"Eww, you play RuneScape?"

JustPokemon

People who make fun of you have their own insecurities, obviously.

No shame in any game you play. If you're having fun, then leave it at that. If they choose to make fun of you, tell 'em to shove it and in 5 years you'll all look back and have a good laugh. :thumbup:

top_lel_face.png

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been able to hide it away from the world until recently. Within the last month one of my friends barged into my home (which many of my friends do, it's quite rude) while I was online, and immediately began laughing at me. I made him take a solemn oath of secrecy not to tell anyone, which I think just encouraged him to spread it around. In the last week or so of school, I was getting a lot of smirks, and a few people actually came up to me and went "RuneScape? Really?"

I just ignore them, because most of the people poking fun at me are idiots who have their own secrets hidden away from the world. If I wanted to, I could probably exploit them just as badly as they have me, but I've done them the honor of keeping their secrets as well (even though I doubt they deserve it at this point.)

It gets annoying when people laugh at you for "wasting your life on a nerdy game" but eventually you realize that your real friends are the people who just ignore the fact and don't say anything about it.

That went on longer than I expected :lol:

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

I've been able to hide it away from the world until recently. Within the last month one of my friends barged into my home (which many of my friends do, it's quite rude) while I was online, and immediately began laughing at me. I made him take a solemn oath of secrecy not to tell anyone, which I think just encouraged him to spread it around. In the last week or so of school, I was getting a lot of smirks, and a few people actually came up to me and went "RuneScape? Really?"

I just ignore them, because most of the people poking fun at me are idiots who have their own secrets hidden away from the world. If I wanted to, I could probably exploit them just as badly as they have me, but I've done them the honor of keeping their secrets as well (even though I doubt they deserve it at this point.)

It gets annoying when people laugh at you for "wasting your life on a nerdy game" but eventually you realize that your real friends are the people who just ignore the fact and don't say anything about it.

That went on longer than I expected :lol:

Wow you have it bad! You should just look at them and ask if they've ever played members on a reasonable leveled character. If not, just say they should judge if they've only played the demo of the game.

If you're ashamed you play because YOU are ashamed, not because they make you feel ashamed, then don't play. Everything you do in life should be full out and with confidence. If you enjoy playing this game for whatever the reason, then sing it proudly and if someone tries to down you for it, then they aren't good enough to be in your life. You're better than they are, and hopefully they will learn how to properly act in social situations when they are let out of their cages by their parents.

I am 20 years old, I went to NYC and graduated from one of the best musical theatre conservatories in the world, and I am getting a career started and have made hundreds and hundres of friends along the way. All this time, guess what, I still play Runescape. Even with an acting career and a social life I find time to play because I enjoy it and it relaxes me. If someone asks what I do during my free time, I tell them. I play runescape. If they think that makes me nerdy or lazy or pathetic, then I just simply remind them how successful my life still is despite "being a video game nerd."

Be loud. Be proud.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

If you're ashamed you play because YOU are ashamed, not because they make you feel ashamed, then don't play. Everything you do in life should be full out and with confidence. If you enjoy playing this game for whatever the reason, then sing it proudly and if someone tries to down you for it, then they aren't good enough to be in your life. You're better than they are, and hopefully they will learn how to properly act in social situations when they are let out of their cages by their parents.

I am 20 years old, I went to NYC and graduated from one of the best musical theatre conservatories in the world, and I am getting a career started and have made hundreds and hundres of friends along the way. All this time, guess what, I still play Runescape. Even with an acting career and a social life I find time to play because I enjoy it and it relaxes me. If someone asks what I do during my free time, I tell them. I play runescape. If they think that makes me nerdy or lazy or pathetic, then I just simply remind them how successful my life still is despite "being a video game nerd."

Be loud. Be proud.

You are absolutely right, but unfortunately, most people (especially in high school) don't accept people who are different and will make fun of them for that reason. Does that make them stupid and annoying? Yes. Should you ignore them for it? Yes.

But unless you want to spend the rest of high school alone, the best way is just hide the fact that you play.

And if they do find out, tell them a couple of months later you quit ...

Well then you just don't have that great friends. Fortunately for me, I have only 2 friends, 1 of which still plays and the other is fine with it. And the friend's brother (who still plays) also plays. =D

What's a sig?

Be loud. Be proud.

You are absolutely right, but unfortunately, most people (especially in high school) don't accept people who are different and will make fun of them for that reason. Does that make them stupid and annoying? Yes. Should you ignore them for it? Yes.

But unless you want to spend the rest of high school alone, the best way is just hide the fact that you play.

And if they do find out, tell them a couple of months later you quit ...

If you really feel that way then either you are very, VERY insecure with yourself or you just have the worst friends ever. Real friends accept you for who you are, and honestly, if you can't be who you really are in front of the world than you're just a coward. My opinion, though.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

If you really feel that way then either you are very, VERY insecure with yourself or you just have the worst friends ever. Real friends accept you for who you are, and honestly, if you can't be who you really are in front of the world than you're just a coward. My opinion, though.

I can agree with this. In that sense, I am not a coward.

Dude I know how you feel, Im 17 turning 18 in October, Going to college and starting the rest of my life. I still play Runescape ^-^ Im lvl 99 f2p ftw.

My friends know I play, most of my friends used to play and most still think Runescape rocks, but they moved on, i haven't ^-^ I dont care either, Im even trying to get a job in the UK with Jagex since Im majoring in computer science in college. Nerds ftw.

Dont let children get you down, be who you are, and do what you like.