Corporeal Beast Guide

Artemis1330

FFA & LS Guide to Corporeal Beast

spectralspiritshielddet.pngarcanespiritshielddetai.pngcorporealer5.gifdivinespiritshielddetai.pngelysianspiritshielddeta.png

The corporeal beast is without a doubt the deadliest NPC currently in game. With 20000 life points and the ability to hit 500s though magic prayer, fighting it should not be done without a bit of knowledge, which can be found here.

To access the corporeal beast, you must have completed spirit of summer and summers end quests.

The first thing to understand is that you do not get a grave when you die at corporeal beast. The second thing to understand is that you will die here at some point. Even if you never make a mistake, eventually you will just take damage faster then you can heal. To avoid losing items because of this, I highly recommend you do a few practice trips where you intentionally die. Practice banking, and running back to loot your items in time. It may sound silly, but it could save you a fire cape and a few mil in items.

I will break this into two sections, free for all, and ls/cs. Free for all means whoever does the most damage gets the drop. For both FFA and LS, you need at least 6 maxed combat people to kill the Beast. The lower the Melees, the more people you will need.

Free For All

Free for all has some large differences from ls/cs. In free for all, you want to do more damage then anyone else. This means you will probably be risking some expensive gear and fire cape/void. Your invos will also be much more expensive. The strategy will change slightly as well.

Setups

CorpGear1.png

Corpgear2.png

CorpGear3.png

It is always a good idea to "swap" berserker rings/zammy spears with someone; otherwise you will lose both instead of one of them.

Corpgear5.png

Corpgear4-2.png

Corpgear6-1.png

Do not take a fury if you are ranging. The only difference between fury and glory is strength, prayer, and def. All of which is not important here. The only shield you should take is a divine or elysian, otherwise take Zamorak book.

The goal with these setups is high attack bonus. Def bonuses are ignoreed by corporeal beast, so it's not worth it to range in a DFS for example. The only shields you should consider taking are divine or elysian.

Corporeal beast is very weak to stab attacks, and the zamorakian spear has one of the highest stab attack in the game, apart from PVP and Chaotic weapons. Therefore, you should always use zamorakian spear.

Invos

Melee-

Corpmeleeinvo-2-1.pngCorpmeleeinvo-2-1-1.png

Range-

CorpRangeinvo-1.png

Extremes or Overloads are highly recommend in FFA, almost all people bring them.

If you do not bring extremes or overloads, instead, you should use zamorak brews. They raise your attack 2 higher then super attack, and restore some prayer (at the cost of some lp damage).

Secondly, yes the Beast can devour your familiar. However, this only happens 0-1 time a trip, and rarely twice a trip. The benefit of a stallion is you can heal without interrupting combat, so one should always be used. Bunyips also work, but are much much less reliable. Healing titans are your best second choice, followed by bunyips.

The pizzas are to help heal when the corp focuses on you. What I usually do when Corp hits me for 400+ is spec with stallion, press f4, eat a pizza slice then very very quickly eat a shark. Doing so heals up to 450 lp in one attack turn. Where as just eating a shark heals 200 lp.

The brews are for healing every other spawn, which is when you should repot extremes or zammy brew and super strength. First heal with brews, then boost potions.

Optionally, you can take a cannon to kill the dark core. The cannonballs are, obviously, for reloading your cannon should you take one. I always take one, but they are not really needed. Setting it up behind you will allow you to not move if a dark core come over. Just stand there and take the hits for a second, and heal with stallion.

Strategy

The goal here is to obviously do more damage then everyone else, so the strategy will be based on that.

The first thing you will want to do is stand in a spot that allows you to immediately attack the corp when it spawns -

corpwheretostand.png

corpwheretostand2.png

You should pot with extreme set every other corp. Before he spawns, you should have eaten/sipped pots to full prayer and hp. Always use Turmoil or Piety and Soul Split or Mage prayer.

A good tip to help avoid death is to keep your Stallion screen up, and your finger on the f4 button. If the corp focuses on you, first click the healing aura spec, then f4, then do the pizza/karambwan trick. Continue eating tators/sharks if needed. If you think you can get a hit in before you need to eat, do so, otherwise keep spam clicking your sharks/tators. If a dark core has come near you, get away as fast as possible. These are extremely deadly, and a combo of corp focusing on you + dark core leaching health = death no matter how fast you click.

A common thing done at other bosses is to walk under the boss to heal, however the Corporeal Beast is the first NPC in the game that does not allow you to do this. The Beast has a "stomp" ability, and walking under him triggers this. You will find yourself getting hit 400s by his stomp attack should you get under him.

