. I would appreciate input on these stats, because (once again) I'm sort of overstepping into territory I don't know.

Mod means "Modern", if anyone can think of a better word, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I'm still looking for 3-4 teleports for members only. As always, all ideas are welcome.

If anyone wishes to design the equipment, that would be appreciated as well (I'll start sketching a few of my own ideas, but I'll give credit to whoever gives input).

Last thing before I get some sleep - I do not feel that this is in the shape I'd like it to be to post on the RSOF, but once I finalize the things the WOM sells, the prices and effects, I'll give permission for the RSOF (I can't post it myself, until Jagex lets F2Pers on).

Thanks for the support!

♪♪ And I'm not done

lvl 63 - blaze runes: 10 fire...

this spell doesn't have a catalyst.. and you would be able to use a fire staff and thus is way overpowered.. it takes about 300-500k to get 99 fm with maple so thats 1.5m for a 99 in 3 days? the only thing that makes fm worthwhile is the time that you must put in it. if it also took like three other runes(i suggest cosmic) and then if it would work like a firemake-x with 3/4 of the normal exp it would better balanced.

also, the remore bless spell should be at least 70 prayer, seeing that is the requirment to bless graves. althought i would make it higher 75 or maybe 80

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm