why are people too stupid to hop when dungeon is full?

jimv

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Are the morons really so ignorant that they can not figure out that when too many people are trying to fight in the same area it takes that much longer to do anything? :wall: I do understand that at peak times it may indeed be impossible to find an empty world and I try to do things other than combat if I am on the game during those times. At those times it is the fault of Jagex for overselling a product, (and as far as I am concerned committing fraud by doing so).

Example. This morning I got an assignment of 139 lessor demons. I am currently trying to work ranged to 99 so I went to the Karamja volcano area with the lessors (the area not inside the hidden wall). When I got there it was completely empty which was excellent. Before I got about 40 done there were 2 others that showed up and made the place useless. I hopped to another world, it already had 2 people so I hopped again. This world was empty, so I started ranging. Soon enough 1 person showed up and went to another part of the area to also range the lessors and we were not interferring with each other. About 5 minutes later along comes another person. This person was using melee, which in my opinion they should have went elsewhere for using melee anyhow, and starts killing the lessors. At this point the dungeon is busy enough to cause any of us to stand around and wait for the lessors to respawn. But if this wasn't bad enough, a 4th person, also using melee, shows up and immediately starts killing the lessors. So once again the dungeon is useless for anyone trying to get stuff done.

Now to top that off, when I point out how stupid it is not hop when a dungeon is already full all 3 of them jump on me calling me a noob and saying that I am the one crying. Really pointing out that they are doing something that is moronic makes me a crybaby huh? Must be that anyone that would have the audacity to point out that their actions are not smart (or when the little cretins do it on purpose just to mess with others are jerks) must be in the wrong.

By the way, once again I took the time to hop to finish the assignment and guess what first try was to a world where no one was.

On another note, yesterday while fighting Jellies another player asked me to give them food. I said no. The asked "Why?". I stated " Why should I have to end up going to the bank just so you don't have to?". That player then stated "n00b you think you are the only one n00b". To which I replied "Crawl in a hole and die punk".

Once again how dare I have the audacity to not fall for their food scamming and actually tell them no. If you wonder why I say scamming, because they left and returned within 15 minutes with more food and continued fighting. Their first words upon reentering the room was "Hello noob" followed by "I reported you for the last thing you said." To which I restated exactly what I said the first time. They then stated "Reported again". I have the screen shots with the chat.

I am so sick of all the idiots and pieces of garbage that play this game it is not funny.

See I actually go to a game site to play the game. No other reason. I do not take part in team mini-games nor do I want to. I am not in a clan and frankly I would rather have a root canal than be. I would like to punch anyone at Jagex in the nose for trying to force me to interact with others playing the game, such as the jerk/jerks that came up with the Shield of Arrav and Hero's Quests.

I do try to help people with questions when they ask and often times refer them to tip-it for their answers. But am going to stop doing that as long as tip-it keeps running the scrolling ads that make it so that I can not use the site while playing the game. Your ads may help keep the site alive, but if someone can't use the site because of the ads then they are defeating the entire purpose of having them.

This is online gaming. People are going to be rude to you, no matter what. That being said, you could do with speaking kinder to noobs. They'll only raise your hackles by being stupid.

I guess it's just me, but I have no beef with people who show up to my spot and suddenly training isn't a good as it was 10 minutes ago because I can't kill something right away. Calm down, deal with the people in the dungeons, cause it's not just you playing the game.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

Just to go way off topic here,Blood,do you know where "How i mine for fish?" comes from and its significance?Cookie if you do.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Its also knowing where to train. Since you're a member, you could have gone to the wilderness and done your task there, I'm sure there are safespots. Or, you could have traveled a bit north where there are more lesser demons, or gone on top of crandor, where there are 2 or 3 more. Usually people are too lazy to go check, and its the same as having them all to yourself. Didn't sound like you thought of that. Or, go into a freaking PVP world. Those are usually deserted everywhere. You could kill your lessers in peace, and teleport if anyone too challenging comes your way.