Lootshare and Coinshare

The main difference between ls/cs and ffa is that you can take significantly less risk with items. The gear will be exactly the same, except you can take the prossy/black dragon hide setup.

Invos

Melee-

corplsinvomelee-1-1.pngcorplsinvomelee-1-1-1.png

The dagger is a poisoned bone dagger. You can buy them on the GrandExchange or from an NPC in lumby caves. The spec is very effective at poisoning the Corporeal Beast. You should always poison it in LS trips. Poison can easily do 1000 damage per kill.

Range-

corplsinvorange-1.png

Strategy

The only difference in strategy is you should always try to maintain max hp, as there is no reason to increase the risk of death by not eating. I still recommend a stallion, bunyip, or other healers.

Many lootshare teams will lure the Beast to the door way, get the team together, then kill it. I highly recommend you do not do this. It is much better to kill the Beast the first time, then get the team around the spawn and kill it. I have timed both methods, and the lure method is at least twice as slow. It may not seem so, but the time it takes to lure and get the team into place just makes it not worth it. Even if you need to bank, you should always be able to get back before the beast dies unless you have a very large team of 16+ people maxed combat people.

However, if you do want to lure it and kill at the door, doing so is simple. One person should pray magic, and just enter and exit fast. Once the Beast is at the door, the team enters and stands around it, ready to attack.

To heal in a LS/CS team, instead of standing right next to the Beast taking hits, you should step back 2-4 spaces. Doing so puts you out of range to his melee, and seems to get him to swap targets faster. Just stand back a few spaces and heal up. However, make sure you do not run around a corner and get the Beast to move. Doing so could get your team stomped on.

Cannons

It is always a good idea to set up 2-3 cannons at corp. These will not damage the corporeal beast, but will kill the dark cores. Killing the dark cores will give faster and safer kills. Simply setup your cannons 3-5 spaces around the corporeal beast spawn. Bring 30 cannonballs in your invo, you will use about 10 per trip.

Using a cannon is always a good idea for ffa, as using one means you will not have to move away from the dark core and can just let the cannon kill it.

Deaths

While you do not get a gravestone on death at corporeal beast, you still have 2 minutes to get back and get your items. if you are fast and do not lag, you should get back with about 15 seconds to loot your grave.

Strategy

I highly suggest you setup a tab in your bank solely for deaths. Here is a good example-

Corpdeathtab.png

You should also move your spawn point to cammy or Soul Wars. To do this, talk to merlin in Camelot Castle or the imp near the bank of Soul Wars.

When you die, run to the bank, open the death tab, and spam click on sharks and super energies. Just take 3-5 sharks and 2 energies. Grab the burthope necklace, and tele to clan war. Here is the route you should take-

corpdeathroute.png

I highly suggest you either start out with low risk gear, or simply practice dieing. Go to an empty corp world, and simply die. Practice banking and getting back to loot your grave in time.

Video

I currently do not have a lootshare video, but I will make one at some point.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Corporal, isn't it?

And damn, someone made a guide with the karambwan tricks included :( My tricks that got me a lot of the kills shall be known by everyone now! Ah well, I haven't had corp FFA gear in a long time xD

It's a pretty good guide so far, more up to date. Is the LS/CS guide going to include 2-4 man trips?

P.S. Check your Tormented Demons guide >.> a lot of people want to know what to do when theres 3/4 demons on you.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Can't you just make multiple trips to solo it, like you used to have to do for the KQ? I have never actually fought the beast except with no items, so yeah. (Btw do Morrigans Javelins work at all on it?)

It's Corporal, isn't it?

And damn, someone made a guide with the karambwan tricks included :( My tricks that got me a lot of the kills shall be known by everyone now! Ah well, I haven't had corp FFA gear in a long time xD

It's a pretty good guide so far, more up to date. Is the LS/CS guide going to include 2-4 man trips?

P.S. Check your Tormented Demons guide >.> a lot of people want to know what to do when theres 3/4 demons on you.

You can't 2-4 man it anymore. Yes, you can still use the door thing, but it's slow, dangerous, and just a waste of time.

Well there is no way to get 4 tds on you at that spot at tds. If they have 4 on you, they are not in the safe spot. you can get 3 on you in the safe spot, but they should be luring them..... Like I show i nthe guide and vid.

ty for comment :)

Can't you just make multiple trips to solo it, like you used to have to do for the KQ? I have never actually fought the beast except with no items, so yeah. (Btw do Morrigans Javelins work at all on it?)

