Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
sees_all1

The Contemporary Spellbook

maybe you can give it an innaccurate but strong range attk that drains stats in this order prayer defense magic ranged strength and attk mabye max 17

Are you talking about the new monster?

I'm considering changing the melee attack's maximum, but I don't want to give it the whole triangle. It should be difficult but not impossible.

no just to weed out the mage PURES so y dont you make it innacurate so it will only hit people with low defense

The game haha you lose

maybe you can give it an innaccurate but strong range attk that drains stats in this order prayer defense magic ranged strength and attk mabye max 17

Are you talking about the new monster?

I'm considering changing the melee attack's maximum, but I don't want to give it the whole triangle. It should be difficult but not impossible.

no just to weed out the mage PURES so y dont you make it innacurate so it will only hit people with low defense

I think there are few mage pures in the game; most are tanks. Even if there were mage pures, they would still have a great deal of difficulty meeting the 750 non magic/hp skill total minimum, seeing as they wouldn't have atk, str, or range to take up a good portion.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I think I've ran across this thread before on RSOF. :lol:

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I support this. I really hope Jagex puts this into consideration.

(ps, for the support list, put my name as Mat Dog89)

thpikachu.gif

archsupportei2.png

Sorry I've been away for a bit - I've been busy.

I've taken out a lot of the spacing the forum changeover put in, if there is something you don't particularly like please tell me, and I'll get on changing it.

I'll try to keep it updated better.

@mattr - thanks for the support, I'll get to adding you right now.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Sounds pretty epic, would definitely make Mage a real skill again!

TANSTAAFL

It's obvious that you REALLY want the f2p spellbook to be improved and I feel you there. With the new surge spells, it widens the gap even more. Check this out

http://forum.tip.it/topic/251136-surge-spells-what-about-f2p/

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into this, Sees.

I love the idea of a new spellbook for F2P. Sometimes, the standard one isn't enough, and we need something extra for those who deserved it.

This is a nice, original way to get some people to enjoy a few minigames and explore the realm. Amazing quest plot too, I've read it and loved it ^^.

I've also noticed that F2P Magic hits badly.

Through personal experience, I find that I would be lucky to even hit 11 with Fire Blast, so for those who complain about it being overpowered, think again.

I'd just like to say that I cannot find this on the RSOF - I've searched up Sees All1, I've searched "Contemporary Spellbook" in the Search Threads and put in the QFC but I'm still unable to locate it. Halp plawks?

Total support.

Generia.png

Well Sage armour is a bit to good since ahrims armour gives lower bonuses and is alot more gold than these sets, and also ahrims being degradable it means that these have a HUGE advantage to ahrim robes and if this armour were to be made, it qould make ahrims fall in price dramatically! meaning barrows becombing a less profitable minigame, then things like slayer dart casts and black salamanders will also go up affecting people training hunter meaning it would be hard to sell red/black salamanders (TBH not may people do black sallys =P)

And also in the quest desert treasure, which is so much more harder than this quest sounds and ancient magiks is no where near as good as some of these spells, as well as all Desert Treasure spells needing high levels to be effective with!

Making lower lved magers that have done the quest better than lv 90+ magers that use ice barrage/ice blitz ect ect.

A big NO from me :shame:

This was written by RSN: Puke-A-Thons :twss:

"I dont play RuneScape Much!"
"XXpkerXX used fire surge with fire cape against wild IceWorm!" "Its super effective!"
Barrows Items from barrows- 4*Torag Hammers 2* verac flails 1*ahrim skirt 3*ahrim staffs.

I support 100%!

Posted by Wugmaster Vincent Xxalius

final.gif

You have to take off everything except your gloves and boots. WTF JAGEX? :thumbdown:

Don't forget about the ring, you can keep that one to :)

And your necklace. :grin:

And quiver! This is fun :P!

i support 100 braxzolzfoxgfkdogkillion percent because i cant be asked to do a boring quest for new book like ancients/lunar but

this sounds fun to get and use! the only thing i dont agree with is cement.. what happens if people freeze something like zanik when shes following you, while you are

on an unusual or hard to reach spot and she cant get down?

