27th February - Temporary Closure of Bounty Hunter Craters

BiJay

I have lost alot of respect for Jagex in the past few months. Yeah, they've done some good (Like banning penguin abusers)...

Like others, I am curious as to how badly they are going to screw this up and look forward to the entertaining riots.

EDIT: Look at the current PvP worlds. They're bogus. It always great to kill someone skulled with full Bandos and get a few Pizzas and a Amulet of Glory.

09144a99bb.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly in news they said "PVP is everywhere" which is true, but the good old pking that exist in every game that has with PVP...

Does not exist in Runescape except BH and even there it's so limited. PVP gives stupid drops to players like hell...

It's better off boss hunting if you ask me. As for gems at Tzhaar, why don't they just remove that?

I so wanna slap myself in face.

Dragon gem: 1.5K Tokkul....

I had tons tokkul at many points and did not know this :? :? :? :?

Now they are 72K Tokkul each so it seems O.o Who is gonna buy them rofl.

How are they going to fix the RWT in BH? REMOVE IT OBVIOUSLY! :roll:

That will ruin Pking for P2P. I know in F2P chances of getting someone killed is 1 in 20. But in P2P it's normal and with ags , claw etc...u can kill someone very fast.

So from where i stand P2P should stay, and F2P should go. But then again that would not be fair for F2Ps who love BH.

That will ruin Pking for P2P. I know in F2P chances of getting someone killed is 1 in 20. But in P2P it's normal and with ags , claw etc...u can kill someone very fast.

So from where i stand P2P should stay, and F2P should go. But then again that would not be fair for F2Ps who love BH.

Origionally, there was PKing anywhere.( not just on pointless worlds that very few people go to)

Then it was in the wilderness only.

Then It was BH only.

And now, as of this moment, you can't PK in runescape anywhere. Every update is bad for PKers, and I have always figured that it was only a matter of time before Bounty Hunter was removed.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Origionally, there was PKing anywhere.( not just on pointless worlds that very few people go to)

Then It was BH only.

Have you heard of those worlds where you can kill people anywhere, oh what are they called...ooh...ahh oh i know, PVP worlds :roll:

Good pkers can make alot of bick bucks there, it's practically the same except you just need to be a better pker to make money. People always say they want high level challenging updates don't they?

And now, as of this moment, you can't PK in runescape anywhere. Every update is bad for PKers, and I have always figured that it was only a matter of time before Bounty Hunter was removed.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Then It was BH only.

Have you heard of those worlds where you can kill people anywhere, oh what are they called...ooh...ahh oh i know, PVP worlds :roll:

Good pkers can make alot of bick bucks there, it's practically the same except you just need to be a better pker to make money. People always say they want high level challenging updates don't they?

That's true, but still the game sucks. Because it's not free pking.

You kill someone with ags, u get ags.

You kill someone in PVP with ags, and full bandos.....you get glory?

All i know is that the system is easy to use if you wanna do PVP trick, where pkers might not get as much as they deserve.

Being in PVP is a big risk if u ask me, anyone can rush you as you pick up your drops from a kill. So whatever....

Jagex is to ANTI RWT. If they keep this up, the game will be ruined in serveal ways...and it would be a matter of time before that happens.

They took tons RWT away, yet they keep ANTing which makes the game less fun for some players. I know i took huge blow from TRADELIMIT. How much much sacrificies must players do?

Personally id never go BH unless if it was just for fun of it and i think F2P BH is stupidest thing ever created. But P2P i am sure works well because of the great weapons, and i am sure many players enjoy P2P BH.

Like Ying and Yang, Good and Evil, Darkness and Light...etc if you destroy one the balance will be interupted and the remaining one will die out. In other words, if Jagex don't stop with ANTI RWT soon enough, game will be a step towards end for players.

It's not my job to figure out how Jagex should enforce their rules. Thats their job. That is how it works in just about every other MMORPG online.

They made BH for the purpose of forcing PKing into a small area that was easy to control. They then restricted it heavily, but they failed.

My solution to to leave the game if BH has a trade limit. I will be replaced by another 9-year-old who doesn't miss something he never had. I am not a game developoer, I don't work for Jagex. I am someone who plays games, and I will go find a game that can enforce rules. RuneScape is the only mmorpg where the problem is so severe that the game is put in danger of shutting down.

It's not your job to offer a solution when you disagree with the current choice, but it is your job to whine about it?

If you didn't like the restrictions to the game that were made a year or so ago, I don't know why you bothered coming back. You're only wasting your time, your money, and your breath if you think you can convince anyone (not just Jagex) that [Jagex] is doing a bad job with handling RWT.

RuneScape's rule enforcement is among some of the strictest I've seen. If you don't believe that, go to some other MMO or some other game, where the rules aren't enforced nearly as well. I'll even pack your bags for you.

All i know is that the system is easy to use if you wanna do PVP trick, where pkers might not get as much as they deserve.

Being in PVP is a big risk if u ask me, anyone can rush you as you pick up your drops from a kill. So whatever....

Jagex is to ANTI RWT. If they keep this up, the game will be ruined in serveal ways...and it would be a matter of time before that happens.

They took tons RWT away, yet they keep ANTing which makes the game less fun for some players. I know i took huge blow from TRADELIMIT.

Free PKing just isn't possible anymore, thanks to RWT. The game isn't being ruined by PvP world drops, either - it makes it less of a pick and choose option from a safe spot; it's truly kill whatever moves.

I've said it a year ago, and I'll say it again: If the game wasn't ruined when the first round of anti-RWT updates occurred, then this is not going to ruin anything, either.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It's not my job to figure out how Jagex should enforce their rules. Thats their job. That is how it works in just about every other MMORPG online.

They made BH for the purpose of forcing PKing into a small area that was easy to control. They then restricted it heavily, but they failed.

My solution to to leave the game if BH has a trade limit. I will be replaced by another 9-year-old who doesn't miss something he never had. I am not a game developoer, I don't work for Jagex. I am someone who plays games, and I will go find a game that can enforce rules. RuneScape is the only mmorpg where the problem is so severe that the game is put in danger of shutting down.

It's not your job to offer a solution when you disagree with the current choice, but it is your job to whine about it?

If you didn't like the restrictions to the game that were made a year or so ago, I don't know why you bothered coming back. You're only wasting your time, your money, and your breath if you think you can convince anyone (not just Jagex) that [Jagex] is doing a bad job with handling RWT.

RuneScape's rule enforcement is among some of the strictest I've seen. If you don't believe that, go to some other MMO or some other game, where the rules aren't enforced nearly as well. I'll even pack your bags for you.

They took tons RWT away, yet they keep ANTing which makes the game less fun for some players. I know i took huge blow from TRADELIMIT.

Free PKing just isn't possible anymore, thanks to RWT. The game isn't being ruined by PvP world drops, either - it makes it less of a pick and choose option from a safe spot; it's truly kill whatever moves.

I've said it a year ago, and I'll say it again: If the game wasn't ruined when the first round of anti-RWT updates occurred, then this is not going to ruin anything, either.

I haven't said that i mind the change, but if more ANTI RWT comes after BH...then i will probably quit game and play something else or do something more useful.

But i am just saying, i like the game just don't want it to be completely changed because Jagex wants to kill some RWTers so i hope game won't mess up.

There's many ways it has affect everyone, so after BH. If Jagex says "We are updating this to stop RWT" (Without a clear good reason) i would be furious.

I wonder if this was brought on because of the little timmy thing?

I hope Jagex add lootshare to all worlds now, otherwise legit people cant share the drops from boss monsters killed on non-ls worlds

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Nobody RWTs anymore... or at least, not on a scale large enough to give anybody a legitimate reason to be bothered by it.

Most people on RS need to quit worrying about other people and worry about themselves

If you weren't retired, I'd say you should have checked BH out for yourself at quiet times.

priest_wiz.png

I hope Jagex add lootshare to all worlds now, otherwise legit people cant share the drops from boss monsters killed on non-ls worlds

Jagex just dont want people to profit from their game by people RWTING

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

that would be very detrimental to people that solo bosses

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

I agree, however I do think LS worlds should be increased in numbers. There are alot more people out there that LS compared to the ones that don't, and LS teams crash non-LS worlds anyways so I don't see much of a difference. If anything, adding a few more LS worlds would benefit the Solo'ers more, as teams would be less likely to crash non-LS worlds.

@Sir Hemen

This is not meant to a flame as I don't expect a response to it. It is only my personal opinion.

If you don't like the direction the game is going, simply don't play the game anymore. Just except things how they are, and don't complain about it, as it wont get you anywhere but wasting your time complaining about it.

Jagex have very strongly said they are moving in an ANTI-RWT direction, if you expect them to change their views because a few people don't like it, it wont happen. They lost a huge user base when the wilderness was removed, but you still feel like your the majority wanting the wilderness back. Most of the people playing now lived through an entire year of BH and no wilderness or PvP worlds. Do you really think if Jagex change BH to drops similar to PvP worlds, over half of RS players will quit?