As far as your reactions to other people, I'm sure mommy will make it all better when she kisses you and tucks you in tonight. Seriously though, be respectful. Them being morons doesn't give you the right to be a jerk, and your ranting here about a situation that you didn't put much effort into isn't going to get you much sympathy. So you hopped 2 times. Big whoop. What if those other people hopped 4 or 5 times? There is no, I got here first! These are my lessers!

Last thing about the food - seriously? Really? Someone asks for food, just say no. If they persist, its as simple as add ignore, or even just turning public off. Saves you a possible mute.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Are the morons really so ignorant that they can not figure out that when too many people are trying to fight in the same area it takes that much longer to do anything? :wall: I do understand that at peak times it may indeed be impossible to find an empty world and I try to do things other than combat if I am on the game during those times. At those times it is the fault of Jagex for overselling a product, (and as far as I am concerned committing fraud by doing so).

Can I ask how Jagex are committing fraud by having busy worlds?

I am so sick of all the idiots and pieces of garbage that play this game it is not funny.

See I actually go to a game site to play the game. No other reason. I do not take part in team mini-games nor do I want to. I am not in a clan and frankly I would rather have a root canal than be. I would like to punch anyone at Jagex in the nose for trying to force me to interact with others playing the game, such as the jerk/jerks that came up with the Shield of Arrav and Hero's Quests.

From these two statements alone, I can tell that you have some sort of antisocial vibe coming from you. Take a chill pill, and get used to the fact that dungeons will always be crowded; you can kill Lessers in other places too, not just in Karamja.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Oh, I understand your rant completely. I mean, when I am cannoning kalphites, using super sets, and Superhuman Strength, someone shows and up I literally STEAL HIS KILLS and he still doesn't scoot.

Then all of these bizarre yellow symbols appear over his head, and I really don't know what is going on. Almost like it is trying to communicate with me, or something.

What does it take? Why won't these people leave?

[/end ignorant, rude, vicious, caveman-like, kill-or-be killed rant]

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Well for your information, I do hop immediately when an area I go into to fight is busy.

As for speaking kinder to "noobs" everyone I mentioned was over level 90 combat.

Yes I could have went somewhere else at the start, but why exactly couldn't they go there when someone else was already using the spot where I was at? And you can take your mommy comment and stick it where the sun deosn't shine. Do you understand that?

Anti-social? Why, because I am not some feeble idiot that can't go 5 minutes without talking to someone without curling up in the fetal position or popping some happy zombie drug so I don't kill myself.

If you actually do use a cannon then that automatically makes you a rear-end hole.

Now as for the fraud, what Jagex does is no different than someone selling say 200 tickets for a flight that only has 150 seats then telling the buyers to compete for the seats or wait around.

Every person playing this game, that pays to play it, should be able to play whatever part that they have the required levels for at any time they want to play it without waiting around doing nothing. Period.

Anti-social? Why, because I am not some feeble idiot that can't go 5 minutes without talking to someone without curling up in the fetal position or popping some happy zombie drug so I don't kill myself.

If you actually do use a cannon then that automatically makes you a rear-end hole.

Now as for the fraud, what Jagex does is no different than someone selling say 200 tickets for a flight that only has 150 seats then telling the buyers to compete for the seats or wait around.

Every person playing this game, that pays to play it, should be able to play whatever part that they have the required levels for at any time they want to play it without waiting around doing nothing. Period.

Antisocial: Unwilling or unable to associate normally with other people; antagonistic, hostile, or unfriendly toward others; menacing

IDK - I think "unwilling to associate normally with other people" or "hostile, or unfriendly toward others" pretty much sums it up, but that just might be me.

As for the fraud part... Did you read the Terms and Conditions when you signed up? No? Oh I'm so sorry. I really have no sympathy for you, mostly because your attitudes towards others i.e. ANTISOCIAL behavior.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

If you're the one who's bothered by the crowded dungeons, try using less popular ones or world-hopping yourself. The others don't mind; why should they have to hop to suit your desires?

