Farming Revolution? Will people actually use allotments now?

Rahila

So, as most of you probably don't know, leprachauns at farmining allotments now will note your harvests for you. This is an extremely useful update that occured with the random event update. All you have to do is use your unidentified herbs, lipwurts, or fruits on the leprachaun and he will note all of them in your inventory, so say goodbye to having to bank during your farming run!

EDIT: I just checked the health and picked the fruit off my papaya tree, leprachauns will note your fruit tree harvests too :thumbsup:

But heres the real question...

As for me, I always do herb runs everyday but never bothered with allotments because i would just drop all of the harvests. This new update makes farming fruits MUCH easier, and I think farming sweetcorn or watermelons on every herb run would add up to A LOT more xp.

So do you think it's worth planting fruits now along with herbs?

Even if it's not, being able to exchange herbs for noted herbs is EXTREMELY useful...good job jagex :thumbsup:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow big update in my eyes.

Saves playing around with baskets and allows you to do a full run without banking.

Nice.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Yah! No more banking while farming \'

10/10 for JaGEx!

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

My friend with 99 farming is not amused :lol:

I love it personally. I did some Torstols with a Stranger Plant and missed the Terrorbird's space. Now it isn't required. Also screw buying baskets for my strawberries, I can note them all as I go.

Brilliant update.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

My friend with 99 farming is not amused :lol:

I'm not amused either :-#

It's kinda good though, makes farming herbs a whole lot easier.

I did lots of my xp from farming strawberries and dropping them all, now if i had this option i would of easily gained 100 or so strawberries a run, 5 or so a day for 6 months *cries*

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

It just makes farming a bit easier. This is not a revolutionnary feature that would separate the 99 farmers before and after like some skills got. I will certainly use them more especially since I got 69 summon lately and use my fruit bat a lot to gather strawberry and watermelon seeds. Appreciated, but not game-breaking. pretty nice updates so far this year, making lots of minor improvements to the gameplay.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

It's extremely useful, but I can only see this shooting up the price of allotment seeds even more.

making thieving seeds more profitable and fruit bats more profitable... added incentive to gather seeds.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

JUST SAW THIS UPDATE AND I JI-- nah, won't go there.

Oh my god this is going to make my farming so much easier. Maybe I'll finally start using that familiar that gives the double harvests on fruit trees or whatever. But this owns. Promotion to whoever made this update and/or thought of it pls?

I feel sorry for those with 99 farming though >.< Maybe people will start using hops though... it is practically free experience, after all. But finally, I won't have to bank so much when doing my runs or worry about inventory space when getting the watermelunz. Finallyyyyy. Now I just gotta stop being lazy about doing the runs too... this could be my incentive, lawl.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

It's extremely useful, but I can only see this shooting up the price of allotment seeds even more.

making thieving seeds more profitable and fruit bats more profitable... added incentive to gather seeds.

Why are fruit bats more usefull now? They drop allotment seeds?

I'm a bit annoyed that they don't note grimy herbs, I guess I'll save them up in my bank and clean them when I use them...meh.

Overall a nice update, I didn't know this. It wasn't on the man page IIRC. With the option to choose sweetcorn seeds from random event boxes I got from the frog tokens, this is great! I used to do tomatoes because the seeds are cheap and it doesn't matter wether you bank them or not, now I bank them all!!!!! 100k tomatoes HERE I COME!!!!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I'm a bit annoyed that they don't note grimy herbs, I guess I'll save them up in my bank and clean them when I use them...meh.

They do note grimy herbs.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

No chance.

The vast majority of Runescape players are combat focused. Those that do dabble in skilling level for quests and then go back to Soul Wars/Pest Control/Armoured Zombies.

Farming isn't a well liked skill and this won't make people flock to it. A lot of people just do herbs and this update doesn't really effect them much as it was possible to farm all 5 patches with a Terrorbird and just 1 bank.

As it was you could still bank allotments very easily with a Terrorbird and some baskets. This is just a nice bonus for those who do farm.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!