The problem is, you keep expecting Jagex to suddenly change their views and bring back some form of free trade pvp or stop constricting the game to fight against RWT. If you continue to think, dream, or hope for that, you are going to be seriously disappointed your entire time playing Runescape.

If you don't like the combat system in Halo 2, you play a different game.

If you don't like the battle system in AOE3, you play a different game.

If you don't like the minimal updates in Roller Coaster Tycoon, you play a different game.

I fail to see what is so different about Runescape?

dawnsigblue-3.png

Someone did bring up a good point; why is Jagex having trouble monitoring RWT in BH?

Prior to the wilderness and trade limit changes, Jagex had stated they had a sophisticated system in tracking RWT'ers. They've also stated before that they know if a person is gift giving or down right RWT.

The crater levels caused strict limitations on RWT'ers (levels needed to enter a crater). A RWT would have to train/steal an account and make money on the account to transfer to their buyer. All of which would take time. And from what I understand the majority of RWT'ers transfers occur in medium or high level craters.

So my solution is to ban the RWT accounts. Cut off the way RWT transfer and fustrate them into wasting their time training/stealing accounts and making money.A lot of people say it's easy to spot RWT, so why can't Jagex do it then?

On another note people confirm that RWT is done during quieter times - doesn't this imply that very few people RWT? Not thousands or hundreds of accounts - but a mere few? Making it easier to target the select few who choose to RWT?

As for the changes in BH, I'm siding with the idea that Jagex is going to implement the pvp drop system as they had mentioned pvp in the post.

As for the "quit already" statements, maybe some people love this game and decided to wait it out until actual positive changes occured. You can say others had done the same, but those people couldn't care less because it "didn't affect them".

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

im wondering what actual updates jagex is going to make

banning tt armor is probably going to be one step and would make rwt much slower for anything above 1mil(does anyone see a problem with that?)

a new drop system is possible but I dont see jagex doing that as it would cancel the point of bounty hunt

im thinking maybe we will get say 5 smaller craters on less worlds. That would make any rwt business keep a lot more trading accounts on hand and raise the chance of getting killed if you kill a non target.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

If Bounty Hunter comes back with trade limits, I'm done with this game. The fact that one very small area of the game cannot be monitored shows that Jagex is hopless at enforcing policy. I'll play a game with management that does not make its customers pay for their failures or moral agendas.

Don't wait for the updates to come out to find out if they're putting the trade limit in, just quit now so you can stop crying and whining about everything Jagex does.

As for the suggestion to kill RWTers, its already painfully obvious when a RWT is taking place. No one does it. That probably has some thing to do with the fact that they are aiming to play the game, not enforce Jagex's unenforced rules and policies.

No one does it? Right, because we all know when it comes to accuracy of statements, you're always on the ball and not completely on the other side of the universe :roll:

It's not my job to figure out how Jagex should enforce their rules

There's constructive criticism, then there's senseless whinging, you're in the latter category.

RuneScape is the only mmorpg where the problem is so severe that the game is put in danger of shutting down.

Didn't you just say that RWT didn't exist?

I am someone who plays games, and I will go find a game that can enforce rules.

This just in: Jagex enforcing rules. Troll whinging because Jagex is apparently not enforcing their rules by enforcing their rules.

I'll reiterate; don't give Jagex time to put out the update, quit now. You're not even paying attention to facts anymore in your whining posts, you're pulling random stuff out of thin air and presenting it as obvious fact, and you've reached the point of nonsensical temper tantrums in practically every post. You've been reduced to the kid spinning in circles in the toy aisle.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

So, what? They're going on the warpath to eliminate RWT again? Maybe not, but if they try to do this in Bounty Hunter, it will be a ridiculous move.

I don't like Non safe PvP much, but, from what I heard, a negligible amount of RWTs use it. And the RWTs in question are probably not gold farmers. At least, not in the sense that they use credit cards to pay for membership and run sweat shops. So, if they decide to drastically change Bounty Hunter, it might be a sign that Jagex may be willing to destroy huge chunks of the game to eradicate as much RWT as possible. And, without BTS to show us future updates, they may decide to continue the elimination.

I'm not saying they're going to, but they might.

P.S. Those who question why anyone plays when they dislike huge portions of the game, would you quit just because of one really boneheaded, really horrendous update? Say, if Jagex created a ridiculously fast and simple way to train a beloved skill?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

The few times I ever went to BH I saw RWT going on. Someone would go in with there expensive trimmed junk and stand around getting the snot beat out of them by some guy in a corner. Later I saw him "selling back" the armor his victim had lost...

