25th February 2009-Random Event Update and More

psvstef

Rewards

Whenever you successfully complete a random event, you will be given a random event gift box. (The only exception to this is the Maze event.) Inside the box will be a selection of items, from which you can choose one reward. Gift boxes will always contain a selection of coins, runes, coal, essence, ore, bars, gems, herbs, seeds, and charms for you to choose from. In addition to this, some gift boxes will give you the choice of costume points, which can be exchanged for part of an outfit with Iffie at Thessalia's clothes shop in Varrock.

Does this mean the end of genie lamps and knowledge books?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rewards

Whenever you successfully complete a random event, you will be given a random event gift box. (The only exception to this is the Maze event.) Inside the box will be a selection of items, from which you can choose one reward. Gift boxes will always contain a selection of coins, runes, coal, essence, ore, bars, gems, herbs, seeds, and charms for you to choose from. In addition to this, some gift boxes will give you the choice of costume points, which can be exchanged for part of an outfit with Iffie at Thessalia's clothes shop in Varrock.

Does this mean the end of genie lamps and knowledge books?

If you read fully it says the surprise exam still gives out knowledge books and that reward boxes can give genie lamps

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I guess strange fruits are getting rare, since they removed the strange plant, so the chaos element is the only place to get them now..

people should really read the news before posting.

Strange plants now freely grow in sw brimhaven and supply their fruit to people who pass by and collect them

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I used a total of 12 gift boxes and used the mystery box option and didnt get anything but onions, cabbage, best thing was a steel plate and 20 natures lol.

I guess I'll just save my 50 other mystery boxes for the future.

Low_C.png

I guess strange fruits are getting rare, since they removed the strange plant, so the chaos element is the only place to get them now..

people should really read the news before posting.

Strange plants now freely grow in sw brimhaven and supply their fruit to people who pass by and collect them

Knowing of their energy-restorative properties, this is a bit surprising. Not that they left the free fruit in the game, but that they left such useful free fruit in the game.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

If you read fully it says the surprise exam still gives out knowledge books and that reward boxes can give genie lamps

Care to find a link to the article or page in question as I've just searched the news article, the knowledge base article and the knowledge base and can't find a single reference of either of them.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Care to find a link to the article or page in question as I've just searched the news article, the knowledge base article and the knowledge base and can't find a single reference of either of them.

Quick find code: 15-16-921-58444934

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

There are still stranger plant familiars who forage the fruit.

And strange plants on brimhaven

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The news article says more info on forums.

The more info is under qf: 15-16-921-58444934

This states:

"What are the rewards from the random events?

When you complete most random events, you'll be rewarded with a random event gift box. The gift box opens to reveal a list of things you can have, potentially including coins, a genie lamp, gems, essence, ore, bars, seeds, herbs and charms, plus the option to unlock emotes and claim costume rewards if the random event offered that sort of thing.

The reward item options are randomised, but players with higher skill totals will generally get offered significantly better rewards, especially if they have a good record of passing random events.

If you select the costume option, you'll get points saved up towards that costume set. These points may be exchanged for the costume items by talking to Iffie, the old lady in Thessalia's clothes shop in Varrock. Members might prefer not to exchange their points for costume items until they have enough points to claim the entire costume at once, which they can then store in their house's costume room without using up bank space.

The Maze event doesn't give a random event gift box. We've left its rewards unchanged. Interestingly, the Maze's rewards already did depend on your skill total. The Surprise Exam random event remains the only event to offer a book of knowledge."

See genie lamps and knowledge books

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Just got a pinball random.

Because I'm stupid I forgot to take screens.

Options were something like:

607gp, mystery box, lamp, grimy kwuam, 37 pure essence, 2 gold charms, coal

Can't remember what else, but there were 12 things to choose from I believe, the 6 the same as the frog token boxes and 6 extra.

I picked the lamp and a genie appeared to give it to me :D

Frog token gift boxes (ALL):

520 coins OR

26 water runes OR

4 sweetcorn seed OR

2 gold charms OR

mystery box OR

1 costume point

Took 20 GC... Nothing better IMO.

Anyways, if you haven't noticed, since the update you can no longer appeal an offense (404 error)

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Just had a seargant random. Some of the options: 600-ish gold, 27 nature runes, 33 pure essence, 5 addy ores, 22 coal, 8 mith bars, 2 grimy dwarf weed, exp lamp, diamond, 4 sweetcorn seeds, mystery box, blue charms.

M_A_R_T.png

Thanks Paw_Claw for clearing that up.

Jagex should ensure the data they publicly/officially announce on the forums goes into the knowledge base ASAP as it can cause a lot of issues.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Got the new sandwich lady already!

Wooot for a new song :P (she also has a donut (shaped) new item in stock).

Her random-reward gave me some more options: pure essence, and xp lamp where the options. (there were 2 more options, but forgot to take a screeny).

The xp lamp "summoned" a genie-random, and it was exactly the same xp as I would've gotten from a genie..

I also noticed that my money gain raised by "1" after that random (no other raise though)! - But this could this could also be thanks to my total level increase (1 at that time), however I've raised another 3 levels and the money didn't raise.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Thanks Paw_Claw for clearing that up.

Jagex should ensure the data they publicly/officially announce on the forums goes into the knowledge base ASAP as it can cause a lot of issues.

I agree, but I'm not surprised. They always lag behind on their "Knowledge Base" which is now nothing more than a glorified site search. (I miss the way it was before, separate like the GEDB is.)

When I saw that these minor updates were delayed, I was really hoping Jagex would add a "Price Check Bank" feature to this batch of updates.

Ah well, what can ya do. 3 The random rework was nice, and I cbf'd about the quest journal thing because I have a quest point cape.

hzvjpwS.gif