Another Anti-Gameplay Update from Jagex

Historik2

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I am 100% anti jagex yet I still play the game. Why? Because I don't have the financial resources to make a better game myself. Also, it does have its good aspects but at the same time they [jagex] display an extreme lack of logic.

Hell, off the top of my head I can think of a dozen changes that could/should be made to the game that don't take a genius to figure out.

Oh really? Let's hear those changes.

[Like this is the venue for it.]

Listen. All they're doing is adjusting BH so that players that RWT can't do it as easily anymore. Why is everyone all of a sudden up in arms against Jagex about this?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 100% anti jagex yet I still play the game. Why? Because I don't have the financial resources to make a better game myself. Also, it does have its good aspects but at the same time they [jagex] display an extreme lack of logic.

Hell, off the top of my head I can think of a dozen changes that could/should be made to the game that don't take a genius to figure out.

Listen. All they're doing is adjusting BH so that players that RWT can't do it as easily anymore. Why is everyone all of a sudden up in arms against Jagex about this?

Because Chicken Little never stops seeing the sky falling on his head.

I'm not thrilled that they're changing BH, but I personally never saw why it existed anyway. I know myself and a few others thought they'd completely remove it after the release of pvp worlds. I'm pleasantly shocked that they're at least trying to make it a viable minigame that fits their changing business plan.

hzvjpwS.gif

WE PAY TO PKJokes

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If I was talking about you personally I would've mentioned your name. You just happened to be the first (of many, no surprises there) to say it.

Every time somebody says they are unhappy with an update you get a dozen people saying things along the lines of "omfg its liek der game if u don like it quit".

Well yeah, quite kills a thread. Have to agree on that. Though in this case it's a very reasonable argument. If I felt the way the topicstarter displays his feelings, I would in no way still play this game.

The thing about that last statement is that it doesen't take a genious to figure them out, but it takes somebody smarter to realise the full effects of them. We can all think of some things that jagex did in a way we dislike, but the thing is, we don't think of them full enough. Jagex will have a team of at least 5 people i'd beleive doing feasability (sp?) checks to all updates, going through each and every possible outcome that could come from it. We may think an idea we have that they should have done differently is good, but im betting they also thought of it, and dismissed it due to something else negative coming from it.

No, I'm saying I can think of several things off the top of my head that could/should be changed AND understand the full effects of them.

The most recent thing that's been bothering me is the way they calculate the xp rewards for soul wars. Does it make sense for someone with 1 attack 1 strength 1 range and 1 magic to be able to gain 75k+ xp an hour in a melee skill? Does it make sense for a level 3 to be able to train slayer at a rate of 5k+ xp an hour? The rewards should not be calculated based on what level you are in that skill, aside from magic and range. The melee skills, hitpoints, and slayer should all factor in attack, strength, defense, and summoning with the most weight being put on attack and strength. But no, that would require time and effort as well as thinking, wouldn't it?

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

And as I've already said, that's on par with making all worlds quick chat only "so that players that use offensive language can't do it as easily anymore".

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

Well that's why they're dedicating this year to game improvements, Madmanpur3.

Personally I think they already took a step in the right direction with the most recent updates to Soul Wars, but with any luck they'll further update it as you've described, whether that be adding zeal or what.

hzvjpwS.gif

Well that's why they're dedicating this year to game improvements, Madmanpur3.

Personally I think they already took a step in the right direction with the most recent updates to Soul Wars, but with any luck they'll further update it as you've described, whether that be adding zeal or what.

Summoning has been out for over a year now and the AI of familiars is still [developmentally delayed]ed. Sure they're dedicating this year to game improvements, but a lot of the changes they'll make probably should've been done a long time ago as well as the probability that they'll still miss several. It's become obvious over the years that quality is not their top priority, or even second...or third...

Do you see hordes of level 95's autoing in RS? No, you don't. And that in itself proves my point.

Don't normal level 95s have like 70 70 70 stats? That would take like a week.

For someone hardcore no-lifing it maybe.

Do you see hordes of level 95's autoing in RS? No, you don't. And that in itself proves my point.

And who no-lifes more then professional RWTers?

I rest my case.

Zerker_jane.png

And who no-lifes more then professional RWTers?

I rest my case.

a week is 7 days, 7 days = 168 hours IM RWT'ers would not keep it logged for more then 17 or 18 hours per day to avoid being caught. So 18 hours per day is 126 hours. 126 hours of game play to get 70 70 70 70 and idk say 40 or so prayer the bot just burry the bones it kills. I guess its possible dunno if anyone really wants to check xp rates per hour on things a low lvl char can kill on f2p to find out if its really do able

I hate when people say [cabbage] like 'just quit then'.

So we're not allowed to express any real dissatisfaction with ANYTHING Jagex does because we like to play Runescape?