I do not take part in team mini-games nor do I want to. I am not in a clan and frankly I would rather have a root canal than be. I would like to punch anyone at Jagex in the nose for trying to force me to interact with others playing the game, such as the jerk/jerks that came up with the Shield of Arrav and Hero's Quests.
By the way, you seriously are really anti-social.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Telling them to hop just because you were there first dosent really make you any better than they are.

They could quite simply tell you to hop? How dose it make any difference to them? Why should they hop and not you, why do you expect people to hop for you.

I'm definitely not a world hopping kind of person, and if the dungeons crowded, who cares. Just beat them to the monster.

Also, about the whole food thing, i really hate that as well. Yea, look I'm training to, why should i give you my food!!!! You weren't even nice to me!!!

O.O

If you hop several times and still end up with a full dungeon, it's a sign most of them are full, and you'll just have to deal with it. Other players and have just as much right to kill things as you do. Also, telling people to kill themselves won't help our situation what so ever, and may end up in a mute. You don't seem any more mature then these other players. And if you hate social interaction, why the hell are you playing such a social game?

quit

He doesn't want to play stupid minigames, or do annoying quests with people who are often rude and uncooperative, and therefore he is anti-social? He can play the game however he likes, and it is nonsense to describe some pretty common attitudes as anti-social. I don't like most minigames, and I know that the hero's thing was just an inconvienience to everyone, not any kind of breakthrough in gameplay. I still recieve PM's form random people begging me to help them with it.

I train at lesser demons in f2p too. And when i go there there is usually at least 1 other person. and it is almost always mellee. But i don't care to much that someone is there, but in f2p I think of the lessers as a range training place. at least the south one. the safe spots at the north one are horrible. so what i hate is how mellee-ers take the range spot even if the other one is empty.

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

He doesn't want to play stupid minigames, or do annoying quests with people who are often rude and uncooperative, and therefore he is anti-social?

Sorry if you thought that's what I meant by him being "antisocial"; I meant more posts along the lines of...

Now to top that off, when I point out how stupid it is not hop when a dungeon is already full all 3 of them jump on me calling me a noob and saying that I am the one crying. Really pointing out that they are doing something that is moronic makes me a crybaby huh? Must be that anyone that would have the audacity to point out that their actions are not smart (or when the little cretins do it on purpose just to mess with others are jerks) must be in the wrong.

Well for your information, I do hop immediately when an area I go into to fight is busy.

As for speaking kinder to "noobs" everyone I mentioned was over level 90 combat.

Yes I could have went somewhere else at the start, but why exactly couldn't they go there when someone else was already using the spot where I was at? And you can take your mommy comment and stick it where the sun deosn't shine. Do you understand that?

It's clear that the OP can't handle competition for resources in a game that requires some kind of social contract with another player, hence, he's being 'antisocial'. Since he can't handle it, he's looking for some stupid way to blame Jagex for this, with the actual belief that they guarantee that a particular NPC will have a certain level of traffic at a certain time. Pa-thetic.

@OP: Get used to the fact that there will always be overcrowded dungeons. Don't like it? Go find lessers someplace else, or blacklist that task and move on.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Exactly who are you to say what is normal behaviour on an internet game? Just because a lot of people do something does not make it normal or even right. Why would I want to stand around and not get anything accomplished on a video game? Why should I need to interact with people to play a video game? Just because you and others can not handle being alone does not make me anti-social. I enjoy my alone time. I have never been lonely in my life, because I am not a feeble-minded person.

When you clean your house or room, hoping that you do, do you like it when there are others getting in your way? Do you like getting in others way when they are trying to do it? Much better for anyone trying to do it when no one else is there. You can usually accomplish much more when you are not interfered with in the process of doing it.

Do you like it when others interfere with you getting your job done? Do you like to interfere with others trying to get their job done?

Have you ever paid for a round of golf? Do you like it when the group in front of you is goofing around slowing you down? Do you like to be the one goofing around ruining everyone else's round?

