Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

modernwarfare2logo2.jpg

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

11-10-09

If anyone has a video/picture/anything from MW2 that they wanna show off, tell me. Ill put it on the main page :D

Generate YOUR callsign! Just click here!

Before you post, consider this;

If you're mature enough to play it, you should be mature enough to accept that there will always be different opinions. :unsure:

-littleboy

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People've known about this for all of this year.

Anyways, I want this. I feel like it'd be a waste to get Call of Duty 4 now, because all my friends will be playing this come October or November. I should start saving.

Hope they change up the campaign, though. It was good and all, but middle east and Russia are kinda obvious.

BUT PLEASE NO SOUTH AMERICA AAAUGH I HATE GAMES IN TROPICAL PLACES

So they must invent a new AREA OF THE WORLD.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

People've known about this for all of this year.

Anyways, I want this. I feel like it'd be a waste to get Call of Duty 4 now, because all my friends will be playing this come October or November. I should start saving.

Hope they change up the campaign, though. It was good and all, but middle east and Russia are kinda obvious.

BUT PLEASE NO SOUTH AMERICA AAAUGH I HATE GAMES IN TROPICAL PLACES

So they must invent a new AREA OF THE WORLD.

Well, Its been mostly rumors, but its official now.

I agree, tropical places suck.

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Well the most important thing for me would be better wii support, as in giving us all of the modes in the other versions, and offering downloadable content to us as well.

Also, the sites not loading for me. Might just be my computer but I don't know.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Well the most important thing for me would be better wii support, as in giving us all of the modes in the other versions, and offering downloadable content to us as well.

Not to really dampen the mood but I doubt IW will even do a Wii version. Too much of a hassle adapting it to old hardware.

Not to really dampen the mood but I doubt IW will even do a Wii version. Too much of a hassle adapting it to old hardware.

Your probably right. The market isn't large enough to make the effort worth the cost. But I can always hope. :pray:

Plus I could always buy it for PC if it doesn't come out for Wii.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I still think altered history is the way to go. I mean think! How do you think the world would turn out today if the colonies lost the Revolutionary War and Napoleon took over Europe?

Maybe there can be a Code: Geass type of world where the Americas (Obviosly not called the U.S.A) are the evil fascist ones and will eventually lose to rebellion groups from all over the world rather than 'super-awesome-badass-gunna-kill-me-sum-commies' soldiers type of warfare.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

so much quoting for no reason... All I ask for is something great, 4 player co-op offline, and a great online/ offline experience. That's all I need.

I agree. If MW2 would take WaW's concept on the co-op it would be really cool. Co-op is always fun.

and Nadril, I agree. WaW was a waste of my money.. I dont like it basically at all. Zombies is all I use it for :P

so much quoting for no reason... All I ask for is something great, 4 player co-op offline, and a great online/ offline experience. That's all I need.

I agree. If MW2 would take WaW's concept on the co-op it would be really cool. Co-op is always fun.

and Nadril, I agree. WaW was a waste of my money.. I dont like it basically at all. Zombies is all I use it for :P

I don't see why everyone is so pissy about WaW. If you don't like WW2 games then don't play the campaign but multiplayer is just like MW with different style maps...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I don't see why everyone is so pissy about WaW. If you don't like WW2 games then don't play the campaign but multiplayer is just like MW with different style maps...
Id have to disagree.. The weapons are extremely different, and another thing about it is it dosnt allow ANY glitches. Even if it is just getting on a roof. Come on.. wheres the fun in that?

Id have to disagree.. The weapons are extremely different, and another thing about it is it dosnt allow ANY glitches. Even if it is just getting on a roof. Come on.. wheres the fun in that?

The guns themselves are different but power, accuracy, fire rate, etc. are all the same. For example the 3rd SMG you unlock in MW is the same as the 3rd SMG you unlock in WaW.

Good point Nadril. Although I hope that Treyarch will maybe make a MW map pack. I miss Vacant and Shipment. Those were my shotgun levels. :cry:

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Maybe this time around focus not on Americans = British, but some out of the way group that hasn't been explored yet? Guerilla fighting might be fun.

Well, technically all of Call of Duty 4 is guerrilla warfare.

They'll make it for wii.

It's just basically a PS2 one with slightly better graphics and a different control setup, maybe one or 2 more maps.

If they dont they're missing out a bit

I dont need a siggy no moar.

They'll make it for wii.

It's just basically a PS2 one with slightly better graphics and a different control setup, maybe one or 2 more maps.

If they dont they're missing out a bit

No they wont. IW actually try and make something new instead of doing a cheap reskin like Treyarch, and they cant do that on Wii hardware. Treyarch have always made the games that go on all the systems, IW keep to the true next gen ones. But next November when Treyarch bring out WaW 2 you can get a cheap port of the MW2 engine (scaled down) with a WW2 skin.

Not to say WaW did nothing right. I'd like to see some of the better features in MW2, such as no more +2 for assists, toned down grenade damage, no 3xfrag, bayonets, extra classes, and selectable grenades. And of course, by FAR the best thing about WaW, Nazi Zombies.

IW should make MW2 not MW1.5. And also please make it glitch free. Any under-the-map glitches not fixed within 1 month, or assurances they know about them and are working to fix them, and I'm straight back to COD4.

What I'm hoping for from the campaign is more of a mixed playing style. Also a longer campaign that focuses on each style of combat for more than one mission. More stealth-based stuff. I kind of liked what was done with CoD3, where the missions jumped back and forth between the different forces. Maybe for MW2, have an undected infiltration going on while there is a force defending a site. With the defense, you can have counter-attacks, sniping, close-quarters, etc. Basically, I want the campaign to be something that does more than just introduce the weapons and different combat tactics. It really does just feel like a tutorial.

For multiplayer, what I want the most is to be able to play online with more than one person per Xbox. I mean, if I'm with friends, and we want to play online, we want to be able to play together, not have one person play while the others sit around and watch. Also, maybe bring in a Nazi Zombie-type game mode, except, you know, realistic? Nazi Zombies was great and all, but I found it much too gimmicky, as if it was the main selling point. I would have bought the game if the other features of WaW were more than just very simple additions to MW.

Other than that, I want something new that makes MW2 different from WaW and MW. A map editor perhaps?

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Post-Cold War story like CoD4? :pray:

WW2 is all well and good, but the Cold War left a lot of material for alternate history stories... :lol:

It's called Modern Warfare 2 for a reason, it's a carry on from the COD4 story.

But how. Everyone died.

I guess I can see the plane thing counting.