Hugger_88

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hmm... preorder MW2, or buy some new speakers. Decisions. :unsure:

That shouldn't even be a decision, MW2 all the way. :thumbup:

Hmm, but I have FIFA. And I really love my music.

You already made the Choice of MW2. Don't you remember?

You can get the speakers for Christmas anyways.

Good point my friend.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=121800

PC gamers don't have dedicated servers. The PC MW2 community is going nuts about it. Even though I don't play on PC (I play on Xbox 360), I feel sorry for the PC gamers. One good thing about the PC was the availability of non-random matchmaking and creating servers with rules, etc. Now the MW2 devs are just going to run the servers and there is going to be random matchmaking.

PC gamers basically got shafted 3 ways by Infinity Ward:

1. They raised the price for MW2 on PC's from $49.99 to $59.99, the same as consoles even though PC games are usually cheaper.

2. They don't have any hardened or prestige editions for PC.

3. No dedicated servers for PC.

Heh, so many PC people have said they have canceled their pre-order and they're just going to pirate the game off a torrent site to get back at Infinity Ward.

That's a very good way for IW to just not make PC games in the future.

It always looked to me like they were going to give by far the most support to the Xbox 360 version of the game but I didn't expect them to so royally screw over the PC version.

Well it'll save me $60.

No dedicated servers is probably what made MW2 so appealing for competitive play. Without it, there is no need for me to play CoD.

Yeah I was on the fence about MW2 already, [bleep] that [cabbage] though.

That's really [bleep]ing stupid.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I don't have a 360, and I've only played this game once at a friend's house.

That being said, I've watched a few videos on YouTube and I really don't understand how you people can fire when you can't even see the target? I'm staring at the video screen and I'm thinking to myself, "How the hell did you know somebody was there?" And I think they were out of radar range too.

:mellow:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

There's at least two other classified/unrevealed deathstreaks.

Oh yeah I know that. The deathstreaks are still supposed to be limited though.

I learned about the coolest thing a week or two ago. There's a Spec Ops mission that brings back the snowmobile: You race the computer or some friends on your snowmobiles to various objectives all over a snowy mountain. It looks awesome.

Edit: Ouch, holy [cabbage]. Sorry PC guys. In all honesty at this point I'd suggest trying to tweet to Robert Bowling over the matter. I'd assume it's set in stone at this point but you never know. I actually have a Twitter account just to follow and respond to community managers like fourzerotwo.

There's at least two other classified/unrevealed deathstreaks.

Oh yeah I know that. The deathstreaks are still supposed to be limited though.

I learned about the coolest thing a week or two ago. There's a Spec Ops mission that brings back the snowmobile: You race the computer or some friends on your snowmobiles to various objectives all over a snowy mountain. It looks awesome.

Edit: Ouch, holy [cabbage]. Sorry PC guys. In all honesty at this point I'd suggest trying to tweet to Robert Bowling over the matter. I'd assume it's set in stone at this point but you never know. I actually have a Twitter account just to follow and respond to community managers like fourzerotwo.

Yeah you can shoot your spec ops partner and make his screen all bloody and push him into trees and stuff it was all in this sweet video. I don't remember which one lol

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

Already pre-ordered from the cheapest retailer in the UK. Can't wait... Playing cod4 again so I'm ready for when the MW2 comes out.

sig5235ro7.jpg

I don't have a 360, and I've only played this game once at a friend's house.

That being said, I've watched a few videos on YouTube and I really don't understand how you people can fire when you can't even see the target? I'm staring at the video screen and I'm thinking to myself, "How the hell did you know somebody was there?" And I think they were out of radar range too.

:mellow:

Most of the videos you see are people who play a lot and know where people usually run past or camp, and they'll have taken a hell of a lot of shots which won't have hit anyone and put the one that does on their montage. 99% of the time you'll have seen the person you kill.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Already pre-ordered from the cheapest retailer in the UK. Can't wait... Playing cod4 again so I'm ready for when the MW2 comes out.

Wherewherewhere?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

The game just got a 18 BBFC rating, don't know what that'll mean for Germany and Australia who are particularly strict with violent games.

What's the cheapest place to pre-order?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

What's the cheapest place to pre-order?

If you trade in COD4 in GAME you can pre-order MW2 for half price.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

Wherewherewhere?

http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/58724-modern-warfare-2-%28call-of-duty%29--for-x360#STS=g0dvqhhl.102f

They claim to have the cheapest UK price and they appear to be right, can't find anywhere else cheaper. They ship it so you have it for the day of release so it ticks all my boxes.

sig5235ro7.jpg

MW 24/7 (great site for MW2 news) made an article on the dedicated servers thing on the PC. Bowling (community manager), Zampella (IW CEO) and West (project leader) all explain why they made the switch from dedicated servers to matchmaking (IWNet).

Tl;dr? Basically, it wasn't too piss off hardcore gamers, but to help the less hardcore ones, the casual gamers that were just looking to play a game without spending half an hour finding a good server first. It'll throw you into a game with players of the same skill (not necessarily rank) and allow IW to control the servers better (so there's less cheating.) They say people still have the possibility to make a private match, in which they can tweak game settings to their liking, so if you want to have clan training or whatever, you can still do so.

Again and again during our conversation, West and Zampella hammer the point that hardcore PC players lose very little to this change relative to the returns that casual to moderate fans will see.

I think people were also pissed that they weren't going to release mod tools for the game. People may be overeacting, but any advantage the PC version might have had has been lost.

anybody who thinks this is anything other than a gigantic "[bleep] YOU" to the PC crowd is completly and utterly moronic.

This is so they can charge for DLC plain and simple, and an idiotic attempt to stop piracy.

This has absolutely nothing to do with a "better experience" or "making it easier for less hardcore players".

Simply, if that was their aim, then they would be trying to cater to a demographic which simply doesnt exist, and I'm pretty sure, as dirty, underhanded and downright scum as activision are, they arent that stupid.

Edited by Kcdragon8116
Don't evade the censor.

Tk5SF.png

anybody who thinks this is anything other than a gigantic "BLEEEEEP YOU" to the PC crowd is completly and utterly moronic.

This is so they can charge for DLC plain and simple, and an idiotic attempt to stop piracy.

This has absolutely nothing to do with a "better experience" or "making it easier for less hardcore players".

Simply, if that was their aim, then they would be trying to cater to a demographic which simply doesnt exist, and I'm pretty sure, as dirty, underhanded and downright scum as activision are, they arent that stupid.

I think they said some time ago that DLC would not be free for PC users.

Whilst I think people have a legitimate right to be pissed off at this I think its wrong to direct rage at IW, when its Activision pulling the strings and who almost certainly came up with this idea.