If no one is in the room with it, it heals in about 2 seconds time to full hp. Trust me when i say there is no way around this, and all safe spots have been fixed (there were at least 4 safe spot in the past). Jagex has fixed corp so you cannot kill it with at least 4 ppl, but you really need 6 to ensure a kill.

oh yeah, your picture for range has a guy in arma top + skirt with an archer helm, but the losses show a zamorak coif. You should probably change it to zammy coif because I'm pretty sure archer helm protects over the arma (thus why you probably had zammy coif in the risks)

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

oh yeah, your picture for range has a guy in arma top + skirt with an archer helm, but the losses show a zamorak coif. You should probably change it to zammy coif because I'm pretty sure archer helm protects over the arma (thus why you probably had zammy coif in the risks)

Ahh yes, good eye thanks lol. I mixed up the items you keep on death and the gear pics. Thanks again.

Aww, i see artemis wrote another guide - this time a corp guide? Same one on sigilseekers. Just a few things.. Karambwan was i hear nerfed, making them worthless (takes up a whole attack turn, like sharks/other food.)

Also, i find that in the ranger setups, attack bonus is not very important. as i range alot, the special attacks hit 90% of damage and they dont matter your attack bonus. So, wearing less valuable gears, such as no archer ring, will save a lot on disconnection. A plausible hybrid option is to wear maxed str except w/ crossbow and range helm, with spear/melee helm in inventory. When i went 5-6 manning, i found faster kills when everyone hybridded till he had 40% hp left. Tho may just have been some lucky specials, im not sure.

Ddddrrr

The level 92 combat barrower

guth helmx1 karil topx1 d legs x1 left half x1

Pizzas work with anything. :P Eat the first half of all your pizzas, then click on a shark to heal quite a lot of damage in one attack turn. This doesn't work with the 2nd half of pizzas though. :( I think with karambwans chocolate bombs were nerfed too.

Some of the pictures show you wearing a glory ammy, which is protected as one of your 3/4 items - possibly change it to a god stole, so that you protect your archer ring, or wear a fury (basically a swap for a glory but you won't lose it).

Does maging work well at all? I heard it worked well but was expensive, that's why noone uses it. :P

With the bone spear, does it really work well as a spec weapon? You could replace it for emerald bolts (a visual animation to show poison) and bring a vesta longsword or something (or something cheap like a DDS, some FFA don't allow PvP weps) which would probably be more useful. In between spawns an enchanted excalibur could be useful to hop off your hp then brew without wasting a shark. You should note that poison damage doesn't add to your damage in FFA.

I'd recommend bringing vengeance runes - this would help do more damage and help you get the kill in FFA.

Void would be the best set up if you want to risk it - there is a accuracy bonus that really would make a difference.

I like the idea of someone's post tank ranging - just wear prayer gear and rely on ruby specials (fairly sure that they aren't affected by range attack bonus). I've watched a few videos that recommend spirit shields to reduce damage from the beast's multi-target mage attack, could you clarify whether these make any difference?

I'm not too convinced about bringing summoning familiars - your unicorn got eaten a few times in your video. :( Does it restore a lot of the beast's health?

Some nice tips in here, with expansion it could make the AoW. \'

imagangster.png

3 words...aow number 3.

ive always jus ran in there hoping not to die never even put any strategy into it and here u are with a kick [wagon] guide yet again if you made a guide to killing chickens id go do it you make it all sound so easy...not that killin chickens is hard...

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

Any loot pics you wanna share with us :P

I've cs'd divine, arcane, and a few elixers so far

Got an arcane sigil and elixer ls, seeing the guide makes me wanna go back to try to get one of the two sigils

What?

m_theory11.png

Pizzas work with anything. :P Eat the first half of all your pizzas, then click on a shark to heal quite a lot of damage in one attack turn. This doesn't work with the 2nd half of pizzas though. :( I think with karambwans chocolate bombs were nerfed too.

Dammit stop revealing all the food tricks :( I'm pretty sure they weren't nerfed though.

some of the pictures show you wearing a glory ammy, which is protected as one of your 3/4 items - possibly change it to a god stole, so that you protect your archer ring, or wear a fury (basically a swap for a glory but you won't lose it).

God Stole probably will still mean archer ring is lost on death -- Archer Rings don't protect for crap.

With the bone spear, does it really work well as a spec weapon? You could replace it for emerald bolts (a visual animation to show poison) and bring a vesta longsword or something (or something cheap like a DDS, some FFA don't allow PvP weps) which would probably be more useful.

