The Great Ring Of Wealth Experiment(Method updated[Step3&4])

K112

The test seems like a nice way to say haha your all wrong to all the nonbelievers.

Jagex is not going to lie to us about something that insignificant. The increase is small but it helps in the long run.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've killed 50 Wraiths so far, and from the accounts of others I think I'll suppose Do another 50 with the wealth, and stop recording.

I'll be doing the value calculations whilst afking the wraith.

EDIT: Never mind, I'll do it when I'm done

EDIT:I'm stopping my recording. 10 kills in, my verdict is-It works.

'nuff said.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

Interesting idea, however slightly useless in my opinion.

Your roulette wheel statement:

Imagine every monster has two roulette wheels of all their drops, with the rarer drops being on that second wheel.

Now, when you kill the monster, the first wheel spins, and if your lucky, on that wheel there is a slot to spin the secoond wheel and get a "Rare" drop.

Wearign the ring of wealth increases the chance of getting the chance to spin the second wheel.

Close but wrong. You stated the ring increases the chance of getting to spin the 2nd wheel, which it does not. The first wheel always remains constant, however if you do hit the "rare" slot on it, it will spin the 2nd wheel. The ring affects your drops off the 2nd wheel, making the less common items on that wheel apear slightly more often.

So getting tallys of normal drops doesn't mean anything.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Exactly, and even then, you have no idea which items Jagex has placed on the "rare wheel", and which items on that wheel the ring actually affects. Even if you did know which items were on the rare wheel, price checking those items still wouldn't prove anything, because the price of an item doesn't always have to do with how rare of a drop it is from a certain monster.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

I got a 1k Water Elemental kill-log on my laptop (can't upload it right now tough)

Interested?

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Exactly, and even then, you have no idea which items Jagex has placed on the "rare wheel", and which items on that wheel the ring actually affects. Even if you did know which items were on the rare wheel, price checking those items still wouldn't prove anything, because the price of an item doesn't always have to do with how rare of a drop it is from a certain monster.

So true. plus, ever considered that the value of items is constantly changing? Makes for even more variables in your method.

Best way to do this would be focusing on one monster I guess (avansies were suggested), and see the difference on the long run, say 10k's of kills with and without RoW.

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

I got a 1k Water Elemental kill-log on my laptop (can't upload it right now tough)

Interested?

why'd you kill 1k water elementals?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I have always wondered how true the wealth is.....I have done some small avainsie comparisons recently and found that without the ring of wealth, you gain more adamant bars. I suggest on aviansies not to use a wealth as adament bars are not a rare drop, so wearing it will only increase the chances of a rune limb or dagger drop. I am willing to do official data collection if you want. Any suggested monster?

thurdinatorio4.png

thurdinatorzk9.png

16x Black mask

1x Dragon Chainbody

1x Dragonic Visage

32x Dragon Boots

Obsidian Drops:-13 x Cape/ 6 x Shield/ 6 x Maul/ 750+ Onyx Tips

so by the way this test is explained...if i killed say...dust devils. on the ROW test i get sweet [bleep] all. then i do 100 more with out, and i get a dragon chain, what that? -.-

100 is just too small of a number, and its all too esasy for a freak of nature drop to change the results entirely. youd need to get each person to do thousands with and thousands without, in order to get reliable data. even then, the more youkill the greater chance of a massive discrepency in the value, even if its not due to the row.

and news flash, a drops rarity isnt decided by its ge value. example, silver ore is atleast 15x rarer than a whip at abyssal demons. ive only had a sivler ore drop once. obviously much rarer, but alot cheaper. same with dragon stone at sara godwars; 3 of them, and ive had a dozen hilts. your basis of something being rarer because it costs more in itself is the flaw in this

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I cannot prove this but my cousin was slaying Gargoyles and didn't use a RoW & never once got a Granite Maul, however when he did purchase one he got given more Gargoyles an had 3 Granite Mauls in one task.

It could be just coinsidence, but thought it'd be interesting to add. :)

libertherme.png

Your system doesn't really make sense. The "total wealth gained" might not be the best way to approach this. Maybe you could look at that data in addition, but I think the best thing to do would be to have an actual tally of drop percentages with the RoW and without the RoW. For example:

Monster A without RoW:

28 herbs

17 mith scimitars

8 fire rune drops

7 rune chains

2 rune scimitars

Monster A with RoW:

19 herbs

12 mith scimitars

11 fire rune drops

9 rune chains

3 rune scims

Get my drift? Then we can make an actual estimate at the percentages and how they change from RoW to no RoW. I also think that 100 monsters sounds like a good enough number to me. The point is to get 100s of submissions each with 100 drops and I think that if we could get a few people working at this, we would start to see a fairly accurate pattern. Plus, 100 monsters is not that many and will encourage average people to actually help gather info. Definitely wait awhile before coming to any conclusions though.

This topic comes up every now and then, and we all dismiss it as something that we will simply never know. But...honestly, this time it doesn't seem like such a bad idea. As long as you are able to keep the thread up to date. ::' ;) I'll probably work on submitting some data soon.

this is it. Total wealth is a bad parameter. Dragon spears for instance are very rare, but worth nearly nothing. Same goes for left half.

Trying to answer as many as possible here:

This is the third or fourth thread I've seen in my four years of playing, with the exact same concept and plan.

Correct.

Probably, i know i won't be the only one doing something like this, but i'm very interested in statistics and what not, so i think i can do a better than average job :thumbup:

so by the way this test is explained...if i killed say...dust devils. on the ROW test i get sweet [bleep] all. then i do 100 more with out, and i get a dragon chain, what that? -.-

Unfortunatly, that is regarded as an anomalae, it IS very annoying, but at the end of the day, you have a dragon chain :D

EDIT: See last answer and updated method, it should answer your question better.

I left my first asnwer in for funzies 8-)

and news flash, a drops rarity isnt decided by its ge value. example, silver ore is atleast 15x rarer than a whip at abyssal demons. ive only had a sivler ore drop once. obviously much rarer, but alot cheaper. same with dragon stone at sara godwars; 3 of them, and ive had a dozen hilts. your basis of something being rarer because it costs more in itself is the flaw in this

Very true; but the PC system was what i thought the best conclusion, as it is easy and reliable (ish)[/hide]

Yes, it is a bit small, but I wanted a number that could be used by the average player, killing say on a slayer task. Thats why im looking for a large salmple size, they should cancel each other out.

Again, true, this is a flaw in my logic. Any better ideas are very welcolme

I did contemplate this, but i think the PC system is better on average.

Your system doesn't really make sense. The "total wealth gained" might not be the best way to approach this. Maybe you could look at that data in addition, but I think the best thing to do would be to have an actual tally of drop percentages with the RoW and without the RoW. For example:

Monster A without RoW:

28 herbs

17 mith scimitars

8 fire rune drops

7 rune chains

2 rune scimitars

Monster A with RoW:

19 herbs

12 mith scimitars

11 fire rune drops

9 rune chains

3 rune scims

Get my drift? Then we can make an actual estimate at the percentages and how they change from RoW to no RoW. I also think that 100 monsters sounds like a good enough number to me. The point is to get 100s of submissions each with 100 drops and I think that if we could get a few people working at this, we would start to see a fairly accurate pattern. Plus, 100 monsters is not that many and will encourage average people to actually help gather info. Definitely wait awhile before coming to any conclusions though.

This topic comes up every now and then, and we all dismiss it as something that we will simply never know. But...honestly, this time it doesn't seem like such a bad idea. As long as you are able to keep the thread up to date. ::' ;) I'll probably work on submitting some data soon.

this is it. Total wealth is a bad parameter. Dragon spears for instance are very rare, but worth nearly nothing. Same goes for left half.

Fair enough, but this is a lot more effort for the player.

I'll update my original post now.

2v8sgvs.png

Someone has already said this but being that we dont know what item/items are on the second wheel(the rare items) there is no way to test this out. Also common drops from some NPCs(monsters) are worth more then their rare drops. So price checking isnt helping conclude anything. I think the best way to do this is pick a NPC thats been around a while and we know all of its drops and then we all kill that same NPC and log the drops and then Magicmanmax can tally up the percentages and the differences in drops with and without ROW. This should get the kills into the 1000s wich is what we need.

Someone has already said this but being that we dont know what item/items are on the second wheel(the rare items) there is no way to test this out. Also common drops from some NPCs(monsters) are worth more then their rare drops. So price checking isnt helping conclude anything. I think the best way to do this is pick a NPC thats been around a while and we know all of its drops and then we all kill that same NPC and log the drops and then Magicmanmax can tally up the percentages and the differences in drops with and without ROW. This should get the kills into the 1000s wich is what we need.

This was in fact, my original idea, but I felt that as it would all be one monster, it may be difficult to find people to take part.

After being shown that the PC idea wasnt the best, I have replaced it with the drop tally method, this won't giev me the same result, but it will give you as a player an idea of what to expect when using/not using the ring.

