The Great Ring Of Wealth Experiment(Method updated[Step3&4])

K112

Guys, this thread died about 2 months ago, I simply couldn't get the man power for the research. I conducted about 1000 kills at Avianses, and 1000 fire giants, put it into excel and found that the ROW at 500 avianses gave me 15k LESS than 500 with. (which is the difference of like 4 rune daggers)

At fire giants (again 500:500), the result was something like 10k MORE with ROW, plus about 40 more charms, most notably 2 extra blues :thumbsup:

Clues from both sets of Avianses were rubbish :thumbdown: (under 50k)

Overall, from my personal experimentation, I can say my results were inconclusive.

Unfortunately, the system of logging your drops is too time consuming, and the original method of price check wouldn't be feasible unless I got ~1000 players killing a small range of monsters for 24 hours, starting just after the GE updated, which, at best, is unlikely.

Sorry, but at least I tried.

2v8sgvs.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish these scientists all the best, but it will be very hard to determine whether the ROW should be worn. Of course it works, but even if we knew precisely how it works, we wouldn't necessarily know whether it would be worth wearing. The opportunity cost of wearing it (you have to give up archer/zerker/seers ring) is tough to quantify. Obviously, Jagex wants this to be a mystery. As for me, I wear it mostly out of superstition. I've had two visage drops while wearing it and none while not wearing it. I know that's not scientific (and I am interested to hear the science if someone can do it), but that's what I'm going on at the moment.

punitivedsig.png