27th February - Temporary Closure of Bounty Hunter Craters

BiJay

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, a very good thing I think.

I wonder if this will mean more craters.

How to stop the RWTing there? Change the drops to the current pking system?

If that would happen, there would be no more reason to fight in BH imo.

I hope multiple craters will stop it (a lot).

i wonder if you think that really makes sense or not.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

first line said it is meant for forum and player mods, most likely so they know whats coming when a million people want it explained to them.

im interested in how the level cap will work, maybe for ftp low times it will be the price of full rune+5k for max value

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Is there realy much of RWT in BH?

I belive that the most "trades" in there are monster drops sharing and gifts (for example, people who are quiting and want to give their money to freinds). Most people dosne't seem to understand that this IS NOT RWT, nor is it against the rules.

Jojaton.png

38019414ux8.jpg

Is there realy much of RWT in BH?

Yes, there is.

I belive that the most "trades" in there are monster drops sharing and gifts (for example, people who are quiting and want to give their money to freinds). Most people dosne't seem to understand that this IS NOT RWT, nor is it against the rules.

While that's not *technically* against the rules, it often opens doors to things that are against the rules. Some people take that opportunity to get on other players account to help them "trade" items from one account to another, which is against the rules.

Also, Its almost impossible for Jagex to tell the difference between a RWT transaction and a friend sharing items with his friends. They'd rather not take the chance of it being RWT even if it was under good intentions. Enough people use CS or LSP these days, im sure the number of RWT players present in the BH area is far more than legitimate players giving gifts, especially during the late hours of the night.

Looking at the new BH rules, as long as you already kill your targets not much will really change for players, other than being matched up with an opponent more like yourself.

dawnsigblue-3.png

I believe most trades in BH were trading between accounts - i.e. a main gifting items to his pure etc, rather than trading items for real life cash. I realise its hard for Jagex to tell the diff, and in any case ppl are breaking rules.

As for the new rules:

1) Limiting the value of items brought in - this will cripple the higher level players who pk with godswords etc. The legit flashy players in F2P who use thier sara to lure attackers will get penalised.

2) Better rewards are definately needed, even 3x is still very poor. Items rather than cash would be great - esp BH ones that you could never lose upon death for example. Loads of opportunity here - but a measly 30k for 20+ hours of pking is miserable. 90k is just as pathetic.

3) Better targeting is greatly needed. At present lower BH is only good for levels 53-55, it wil be great to see some lower levels having a blast and same for level 56-85 who are currently far too low to survive in mid level crater. A much needed update here.

Sounds good except the gp value restrictions - depending on what it tis, I guess - but godsword owners and sara set owners beware! I bet TT sets will decrease a lot in the coming days until the news is delivered.

Also, Its almost impossible for Jagex to tell the difference between a RWT transaction and a friend sharing items with his friends. They'd rather not take the chance of it being RWT even if it was

I'm verry well aware of this, I just think it's wrong to risk being banned while doing something that's not illegall. They could atleast change the rules to make it illegall to use other methods than GE and the ordinary trade system to trade between accounts.

Jojaton.png

38019414ux8.jpg

Ah, the infamous :)

Anyway, I think it was a good decision to make, esp. on the RWT front.

A real leak alright. Was this post meant only for other J-mods or also for Forum/Player Mods?

I also might be checking BH out after the updates. They look nice.

Nice find. To be honest, when a J Mod puts in a post 'This is to be kept 100% confidential', you are asking for this to happen. :)

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• 2 weeks later...

Who gives a damn if there is a little bit of rwt in bh the point of taking away free trade and such was to decrease the amount of rwt's enough so that it was not endangering the game itself but now they are just doing too much..Give me an update i can smile about or something. i know this is againts the rules and i am very sorry but to me. :oops:

The company known as "JAGEX" are real [bleep]ES.. #-o

BigBoy600.png "He that will cheat at play,will cheat you anyway

Who gives a damn if there is a little bit of rwt in bh the point of taking away free trade and such was to decrease the amount of rwt's enough so that it was not endangering the game itself but now they are just doing too much..Give me an update i can smile about or something. i know this is againts the rules and i am very sorry but to me. :oops:

The company known as "JAGEX" are real [bleep].. #-o

Did you really have to bump up this topic.

The company known as "JAGEX" are real [bleep].. #-o

Did you really have to bump up this topic.

Did YOU have to bump... blast! I did it too!

How long ago was Bounty Hunter taken down again? Two, three weeks? I really want an update on how that's coming along, for the sake of this newfangled transparency that Jagex is supposed to have.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?