Corporeal Beast Guide

Artemis1330

Melee does more damage. You usually need to do about like 500-600 damage to get a kill in an FFA -- ruby bolts will NOT spec that much. Rangers rarely get the kill, same with hybrids. In the time it takes to get 1 ruby bolt spec, someone else will easily do over 150 damage with zammy spear.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, melee does get more kills. Most of the time, the people that range in ffa do so to use their Divine or Elysian shields. Range also has the benefit of being much much safer, and takes much less concentration. Quite often, players with lower melee stats will range as well.

Range is effective, but melee is just faster.

All of my gear/invos are more like suggestions, you can modify them as you wish obviously. As for fury or glory, it makes no difference at all. They have the exact same attack stats. The Beast ignores def, so the def bonus of fury doesnt matter. You are not meleeing, so str bonus doesnt matter, and +2 prayer is hardly worth arguing over. As for archer ring, I like it for its +4 range. Take a Wealth if you want :P

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guide, I should do that quest sometime :oops:

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

It's Corporal, isn't it?

corporeal

Pronunciation: \k?r-?p?r-?-?l\

Function: adjective

Etymology: Middle English, from Latin corporeus of the body, from corpor-, corpus

Date: 15th century

1: having, consisting of, or relating to a physical material body: as a: not spiritual b: not immaterial or intangible

corporal

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle French, lowest noncommissioned officer, alteration of caporal, from Old Italian caporale, from capo head, from Latin caput more at head

Date: 1579

: a noncommissioned officer ranking in the army above a private first class and below a sergeant and in the marine corps above a lance corporal and below a sergeant

Somehow I think the one having to do with state-of-being and tangibility is more applicable than army rank :lol:

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

• 3 weeks later...

I know this question continues to pop-up while I'm around, but how does magic, specifically smoke barrage, work against the Corporeal? I don't care about costs, I just want to know if it is on par with Melee.

Great guide, and poor Paul Rat for dying in the video.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

• 1 month later...

You can't 2-4 man it anymore. Yes, you can still use the door thing, but it's slow, dangerous, and just a waste of time.

I think you can 2/4 man it, and i'm 100% sure about it. Now I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but I know you can.

It might be wise to swap only the items you know you would lose (i.e. if you would have a berserker ring protected through item protect + 3 standard, swap the zamorak spear, and if you would keep both swap something else, and if you would keep neither swap the one with the higher value etc...) because in some of those pictures you would keep items that were lent to you when it wouldn't matter if you kept or lost it.

That might be a bit confusing so:

If you would keep an item when you died don't swap that one, swap one you know you would lose.

Zekei1.png

99 Slayer... Never gonna trim you up.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

[hide=Slayering Time]Zekei1.png[/hide]

When doing Free for all, your in a clan chat, but LS is not on?

Yeah they might just be using the clan chat to be able to communicate easier, and not using LS just because thats how they want to do it.

And you would enforce the FFA rules by getting a team, just that you choose not to use the LS / CS rules to split up the loot.

Zekei1.png

99 Slayer... Never gonna trim you up.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

[hide=Slayering Time]Zekei1.png[/hide]

A useful guide, it's persuaded me to do some over the summer I think. Out of interest, I notice lots of people type numbers (i.e. 367) while killing it, is this how much they hit or what?

They're typing out their hp experience before and after- HP exp gained = damage dealt. Helps them figure out who did the most damage and got the drop.

I have a bunch of things to add. For one you suggest using dragon boots, this is not ALWAYS necessary. For example, dragon boots don't boost my max hit at corp when compared climbing boots.The next thing that I'd like to add is to your inventory. You suggest using a bone dagger,right? I think that a darklight is far better to use. It reduces the beast's defense and it is the recommended item from most teams that I have been on. I also recommend that rangers bring stunning bolts to stun the core.(Emmy(e) I believe). Additionally, rangers can also wear a spectral spirit shield. This is a very effective shield for rangers.

To the person who asked, magic is quite ineffective.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

• 1 month later...
A useful guide, it's persuaded me to do some over the summer I think. Out of interest, I notice lots of people type numbers (i.e. 367) while killing it, is this how much they hit or what?

They're typing out their hp experience before and after- HP exp gained = damage dealt. Helps them figure out who did the most damage and got the drop.

this is inaccurate however as damage = 1.3 hp experience.

zaff.jpg

• 3 months later...

The new Ardounge cape 3 has +6 stab attack, +6 mage defence, and +6 prayer bonus I'm not sure if that out weighs the +4 strength bonus from the fire cape but it certainly seems better then a skill cape for the corporeal beast.

Awesome guide btw :smile:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I managed to get a few drops in a FFA trip, as im VERY lucky with ruby specs (got about 2-5 every kill!) :D also good guide, you should add 'welfare setups' aswell though.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]