Pretty much all FFA do not allow PvP weapons at all, nor do they allow pvp armour. Sigilseekers also doesn't allow Fighter Helm.

I'd recommend bringing vengeance runes - this would help do more damage and help you get the kill in FFA.

Damage done with vengence/recoil does not count as doing more damage -- it won't help you get the kill.

Void would be the best set up if you want to risk it - there is a accuracy bonus that really would make a difference.

You lose barrows gloves though. It's really about the same, though I found bandos to be better.

Anyways, still like how the guide is coming out. The Sigilseekers FFA got 4 sigils in 15 hours at some point recently O.O 2 arcanes and 2 spectrals. Jesus.

[hide=Big quote]

Dammit stop revealing all the food tricks :( I'm pretty sure they weren't nerfed though.

Can't help it. :P Found a way to alch with profit but ended up leaking it. #-o

some of the pictures show you wearing a glory ammy, which is protected as one of your 3/4 items - possibly change it to a god stole, so that you protect your archer ring, or wear a fury (basically a swap for a glory but you won't lose it).

God Stole probably will still mean archer ring is lost on death -- Archer Rings don't protect for crap.

Still a fury would be better than a glory if a glory is protected. You're probably right about the ring though.

With the bone spear, does it really work well as a spec weapon? You could replace it for emerald bolts (a visual animation to show poison) and bring a vesta longsword or something (or something cheap like a DDS, some FFA don't allow PvP weps) which would probably be more useful.

Pretty much all FFA do not allow PvP weapons at all, nor do they allow pvp armour. Sigilseekers also doesn't allow Fighter Helm.

I meant dagger, not spear. :-# Not sure why fighter hats aren't allowed, could you explain that for me? I understand PvP armour though.

Damage done with vengence/recoil does not count as doing more damage -- it won't help you get the kill.

Could be worth mentioning in Lootshare though.

You lose barrows gloves though. It's really about the same, though I found bandos to be better.

Hmm, I'd still think void is better - it could be mentioned which outfit is best from the pictures shown (like the inventorys are).

Anyways, still like how the guide is coming out. The Sigilseekers FFA got 4 sigils in 15 hours at some point recently O.O 2 arcanes and 2 spectrals. Jesus.

Can I join? :mrgreen:

[/hide]
imagangster.png

Fighter Hats aren't allowed in the Sigilseekers because of the attack bonus. I thought of it and they didn't have a rule on it, but when someone brought it they were getting like all of the kills apparently. This made it pretty unfair -- sure its not a buyable item, you get it from a minigame, but most people don't have fighter hats. They want it to be fair for everyone, else everyone will leave.

Thats why void is allowed, its pretty much the same as bandos.

Fury would be better than glory if you protect the glory, true. He probably meant to borrow the archer ring or something though so he protected that.

As for joining, I haven't done it myself in a while, but when its going on its Leons77's cc. If theres like 10+ people in there in the same world, then its going on probably.

How are you supposed to enforce those rules if it's FFA?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

they just kick you out of cc and hop worlds , if you follow them they will just disband and use smaller teams,

btw why is meleeing way better than ranging?

because to range you need bolts. the cost adds up, and if u die u lose bolts but u wont lose a spear. also, the ruby rdrains your hp to spec so its possible you will use more food than normal, forcing you to possibly tele right near the end of a kill. not likely it will be that extreme, but its possible

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

they just kick you out of cc and hop worlds , if you follow them they will just disband and use smaller teams,

because to range you need bolts. the cost adds up, and if u die u lose bolts but u wont lose a spear. also, the ruby rdrains your hp to spec so its possible you will use more food than normal, forcing you to possibly tele right near the end of a kill. not likely it will be that extreme, but its possible

I just want a confirmation on which does more damage, if you FFA you wont care about cost, and if you do spec and lose hp you can always use a healing aura to regain hp without loss of turn

basically whenever i go to corp ls teams they want more meleers than rangers

I just want a confirmation on which does more damage, if you FFA you wont care about cost, and if you do spec and lose hp you can always use a healing aura to regain hp without loss of turn

basically whenever i go to corp ls teams they want more meleers than rangers

oh ok, fair eough. im pretty sure melee does more damage; cb is weak to stab, not range. the only way to hit with range really, is with the ruby spec which is pretty unreliable, and in the time you make one successful bloodforfeit, a meleer could have easily done more than the 100 damage ruby spec cap

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come