Why do you come to tip-it most of the time? Is it to interact with others? Or is it to look up information so that you do not have to ask someone on the game? To me the best part of tip-it is that I can find the information right away and not have to waste time trying to ask someone in the game.

Now, there may indeed be times that you simply can not accomplish something by yourself and have to ask for help. Personally, I like to keep that to as minimal a number as possible.

More pertaining to the fraud part. I have a right to a reasonable assumption that when buying a product that I will be able to use said product. Jagex does not have to state that they guarantee that you will be able to play the game, it is automatically implied by their sale of the product.

Defintion of guarantee from Mirriam Webster dictionary:

an assurance for the fulfillment of a condition: as a: an agreement by which one person undertakes to secure another in the possession or enjoyment of something b: an assurance of the quality of or of the length of use to be expected from a product offered for sale often with a promise of reimbursement

Where in the terms and conditions does it say that I may not be able to do some part of the game due to overselling of the product? Overselling = overcrowding or not providing enough to go around to everyone that they sold it to.

You pay to play a "competitive" MMO. You must be prepared to face competition in-game. I wouldn't call this a fraud on Jagex part from that point of view. It's like saying I went to a karting race and there were people in my way, the company that sold me my ride is engaging in a fraud...

As to the original topic : maybe because they are (choose from a combination in the list ahead) : stupid, lazy, un-informed, un-efficient, new to the game or ignorant.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

That was a pointless sentence with no meaning, that proved... actually nothing.

RIGHT! I normally stay fairly quiet on forums... Reason being, that for every person that agrees with anyone else, there are normally 10 or so who will disagree over the slightest thing...

But this... was offensive. As the internet is fairly anonymous, and without an I.P tracker you're never gonna know who I am, then I don't mind saying that i'm "popping" this so called 'zombie drug' tackling with depression and insomnia... And let me tell you, it's not really funny. Not what you said... but more so, the casual context... Have a heart mate, and don't delve into situations you're probably too young to understand.

This is nothing like what Jagex is doing!

So you're saying... for example... (I'm totally unaware of how many people play this game, probably more) Let's say 1,000,000, you expect Jagex to create a server for each character so that he/she can do whatever they want with no competition?

Rediculous!

sick_sk8er_1.png

99 Slayer, I don't have it yet. But it'll come.

That was a pointless sentence with no meaning, that proved... actually nothing.

If you had read the context of the statement that I was replying to you would have seen that that person used noobs instead of newbs. That is why I put noobs in quotation marks.

RIGHT! I normally stay fairly quiet on forums... Reason being, that for every person that agrees with anyone else, there are normally 10 or so who will disagree over the slightest thing...

But this... was offensive. As the internet is fairly anonymous, and without an I.P tracker you're never gonna know who I am, then I don't mind saying that i'm "popping" this so called 'zombie drug' tackling with depression and insomnia... And let me tell you, it's not really funny. Not what you said... but more so, the casual context... Have a heart mate, and don't delve into situations you're probably too young to understand.

I am almost 44 years old.

This is nothing like what Jagex is doing!

It is exactly like what Jagex is doing.

So you're saying... for example... (I'm totally unaware of how many people play this game, probably more) Let's say 1,000,000, you expect Jagex to create a server for each character so that he/she can do whatever they want with no competition?

Rediculous!

No what they should be doing, as I have stated before, is make all stationary items work like the farming patches or like the ess and pure ess rocks do. See on those things it wouldn't matter if everyone that played the game wanted to do it at the same time. Or if up to the 2000 player limit wanted to do it on the same world they could. Then make it so that the dungeons load for each player individually or at least the monsters within the dungeons do although that would be much harder. At least they should make some worlds like this for those that just want to play the game.

People have a right to compete for in-game resources. They aren't hopping because they are trying to force you out, they want to make you hop, and go through the trouble of hopping. That was the sarcastic point I was trying to make in my first post in this topic.