27th February - Temporary Closure of Bounty Hunter Craters

BiJay

We have temporarily closed the entrances to the Bounty Hunter craters while we fix a few problems with it. Broadly speaking, we are looking to fix the following issues:

* The level-matching system wasnt working at all well, with players often ending up in unfair battles they were unlikely to win.

* With the launch of PvP worlds, Bounty Hunter suddenly became less populated, which meant the bounty mechanic stopped working properly. We still love the idea of a bounty mechanic with players being given targets, but we think it can be done so much better, especially given what we have now learnt from PvP worlds.

* Real-world trading was occurring at quieter times of the day.

Dont worry, Bounty Hunter isnt disappearing forever - were just disabling it while we fix the problems. Bounty Hunter will be back. :)

We do not intend to reset the hiscores tables associated with the minigame, and will make sure that everyones hard work on those hiscores is not lost.

You will still be able to use the Bounty Hunter bank and the games necklace teleport to the area.

Mod Mark

Lead Designer - RuneScape

[404] Signature not found.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this'll mean more creators at different levels?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I hope they fire Mandrith. He didn't do that great of a job of finding RWT'ers and roundhouse kicking them...Or am I thinking of Chuck Norris?

If they update Bounty Hunter to repel real world traders, they'll have lost yet another form of transfer, leaving only junk trading (which Jagex says isn't an issue, at least they say that for now) account selling (nothing you can do but try to detect ip changes) power leveling (same) and maybe pvp drop tricks (I think they said that wasn't an issue either).

It'd be interesting if they found a way to give players more incentive to kill those who might be transferring. Real world traders usually take just one very expensive item in just in case they get broken up, so making someone like that a global target to players with one item or one item that's amazingly expensive over everything else they're carrying might help break back RWT'ing and get rid of the incentive to 1-item. We all win.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Bounty Hunter should have been re-done after the PvP update.

The whole purpose of Bounty Hunter and Clan Wars was to re-create the whole Pk'ing feeling.

Admittedly Clan Wars is now in a league of its own due to the Clan updates.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Before anyone posts that image of the limit being 5m worth of items and only getting 50%-80% of loot, its a fake.

Anyways, they're probably gonna make it smaller...or maybe make it so that you are randomly matched up with someone else in a 1v1 fight. Either way, people are gonna be annoyed. Duo Bandos will be dead -- it's damn near impossible to do a duo trip without getting crashed in an LS world.

Either way, I have no idea whats going to happen, just that a lot of people probably aren't going to like it.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Wow, Jagex is awfully slow...

Before anyone posts that image of the limit being 5m worth of items and only getting 50%-80% of loot, its a fake.

Anyways, they're probably gonna make it smaller...or maybe make it so that you are randomly matched up with someone else in a 1v1 fight. Either way, people are gonna be annoyed. Duo Bandos will be dead -- it's damn near impossible to do a duo trip without getting crashed in an LS world.

Either way, I have no idea whats going to happen, just that a lot of people probably aren't going to like it.

What?

This could be good :ohnoes:

It's a mixed blessing. I know that a lot of the problems with BH are "RWT"ing...but some of the people that transfer there AREN'T selling RS Gold for cash. Some of them are trying to keep alive gift-giving, people helping others after being hacked, etc. Basically, they used the flaws of the current system to cope with the trade limitations placed on the game.

Now that it's being removed, I'm a little happy and a little sad at the same time.

hzvjpwS.gif

Overall, a very good thing I think.

I wonder if this will mean more craters.

How to stop the RWTing there? Change the drops to the current pking system?

If that would happen, there would be no more reason to fight in BH imo.

I hope multiple craters will stop it (a lot).

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

I never used it but i know of people transferring sara sets etc via the f2p worlds, so yeah I think it's about time, not sure how they can removed RWT as the above poster said, they've already stopped dragonstone trading in Thzaar, maybe make it so the loot you pick up effects the timer going out so if its above a certain amount you have longer before you leave not a clue :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

If Bounty Hunter comes back with trade limits, I'm done with this game. The fact that one very small area of the game cannot be monitored shows that Jagex is hopless at enforcing policy. I'll play a game with management that does not make its customers pay for their failures or moral agendas.

As for the suggestion to kill RWTers, its already painfully obvious when a RWT is taking place. No one does it. That probably has some thing to do with the fact that they are aiming to play the game, not enforce Jagex's unenforced rules and policies.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

If Bounty Hunter comes back with trade limits, I'm done with this game. The fact that one very small area of the game cannot be monitored shows that Jagex is hopless at enforcing policy. I'll play a game with management that does not make its customers pay for their failures or moral agendas.

As for the suggestion to kill RWTers, its already painfully obvious when a RWT is taking place. No one does it. That probably has some thing to do with the fact that they are aiming to play the game, not enforce Jagex's unenforced rules and policies.

What's your solution?

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

What's your solution?

OWNED :twisted:

What's your solution?

It's not my job to figure out how Jagex should enforce their rules. Thats their job. That is how it works in just about every other MMORPG online.

They made BH for the purpose of forcing PKing into a small area that was easy to control. They then restricted it heavily, but they failed.

My solution to to leave the game if BH has a trade limit. I will be replaced by another 9-year-old who doesn't miss something he never had. I am not a game developoer, I don't work for Jagex. I am someone who plays games, and I will go find a game that can enforce rules. RuneScape is the only mmorpg where the problem is so severe that the game is put in danger of shutting down.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

[hide=]

What's your solution?

It's not my job to figure out how Jagex should enforce their rules. Thats their job. That is how it works in just about every other MMORPG online.

They made BH for the purpose of forcing PKing into a small area that was easy to control. They then restricted it heavily, but they failed.

My solution to to leave the game if BH has a trade limit. I will be replaced by another 9-year-old who doesn't miss something he never had. I am not a game developoer, I don't work for Jagex. I am someone who plays games, and I will go find a game that can enforce rules. RuneScape is the only mmorpg where the problem is so severe that the game is put in danger of shutting down.

[/hide]

I would prefer the 9 year old TBH :lol: And GL with finding a game that can Enforce RWT.

And you cant be serious saying Rwt does not happen in Bounty, I see it all the time during quite periods + theres plenty of evidence to prove it.

Its not jagex that are ruining the game its the people who buy gold and items that are the cause.

Anyway ontopic,

I think it needs change. BH is used for pretty much all of RWT these days, Just looking at a few gold sites and read their methods proves that. It's just a logical step forward to get it sorted as they did with Tzhaar Dstones.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!