I support this. f2p mages need to teach the over powered rangers and fighters in f2p a lesson.

uff2.jpg

I support this. f2p mages need to teach the over powered rangers and fighters in f2p a lesson.

Rangers and melee-ers aren't overpowered, mages are underpowered...-.-

And also in the quest desert treasure, which is so much more harder than this quest sounds and ancient magiks is no where near as good as some of these spells, as well as all Desert Treasure spells needing high levels to be effective with!

Making lower lved magers that have done the quest better than lv 90+ magers that use ice barrage/ice blitz ect ect.

What a load of [cabbage].

Ancient Magick spells require high level magic to use effectively. Don't these spells also require high-level magic to use effectively? The lower-level pulse spells just can't compare to the ancient magick spells, and the higher level spells like cement and such would fail frequently unless you have high-level magic. I fail to see how low leveled mages can be better than high level mages.

Now, you may have mentioned this, but I was skimming so sorry if the answer to this is really obvious...

How would you choose where to teleport to when you use Apparate?

I hugely support, I love this idea! Its an amazing idea! (props!)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Now, you may have mentioned this, but I was skimming so sorry if the answer to this is really obvious...

How would you choose where to teleport to when you use Apparate?

I hugely support, I love this idea! Its an amazing idea! (props!)

the minimap appears, scaled back to like 12%, so its difficult to get a good resolution.

♪♪ And I'm not done

My only question is that if it is supposed to be a F2P Spellbook why are there many P2P elements in it?

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

My only question is that if it is supposed to be a F2P Spellbook why are there many P2P elements in it?

Its a F2P spellbook in the way that the modern spellbook is a F2P spellbook, or that the rewards from FoG/GOP are F2P.

If it only had F2P stuff, then it would likely benefit members very very little, or be crazy overpowered for F2P, which means that its that much less likely to be developed.

♪♪ And I'm not done

I realy like the idea!

Specially the Teleports, al kharid and draynor =).

But I don't think jagex will let F2P tele to karamja.

The price of lobsters would drop and stuff like that..

Tough, I support alot!!!

fsmbanner1.jpg

Pirates are the original Pastafarians!

looks good, i'll support, you should add a max hit for this.

RETIRED

You want F2P mage to be fixed? Here's a few ways it could be without adding a bunch of lame spells.

Casting time changeability: Be able to switch between chargeup spell (does 20-30% more damage) or quick-cast (20-30% faster casting)

Just making spells overall cast faster.

Lower some spell's maxes and then make a new rune, OR increase all spell's maxes so that 1 spell higher doesnt add just +1 damage

Release mystic OR splitbark gear to F2P

Release wave spells to F2P

Most can be done, should be done, but probably won't be done. Because Jafex is Jafex.

553VriC.png?1

You want F2P mage to be fixed? Here's a few ways it could be without adding a bunch of lame spells.

Casting time changeability: Be able to switch between chargeup spell (does 20-30% more damage) or quick-cast (20-30% faster casting)

Just making spells overall cast faster.

Lower some spell's maxes and then make a new rune, OR increase all spell's maxes so that 1 spell higher doesnt add just +1 damage

Release mystic OR splitbark gear to F2P

Release wave spells to F2P

Most can be done, should be done, but probably won't be done. Because Jafex is Jafex.

Could you please give more constructive criticism? Which spells are lame? Did you notice there was a quest involved? New potions? New armour? New monsters? Any feedback on those?

The "quick fixes" that you've posted have been discussed and debated over and over. The conclusion that I came to was that making blood runes F2P would shake things up too much. I also know that Jagex would rather create new content then recycle old (from a JMod Q&A session recently)

By the way, I've taken a painstaking amount of time writing this, modifying it, discussing it. In case you didn't notice, this is one of the older threads that's still on the first page of Bugs and Suggestions. It also has a crazy number of supporters, posts, and views. I think that means there's something good about my idea.

♪♪ And I'm not done