2v8sgvs.png

Good luck with this really massive task. It will be interesting to see the results, even though I will probably keep my ROW whatever they show up to be.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I like the idea, but the data is going to be very inaccurate.

For example if an item is a 1 in 1000 chance of getting dropped and say a 1 in 900 chance with the RoW, 100 kills won't really be any good.

The items aren't valued on market price they will be valued on various variables drop rate, rarity rating and alch value (if not a few more). The PC thing seems completely irrelevant.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

also the row is a bit annoying in some ways. It gives you more items of higher ge value

this means at avvys your addy bar drop rate will be lowered because of an increase in rune drops (which are lower because of 4 addy bars)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

There is data in Zarfot's slayer guide that shows that the ROW increases the chances of getting a Whip by an almost statsically insignificant amount, and actually reduces the chances of getting a mid level Dragon Drop to almost zero. There were a total of about 14,000 kills, 7,000 with ROW, 7,000 without.

THIS IS NOT ZARFOT'S OWN INTERPRETATION OF HIS RESULTS. THIS IS MY INTERPRETATION OF THE NUMBERS I SAW. IN HIS GUIDE, HE CONSIDERS THE NUMBER OF KILLS YOU SAVE TO BE WORTH IT, AND NOTES THAT THIS WAS ONLY ONE TRAIL.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Alls I know is the ring of wealth probably isn't beneficial at God Wars. Reasons being:

- Hilts and secondary drops (bandos armour, sara sword, etc) probably aren't even on the 'rare wheel' (hilts may be but I'm fairly certain row doesn't affect drop rate of the secondary drops).

- Lootshare negates the ring of wealth regardless.

I have about 1200 Commander Zilyana kills logged, but unfortunately I didn't note what ring I was using (alternated between row and archers). Of the 4 hilts and 12 swords I got, I know the hilts were split evenly for each ring, but not sure about the swords...was either 6 and 6 or 5 and 7, but it was fairly even as well.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I like the idea, but the data is going to be very inaccurate.

For example if an item is a 1 in 1000 chance of getting dropped and say a 1 in 900 chance with the RoW, 100 kills won't really be any good.

The items aren't valued on market price they will be valued on various variables drop rate, rarity rating and alch value (if not a few more). The PC thing seems completely irrelevant.

I have said, 100monsters is to keep it feasable to the everyday player.

Thats why im using a large salmple size.

As to the PC thing, i've chaged my method completely, working out differential pecentage chages based on an overall fixation between the two variables (RoW or no RoW)

[hide=TheDayRsDied]

There is data in Zarfot's slayer guide that shows that the ROW increases the chances of getting a Whip by an almost statsically insignificant amount, and actually reduces the chances of getting a mid level Dragon Drop to almost zero. There were a total of about 14,000 kills, 7,000 with ROW, 7,000 without.

THIS IS NOT ZARFOT'S OWN INTERPRETATION OF HIS RESULTS. THIS IS MY INTERPRETATION OF THE NUMBERS I SAW. IN HIS GUIDE, HE CONSIDERS THE NUMBER OF KILLS YOU SAVE TO BE WORTH IT, AND NOTES THAT THIS WAS ONLY ONE TRAIL.

[/hide]

K.

Thats one monster, there are plenty of others around.

[hide=Madmanpur3]

Alls I know is the ring of wealth probably isn't beneficial at God Wars. Reasons being:

- Hilts and secondary drops (bandos armour, sara sword, etc) probably aren't even on the 'rare wheel' (hilts may be but I'm fairly certain row doesn't affect drop rate of the secondary drops).

- Lootshare negates the ring of wealth regardless.

I have about 1200 Commander Zilyana kills logged, but unfortunately I didn't note what ring I was using (alternated between row and archers). Of the 4 hilts and 12 swords I got, I know the hilts were split evenly for each ring, but not sure about the swords...was either 6 and 6 or 5 and 7, but it was fairly even as well.

[/hide]

I have stated not to use the RoW if doing Godwars;

1) LootShare negates it's effect

2) It is fairly difficult to solo 100 kills

3) You need to kill the minions inbetween kills anyway, which may contaminate the results

4) You need the 40 kill count to get in on different trips if you are suggesting that to me.

2v8sgvs.png

Those of you guys saying 100 kills aren't enough for reliable data are being real douchebags. The point was to get MULTIPLE people to tally 100 kills, adding up to thousands of kills. It's not only going to be [bleep]ing 100 kills

wl7w9j.png