"Eww, you play RuneScape?"

JustPokemon

personally i dont think theres anything wrong with playing rs. its much more simple than other mmorpg's, way less expensive, and in my opinion, a hell of alot more fun. im 16 and only a very few people know i play, mostly because im more a part of the "in-crowd" who tend to think games such as rs are only for nerds.. but ya know what? i have a life, and i spend much more time in that than i do in runescape. so i dont really care what others think about it.

the other thing i wanna point out is that a few kinda nerdy kids (no offense) in my 6th period play wow, and they know i play rs, and they make fun of me and try to tell me that its more nerdy than wow. i have a good laugh everytime that happens. then i shake my head and flirt with all the girls in the class :D it tends to shut them up.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i dont think theres anything wrong with playing rs. its much more simple than other mmorpg's, way less expensive, and in my opinion, a hell of alot more fun. im 16 and only a very few people know i play, mostly because im more a part of the "in-crowd" who tend to think games such as rs are only for nerds.. but ya know what? i have a life, and i spend much more time in that than i do in runescape. so i dont really care what others think about it.

the other thing i wanna point out is that a few kinda nerdy kids (no offense) in my 6th period play wow, and they know i play rs, and they make fun of me and try to tell me that its more nerdy than wow. i have a good laugh everytime that happens. then i shake my head and flirt with all the girls in the class :D it tends to shut them up.

Wow you're my clone!!!!

Only less ashamed of playing RS :oops:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

Wow you're my clone!!!!

Only less ashamed of playing RS

lol i might not be as ashamed of it but that doesnt mean i go around telling everyone i play runescape ;)

meh the games addicting as hell whadda u gonna do.. -.-

Omg. Creepy :P :lol:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

Wow you're my clone!!!!

Only less ashamed of playing RS

lol i might not be as ashamed of it but that doesnt mean i go around telling everyone i play runescape ;)

Omg. Creepy :P :lol:

whyzat?

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

lol it can get pretty addicting, but thats why I went back to F2P -.-

Im thinking of getting addicted to CoD4, then CoD6 when it comes out :XD:

meh, I joke about it at school. Tbh its made me 1-2 friends because I realised they played as well :)

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Yeah. I think it's quite annoying how when somebody finds out that I play runescape (I'm not hiding it from anyone) they all laugh and think I am the dumbest person to walk the planet. I only get to play 3 hours max a week! Jeez. The usual response goes like this, "WHAT?! You still play that? (all my friends used to, only one still does) Get a life!" Followed by laughing and smirking.

Why is runescape so hated by the gaming world? Nobody gets made fun of for being obsessed with xbox 360.......

vettro.png

Generally, people who play WoW are looked down upon. RS is looked to be the cheap and even lamer version of WoW. I can see why people would ridicule you.

I avoid it if it's not necessary. People ask me what I play on my comp, I say MMOs, FPSs, and RTSs and end it there. If they ask what MMOs, I say "fun ones" :roll: But I'll admit to playing RS in the end.

appraiching 21 and never been that bothered if people knoe wi play this game or not. was a massive WoW addict a bit back as had a lot of irl friends who played so we'd raid together and stuff, but we all kinda got bored with how much commitment (and the new ex) so called it a day, ive played this game since i was 15 on and off (mainly off) and love it tbh, great way to waste a few hours of my day :D

Athalus_1988.png

yep thats f2p..just waiting for my membership to expire

Most of my friends think Runescape is for 12-14 year old kids. So they laugh at me. I'll just shrug and laugh with them.

And thats the best attitude to go with. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

heh this brings back some memory's, i myself was 13 when I started playing this game(and mmorpg's in a whole)

but and I have had tons of friends that played it as well during the years and as I am 20 now I have gotten tons of people Whining about the fact that I still play that lame game when we are erhm your 13 right? having fun :roll:

anyway if you just say yes I play, care? or confront them with whatever they do you should be OK, the thing is if you lie about it and try to hide it, your screwed when they do find out because they know you care about it.

and as you are experiencing now, people like to make fun of others, just try to stand above it.

now go to bed, I am normally not fond of talking to "kiddies" hahaha :twisted: :twisted: you seem to have brain's tough ::'

heh this brings back some memory's, i myself was 13 when I started playing this game(and mmorpg's in a whole)

but and I have had tons of friends that played it as well during the years and as I am 20 now I have gotten tons of people Whining about the fact that I still play that lame game when we are erhm your 13 right? having fun :roll:

anyway if you just say yes I play, care? or confront them with whatever they do you should be OK, the thing is if you lie about it and try to hide it, your screwed when they do find out because they know you care about it.

and as you are experiencing now, people like to make fun of others, just try to stand above it.

now go to bed, I am normally not fond of talking to "kiddies" hahaha :twisted: :twisted: you seem to have brain's tough ::'

I think this was intended for me...

lol, thanks. I think the "Yes, I play, care?" would sort of work now, since I know theyre all back playing, again...

Im actually into CoD4 a lot now, and I talk about that with my friends a lot, so RS doesnt come up in many conversations now

Im actually 14 now, lol, and I do have brain's, not to brag ::'

If I didnt mention my age, I might have not been seen as a little kid, since people say I seem like Im around 20 years old when Im online..., but saying this does kind of make me look like a little kid ^^

Ok... I do have to say that I have very little respect for people who care about what others think of them to the extent that they would lie to their friends about playing an online game. I'm 19, and I have to say that my 15 year old brother thinks it's slightly uncool etc... But I don't care and I'd never lie about it. It's just a game after all.

I advise the original poster not to take this the wrong way...but as you mature you'll care less about what others think of you.

all my friends use to play rs but by now they have quit i did to but then i got back on and got really good. at first i didn't tell my friends cus they would make fun of me but then finally i realized something..... i don't care there all losers anyways so every chance i get i just bring it up and say how my acc could pwn there acc any day of the week or that i just got a bgs or something like so eventually they just didn't really care anymore i even got some of my friends back on. so overall im 14 i still play RS and POKEMON WHICH PWNS ALL THE WAY!!!!!! pm me if you agree.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I experience this constantly from people I know: I tend to discount them from the list of people that I call friends, but as a Canadian high school student, I offer advice to those entering high school: HIDE IT! Or you WILL be mocked, even by people who played a short while ago, and may even have introduced you to it.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Who cares what others think about you? It is always good to have a high self esteem, so you can say "screw you" (pardon my language) to anyone who thinks you are a nerd for playing such a game. As someone in this thread said earlier, you are at the point in you life where what others think of you is important. As you grow, that becomes less important. For the most part, being able to take all the crap people give you, and telling yourself they are stupid enough to insult others for no reason, is a valuable skill to possess.

"Nairage, maybe in hindsight you may be able to say this, but it is much harder as a teenager these days". I'm 14, and I've been through all this.

Again, if someone asks if you play Runescape, be honest and say yes. If they stop being your friend/ start being mean to you, who cares what your 7th/8th grade peers think of you? You probably won't see them again as you get older.

Nairage.png

Click on my stats for my no ppot barrows guide

I play Wow now.

In my short time I've done more in wow than I ever did on RS.

If you've ever played wow you know that the content can get hard (at the moment we have ulduar out which is a massive dungeon and we are gearing to get ready to take down one of the mose evil forces in wow, arthas the lich king.)

Now, the thing I most enjoy about wow is the lore, and its expansive abilities to grasp you and pull you into the lore.

you are part of the history and thats the fun part.

I may be weird, but I'm saving up to be eccentric!

I don't know if this thing only happens in the USA or not because I live in Australia and no one cared or cares that I play Runescape. And I'm 23. Everyone around me just sees it as another game and as my choice to play it or not. One thing I have noticed is that its mainly WoW players that have a go at Runescape players for still playing. In reply to them I just say, what? You call me a geek for playing a cheap $5 a month MMORPG while you sit at home playing an MMORPG that you spend $15 a month on!? You call me a geek yet you pay $15 a month for just a game?

That normally shuts them up lol :thumbsup:

Well, this one friends of mine plays wow too, and he always tells me I should play wow too. However, he comes up with private servers, so I cant use your "its cheaper" arguement. :-)

A few people I know play runescape, most just say "Ok then..." and leave it at that. I'm 16 btw, and I really could care less what people think. Although i do keep it to myself, unless something happens in game that I beleive is funny enough to get a laugh out of.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

• 2 weeks later...
I experience this constantly from people I know: I tend to discount them from the list of people that I call friends, but as a Canadian high school student, I offer advice to those entering high school: HIDE IT! Or you WILL be mocked, even by people who played a short while ago, and may even have introduced you to it.

who cares if you'll be mocked for it? it makes you really pathetic for caring about what people think of you to the extent that you'll hide something as small as a computer game from everyone...

i'd advise you to get a life, but i guess you won't until you mature. :roll: