i don't have a 99. so leave me alone -.-

yanksrule

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

ok so you have come to the conclusion that a quest cape is harder than fletching/cooking that still doesnt make it hard. There all easy if thats what you want to do.

IMO firemaking is a very hard skill to get to 99 i know i never will get 99 i really am not that stupid to waste so many hours for no achievement. Unless you count an orange cape as an achievement and if thats the case go get a firecape. (without youtube)

I wouldn't say Firemaking was a hard skill, its more of a long boring pointless skill that i also will never get myself without the use of lots of brawling gloves and spare cash for magic logs.

Higuainsig.pngRex Pictorum.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took me about 7 months of P2P to achieve the Quest Cape. :| Questing or gaining requirements probably over half the time. I'd probably rate it over most 99s in difficulty.

And people who mock other people for not having 99s are people with horrible self-esteem who are trying to prop their ego by screaming "ha ha u haz n0 99" at other people.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Getting a Quest cape is harder than getting a skill cape, key word "hard"... Some of you people need to search up the meaning of "hard".

Skill capes take a long time to get and can be repetitive, but are in no way shape or form "hard"... Just because something takes a long time does not mean that it is hard, while on the other hand most of the RS quests are very, very hard, and need you to use your brain. Well unless you use Quest guides... :-# You can watch a movie while doing most skills.

Remind me what part of skilling needs you to use your brain and really think about what you will do next.... OH, OH NO!!! What log will I cut next, the left or right one, OMG my brain is about to pop!!! TOO MANY CHOICES!!! :wall: :shame:

Take your pick:

1. # difficult: not easy; requiring great physical or mental effort to accomplish or comprehend or endure; "a difficult task"; "nesting places on the ...

# dispassionate; "took a hard look"; "a hard bargainer";

# with effort or force or vigor; "the team played hard"; "worked hard all day"; "pressed hard on the lever"; "hit the ball hard"; "slammed the door hard"

# resisting weight or pressure

# with firmness; "held hard to the railing"

# very strong or vigorous; "strong winds"; "a hard left to the chin"; "a knockout punch"; "a severe blow"

# earnestly or intently; "thought hard about it"; "stared hard at the accused"

# arduous: characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort; "worked their arduous way up the mining valley"; "a grueling campaign"; "hard labor"; "heavy work"; "heavy going"; "spent many laborious hours on the project"; "set a punishing pace"

# causing great damage or hardship; "industries hit hard by the depression"; "she was severely affected by the bank's failure"

# unvoiced: produced without vibration of the vocal cords; "unvoiced consonants such as `p' and `k' and `s'"

# slowly and with difficulty; "prejudices die hard"

# (of light) transmitted directly from a pointed light source

# heavily: indulging excessively; "he drank heavily"

# (of speech sounds); produced with the back of the tongue raised toward or touching the velum; "Russian distinguished between hard consonants and palatalized or soft consonants"

# into a solid condition; "concrete that sets hard within a few hours"

# intemperate: given to excessive indulgence of bodily appetites especially for intoxicating liquors; "a hard drinker"

# very near or close in space or time; "it stands hard by the railroad tracks"; "they were hard on his heels"; "a strike followed hard upon the plant's opening"

# being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content; "hard liquor"

# with pain or distress or bitterness; "he took the rejection very hard"

# unfortunate or hard to bear; "had hard luck"; "a tough break"

# to the full extent possible; all the way; "hard alee"; "the ship went hard astern"; "swung the wheel hard left"

# dried out; "hard dry rolls left over from the day before"

I can tell you just copy and pasted that and did not read a thing of it at all...

I mean \/\/\/

being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content; "hard liquor"

WTF? OOOoookkkkaaaayyy................. :roll:

Quest cape is much easier than the majority of 99's obviously not including cooking, fletching or firemaking etc. Quest cape takes patience and a little bit of each skill, thats all.

personaly i found my strenght cape way more easy then my questcape. this simply because getting a quest cape involves staying mem(otherwise a new quest comes and you wont be albe to do it) also a questcape means training all those slow and super enoying skill youd normaly never train... like farming or smith.

ok so you have come to the conclusion that a quest cape is harder than fletching/cooking that still doesnt make it hard. There all easy if thats what you want to do.