Stfu.

I agree with you up to a certain level, but I mean common on this guy is distorting the facts massively. The statement that runescape has deteriorated is bull, removing RWT stopped the deterioration. This guy sounds like a pro-auto, pro-RWT nutcase.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I prefer PvP over Bounty Hunter and really feel that there isn't even a need for the drop system it has. I'd really like to close off the open doors that RWT'ers are using. It would at least make me feel a bit better about losing the "old wilderness" and staking. Good riddance. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I hate when people say [cabbage] like 'just quit then'.

So we're not allowed to express any real dissatisfaction with ANYTHING Jagex does because we like to play Runescape?

Stfu.

I agree with you up to a certain level, but I mean common on this guy is distorting the facts massively. The statement that runescape has deteriorated is bull, removing RWT stopped the deterioration. This guy sounds like a pro-auto, pro-RWT nutcase.

I preferred the game the way it was prior to the anti rwt updates, as did many others. So while it was necessary (they say) to make those changes, it was still a deterioration to the game.

Another example of Jagex's intelligence - they finally recognized that it was easy to transfer wealth with dragonstones, so in order to 'fix' it they made the player stock stores obsolete. "Let's just place a 1:1 tokkull to gp ratio for prices in the player stock store, so if someone sells an obsidian shield another player can merrily purchase it for 280k tokkul. Who would want an onyx for that price anyways?" ... "You sir are a genius."

Can you explain how all credit card fraud users are caught within 2-10 days. Statistics ? A graph ? or is that you guess on how long they would have ?

I also wonder how making BH drop the same as PvP would make RS more of a single player game. The fights are the same the only thing that changes is what is dropped. Can you logically explain how changing drop would make it more individual and remove interaction ?

britonlongbo.png

Another stupid thread... I'm really REALLY getting sick of these people. These kind of people make me question the meaning of life... Their life... Why? WHY?!?!

Some people think one way, and other people think the other. Some may call those people stupid, some people call them different.

I call them stupid.

You obviously don't understand how RWTing works and even what the term "human interaction" means. So do us all a favor, and leave, you aren't even trying to think things out. You just want to whine, and make yourself look smarter than Jagex by putting down their extremely important decisions. Well, you aren't. Maybe you are, but trying to prove it by whining isn't going to get you anywhere.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Cheefoo, why exactly should they do anything more to prevent real world trading? The bots are gone, they aren't having those credit card problems they used to have. So why do anything more?

Cheefoo, why exactly should they do anything more to prevent real world trading? The bots are gone, they aren't having those credit card problems they used to have. So why do anything more?

If you've been paying attention, you'd know that Bounty Hunter is a way to quite easily transfer money.

All I think they will do is remove a few BH worlds, and maybe make the craters smaller, and add a few more level ranges. This way, there will be more people in a smaller place, so it's easier to find someone with lots of money on them (AKA RWTer), and kill them.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

What most people know by now is that with Jagex, "ANTI-RWT = ANTI-FUN". There is no doubt that once BH is released again, it will be dumbed down and much less interesting

Three posts and your coming here thinking you know exactly what Jagex is planning?

You don't know anything. Until you work at Jagex, don't even think you know what the update will come back as.

The amount of RWT that goes on in bh is next to nothing. The only people that sell gps for RL cash in bh is very few high lvl players. There is no massive botting going on at all anymore. Jagex didd just what they wanted to, which was to simply make RWT too hard to be worth it on massive scales.

The main reason people use bh to xfer is to get around free trade. It's done for two main reasons- Giving away gps and selling items for their real value, not the incorrect GE prices. Free trade was done for somthing like 7 years? Now when trade limits are impossed, anyone that figures out how to free trade (not for rwt but to give away items or get around limits) is a rule breaker and deserves a ban? I fail to understand that. How is free trade suddenly so bad?

I see nothing wrong with using bh to trade. I most certaintly do think it's wrong to RWT in bh. However, I think bh should be left how it is so we can still free trade when needed. It is still very dangerous, difficult, and time consuming to be done on a regular basis, and is usually a last resort. Just leave bh alone....

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

The problem with RWT wasent that the money was being traded, it was that credit cards were being stolen etc.

But they can still do that now, by saying they have a fancy new method they won't reveal, and they can still steal the credit cards. Abiet, you would have to be dumb to fall for it but...

O.O

If you've been paying attention, you'd know that Bounty Hunter is a way to quite easily transfer money.

If you've been paying attention, you'd know that people transferring money via Bounty Hunter isn't a problem.

This thread looks more like a rant to me though...

Another person compaining about anti-RWT solutions.

I think the RWT problem in BH can only be solved with drop tables, like in pvp-worlds. If these are implemented, it would also filter some noobs out of the game ::'

priest_wiz.png