25th February 2009-Random Event Update and More

psvstef

I've only had one random so far. I got offered 1 blue charm as a possible reward so I took the XP lamp (780 exp) and used it on summoning instead. The best blue pouch I can make atm is the Adamant Minotaur and thats only 668.8 exp.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the new random system. Only had one, the dragon teacher, and the rewards offered were OK. Obviously I chose the tome of knowledge but there were some pretty decent rewards on there to choose from.

As for them teleporting you away from the area I think the pros of this far outweights cons. It's only really when fighting it is an issue, and even then this gradually gets less and less as you progress through the levels. I prefer monsters to be aggro these days as it makes it easier to semi-afk them so these randoms offer me a better way to make them so.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I'm really hating this update :x Random events and the rewards are meant to be random...

Do you know if you have a mime random, drill sergeant and other randoms that give out costumes, if you don't have the full set...will you get a piece of the costume, or will you get a box in which you'll have to chose 'save up for costume'?

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

I'm really hating this update :x Random events and the rewards are meant to be random...

Do you know if you have a mime random, drill sergeant and other randoms that give out costumes, if you don't have the full set...will you get a piece of the costume, or will you get a box in which you'll have to chose 'save up for costume'?

Yes, random events are supposed to be random, and now they are even more random. You can get any random no matter what you're doing, so no predicting here.

The rewards however, ARE NOT supposed to be random. Where did you get that from? Of course they could be random, but noone ever said they have to be random. And if you're so diehard about randomness then there's still a RANDOM selection of items to choose for, you just get to choose the one from the RANDOM selection that fits you well.

About the costumes: I'm fairly sure that you get the box, choose "Save up for a costume" and then receive one part of the costume that you just did a random for.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Um, actually if you get events less often because you complete them successfully and then you get different randoms so that you don't always get the same random, isn't this the exact opposite of the word "random?" :?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Um, actually if you get events less often because you complete them successfully and then you get different randoms so that you don't always get the same random, isn't this the exact opposite of the word "random?" :?

Thats true, but you still could get any event 5 times in a row. It's not like a pre set sequence.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I'm not saying it's pre-set, but it's not random. It never really was. Remember if you were in a crowd and 10-20 people got randoms within a minute of each other? That's not exactly random.

There are set parameters, but they're few and the rest is left to chance. It is still not nor has it ever been, "random."

I guess all the teleporting really is ripping apart the fabric of space time. Look how much large that area of the Abyss got in such a short period. It's only a matter of time until it destroys everything. :ohnoes:

I doubt there are that many, but you got to believe there must be at least a few RS players that don't read the updates and smoke a lot of pot while they play. I'd love to see them get one of the new Sandwich Lady or Abyssal Teleport randoms.

They'd be like, "Whoaaa, this stuff is messing me up." :shock:

http://i43.tinypic.com/28slhqs.png[/mg]

Free 21k for about 30 seconds of work :twss:

That's not the plain box is it??

The rewards offered to me sucked compared to those...

I ended up just trading for 112 Gold Charms (56 boxes)... :|

No, that was from a Drill Demon random.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

Oh thank the lord. Sometimes I'd misclick on the wrong lever because they were so close together...

That is a little bit overkill in expansion, but yay no more misclicking! <3

Maybe the person who it was assigned to was annoyed at being asked so they went completely overboard. "They want it bigger?... I'll make it bigger."

Wow, I'd just like to say that these last two days have been really... quiet. Usually when training at zombie monkeys I get a tele-random like every 3 trips (i.e, every 30 minutes -.-). I haven't been on much, but wow, I've done a LOT more than 3 trips, and I've only gotten the pirate one. And that got me a quick 830 summoning exp. This update is awesome. Especially since I can walk away from my computer now without having to worry about getting killed by one of the stupid, annoying attacking randoms; I just get teled, safely, to some other place. Of course out of force of habit I'll probably still be a bit paranoid for a while... :lol:

newrandomforf2pers.jpg

I'm all f2p - but I just got the pillory random. Are they all f2p now?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I like the new random update. I'm getting more variety and less randoms; but when I do get the randoms I can get exp every time :D Soo beats 500 gp :P :mrgreen:

-=EB World=-

-Sara - 13 hilt 43 ss

-Bandos - 1 BCP, 1 Hilt

newrandomforf2pers.jpg

I'm all f2p - but I just got the pillory random. Are they all f2p now?

I think they are.

What are the possible rewards on f2p anyways?

Most of the same stuff I think; I'm f2p until monday or tuesday and i've only gotten the mime random which looked like it had the same or close to the same rewards as p2p, including emote and exp.

-=EB World=-

-Sara - 13 hilt 43 ss

-Bandos - 1 BCP, 1 Hilt