IMO firemaking is a very hard skill to get to 99 i know i never will get 99 i really am not that stupid to waste so many hours for no achievement. Unless you count an orange cape as an achievement and if thats the case go get a firecape. (without youtube)

i like my fm cape! fm cape(t) realy ftw man!

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

As someone who has a Quest, Woodcutting, Firemaking, Fletching, Cooking, Hunter, and Thieving Cape - Quest was much harder to get than Cooking and Fletching. I even used guides and had a high combat yet it was still harder to get.

Same. I have the Quest Cape, Cooking, and Strength Cape. I also have other high-level and "hard-to-get" skills (87 mining, almost 81 runecrafting, 83 farming, etc.). Even compared to the hardest one of those, 87 mining, the quest cape was harder. MUCH harder. I used Tip.It, Zybez, hell I even used the RS Quest Help on the main page. I was bored, annoyed, and despairing when I went for 85 mining. When I went for Quest Cape (I didn't actually set that as a goal, it sort of just came) I was infuriated, annoyed to the ten thousandth degree, driving insane, and wanting to burn down my computer.

I have 99 skill in att, def, str and hp. I get tired of members coming up to me saying "omg you suck because you're combat 133 without any other 99 stats". I quit for 3 years! of course they're not going to be high when I've only just started to play again.

Also hate high levels who weren't around on classic or even known back in the day who come up to you and say "who are you? Do you auto? I've never seen you around before!" :wall:

Well no... that's because I played when leveling was actually hard and time consuming.

end rant.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

In my opinion, an achievement cape is an achievement cape, I have the same respect for everyone with an achievement cape* even if one person has cooking and another has construction, they both went throught the same thing, only the construcution probably costed more.

It's nice to have a sense of "let's all be friends" but it begs the question. why do you have the same respect for achievements if one takes longer to get than the other? Are you just assuming they are all the same or are you trying to show us your sense of 'good' by telling us that every achievement is equal?

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Lol seems there are quite a few of us quest minded "a 99 is ok but not so great" type of people.

I always saw the Quest cape as the most honorable of the capes followed by the skills that can't be bought (ex: slayer, fishing, woodcut, mining, and summoning to a lesser extent.) Of course they are not completely comparable but they still have some mirror of each other.

I was very proud of my Quest cape the first time I got it (As a First Resort... was my "last" quest) and actually I perform the emote in Ardy square (it's sort of my home city) after every new quest to show I have re-earned it.

Back before any of the capes came (like way back in '05-'06) I wore my Legends cape with the same pride I wear my quest cape now.

Stupid.png

yeah you know cause it's real hard to sit infront of a fire talking on a clan chat and cooking x amount of lobsters/monks etc. or sitting at a bank for however long putting a knife through a log and stringing them together.

now i'll go out on a limb and say that getting the skills that aren't money efficient, getting items that weren't buyable because the ge hadn't come out yet, and not having the luxury of a familiar/lumby ring/super energy potions to restore all of my run energy would be a little more work related than spending a week at edgeville setting a tinderbox to a pair of logs.

some other skills i will admit have a lot of patience to go through that is either as respectable or more respectable to a quest cape.

and another thing- there's a ridiculous amount of guides how to get 99 in any skills and for a large sum of levels, you're doing the same exact thing OVER AND OVER again. i can't stress how different it is compared to quest cape.

the way i see it, with getting a 99 skill you're adding number together. as you go progressively through the levels you have to add more digitis. so you start from like 4+9, then eventually you'll work up too 155,696,235+816,781,654 or something to that effect.

and with quest cape respectively you're doing division, multiplication, exponents and occasionally a proof (i find proofs near impossible) and it never ends.

I understand the process involved in getting a quest cape. I have a quest cape. That is why I state that getting a quest cape is easier, simply because it doesn't involve doing the same thing over and over. Plus the other reasons I already outlined, which you completely ignored.