RWT exists in every game, it will always be a problem and I see why people are upset about these things that seem like a Bazooka for an ant but honestly if you are really that concerned with the longevity of BH against RWT then report them, do your part to help out the game. Of all the RWT that I have seen at least one of the idiots says something before, during, or after.

You whine about the updates they are making to combat but you make no suggestion for a better system and you make no offer to help the problem with the current system.

If you ask any long running Jagex employee about the wilderness most will say it broke them to remove it after so many years saying that it would always be (given this was because of the noobs that cried they were tricked there). When you show people you are doing your stinking part instead or just turning a blind eye then you have every right to go to any forum and cry like a [bleep]. Until then please do us all a favor and STFU

Stupid.png

So, what? They're going on the warpath to eliminate RWT again? Maybe not, but if they try to do this in Bounty Hunter, it will be a ridiculous move.

I don't like Non safe PvP much, but, from what I heard, a negligible amount of RWTs use it. And the RWTs in question are probably not gold farmers. At least, not in the sense that they use credit cards to pay for membership and run sweat shops. So, if they decide to drastically change Bounty Hunter, it might be a sign that Jagex may be willing to destroy huge chunks of the game to eradicate as much RWT as possible. And, without BTS to show us future updates, they may decide to continue the elimination.

I'm not saying they're going to, but they might.

P.S. Those who question why anyone plays when they dislike huge portions of the game, would you quit just because of one really boneheaded, really horrendous update? Say, if Jagex created a ridiculously fast and simple way to train a beloved skill?

I agree with you. I am so tired of people who question why someone plays just because they dislike something by the game....

Yes Runescape is their game, but we got a vote...don't we?

As for BH removeable or change of drops, i don't know if it's good or bad. Personally it wouldn't affect me as i don't do BH (I hate F2P BH alot) and as for P2P BH that's crazy sick dangerous.

But bottom line: If they are still doing things stop RWT without a good reason and game has extremely little RWT.... (After BH That is). Then...i would be fed up.

I agree, however I do think LS worlds should be increased in numbers. There are alot more people out there that LS compared to the ones that don't, and LS teams crash non-LS worlds anyways so I don't see much of a difference. If anything, adding a few more LS worlds would benefit the Solo'ers more, as teams would be less likely to crash non-LS worlds.

@Sir Hemen

This is not meant to a flame as I don't expect a response to it. It is only my personal opinion.

If you don't like the direction the game is going, simply don't play the game anymore. Just except things how they are, and don't complain about it, as it wont get you anywhere but wasting your time complaining about it.

Jagex have very strongly said they are moving in an ANTI-RWT direction, if you expect them to change their views because a few people don't like it, it wont happen. They lost a huge user base when the wilderness was removed, but you still feel like your the majority wanting the wilderness back. Most of the people playing now lived through an entire year of BH and no wilderness or PvP worlds. Do you really think if Jagex change BH to drops similar to PvP worlds, over half of RS players will quit?

The problem is, you keep expecting Jagex to suddenly change their views and bring back some form of free trade pvp or stop constricting the game to fight against RWT. If you continue to think, dream, or hope for that, you are going to be seriously disappointed your entire time playing Runescape.

If you don't like the combat system in Halo 2, you play a different game.

If you don't like the battle system in AOE3, you play a different game.

If you don't like the minimal updates in Roller Coaster Tycoon, you play a different game.

I fail to see what is so different about Runescape?

I understand that, but i don't see where i have said that i am against the removal of BH? It's just my oppinion.

I like the game, but it was not as good as it was. The fair trading is great and i really think Jagex did great job there. If i like it or not it was well done.

But i am saying, if Jagex does updates to stop more RWT in certain spots that will affect players game fun....then i will most likely to quit.

But for now i am not. NO, i don't expect Jagex to change wilderness or the free trade.

Every player who were away from game that i met ingame i told them "It's restricted tradelimit now" and i said the reason was "Credit fraud, and Jagex got complaints so they had to do something" and i said that because i understand what they had to do...

If i didn't at beginning, i do now. But fact is, you can't take RWT 100% always without messing up the game. There will always be updates in online game, and as long as there is there is a chance that update could make RWT alive.

But i am sure Jagex is smart and makes sure that don't happend. But i am just saying what i think of the situation. In the first place: Andrew said that he got complaints from Credit card company and that it stinked for him to remove Wilderness right?

Now there is no complaint....if they are still going ANTI i hope it won't affect players.