I think your rant, and the million other rants with almost identical wording, can be fixed by this:

Get a 99. If it's so easy, and the insults are affecting you this badly, just get a 99. Or, see a psychiatrist. You have to understand that you're just developing a persecution complex, like everyone else. "BAWWW, people pick on me because I'm too skinny." "BAWWW, people call me names because I'm using an adamant scimitar." "BAWWW, people comprehensively demolish every last tenet of my cherished religion."

Everyone's got problems. If you can't deal with someone claiming that their account is superior to yours because it is, you need to rethink your priorities.

(Man, I'm really channeling /r9k/ tonight)

Why should he get one?

I am also very annoyed by this stupid race to skill capes. All those lvl 85's that want a skill cape so badly and grind their way to it through cooking or fletching... That kind of people didn't exist before skill capes.

Hell, I could get 99 cooking in 1-4 weeks, but I really see no reason why. Be number 70 000 to get it? Yay... I'd much rather get all my skills 80+ and get a taste of everything.

• 2 weeks later...
some of your skills are shockingly similar to mine. are you me!??!

i guess we agree on the same thing :XD:

yanxrul.png

My god! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

@Bedman, your skills are awesomely balanced o____o I wish I had the patience to train everything that evenly

What it really boils down to is 2 variables:

1. All capes untrimmed & the quest cape have the same stats and are worth 100K. Those are the only visable face value.

2. Adding to #1, since those ARE the only visible face value of skillcapes, why should it matter? The owner is proud of it - who cares what the 11 year old fishing next to you thinks?

----

If training for a cape seems 'grinding' to you, then maybe that is the wrong skill to train.

Easy does not equal fun.

Quests are ALWAYS engaging, and hard.

Skills are sometimes grinding for few, and easy.

It depends what makes you feel accomplished. Repeating the same thing thousands of times, or keeping things fresh with quests.

Summer's End

While Guthix Sleeps

3 more days until deadline!

food for thought- the quest cape is 90k (i think? i don't know i have like 4 of them in my bank and had 15m in my inventory when i bought em) and the normal skill capes are 100k. is the quest cape better making it cheaper or is it worse making it obvious that it would cost less than a skill cape.

i'm giving fuel to the fire against my argument but meh. flames warm my hands so if there's going to be one on this thread, hey better enjoy what the players provide eh?

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

food for thought- the quest cape is 90k (i think? i don't know i have like 4 of them in my bank and had 15m in my inventory when i bought em) and the normal skill capes are 100k. is the quest cape better making it cheaper or is it worse making it obvious that it would cost less than a skill cape.

i'm giving fuel to the fire against my argument but meh. flames warm my hands so if there's going to be one on this thread, hey better enjoy what the players provide eh?

Uh no, the quest cape costs the same as other capes (99,000).

I don't have a 99 because sitting down and doing a skill for like a month is just boring for me. Of course, it always boils down to how you want to play the game. If you don't wanna get a 99 just for the cape so no one calls you a noob(which you shouldn't), then don't.

On the quest cape issue, I got my quest cape by casually questing now and then.

Quests are more enjoyable to do than to sit in a bank and fletch for weeks, which is why I think that the quest cape is easier than other 99s.

Thought I'd post this here as a vent.

So, someone on the Forsakenmage chat says you need so and so levels to summon so and so familiar. It turns out he was wrong and he picked the wrong level. I tell him this and he goes and pulls the "I have better stats then you so ur nub" crap on me.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I do agree with you. It's a game we play for fun, not to get criticized by others and how we should play "their way."

We should be able to play by our own rules.

What's a sig?

I have never particularly enjoyed questing, but there is no doubt (in my opinion) that it takes far more time and total skills to receive a quest cape then it does to achieve Firemaking, Cooking, or Fletching (which I am currently going for).

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Haha when I get mad I don't have a 99 or a skillcape I just look at my firecape :)

Sorry getting 99 str tomorrow. Looks like i'm becoming an achievement cape noob :oops:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol: