HaHa def noob! raise ur str!

saladplease

As a 1 def, 1 pray pure, I have been called a def nub too many times to count - yet I have 1 def!!!

first off you are a defense noob stupid

defense noob aka a a noob at defense

any lvl1 skill=noob

therefore 1def=defnoob :thumbsup:

also you'll get called a def noob only if you are wearing iron and your opponent hits multiple 0s with addy arrows or rune schim... (i got called a def noob by a mage before?)

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm a pure and call those guys in rune in non-members a def noob all the time. But that's just because they're so annoying, I'm only 76 combat... So when some random nub who has never been to pvp comes to these worlds and he's like 80+ combat, he'll be harrasing me all the time. So they waste my food, jump on me in the middle of a fight. They're just so annoying and when I try to range them back, with 99 ranged and 44 prayer I can't even scratch them. So they feel uber leet and think omg i pwnzor 99 range@@@... And if you manage to hit them with a few decent hits they'll eat at half hitpoints. Just leave me and fight your own kind so you can waste an entire inventory of food and run after like 20 minutes of hitting a lot of 0s and nobody ends up with a kill.

Get 40 defence and wear a green d'hide body for 17 ranged attack ;)

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

As a 1 def, 1 pray pure, I have been called a def nub too many times to count - yet I have 1 def!!!

any lvl1 skill=noob

also you'll get called a def noob only if you are wearing iron and your opponent hits multiple 0s with addy arrows or rune schim... (i got called a def noob by a mage before?)

Lol you R-tard.

Defence noob = Relying on defence.

Zerker_jane.png

Alright, that's enough arguing, you're better than that.

"Defence noob" seems to generally be an "insult" from pure to non-pure/tank/whatzit.

Part of the point of the game is that you don't have to train everything.

Though I think a lot of it is some people that create pures without fully knowing what they're doing. Say, they see their favorite minimal defence PK'er and think, "I can do dat!!1!", create a pure, and wonder why they don't constantly get kills the minute they set foot in BH, and don't hit well on armor.

I think I would like pures that know what they are doing. I didn't like the ones that made pures and think that made them 0\/\/n4g3 incarnate. Those are the ones that really give pures their reputation...

That said, I almost have a pure-type build, or some strange perversion of it. Higher attack, mage, and range than defence and strength. Unfortunately, balanced str and defence. At the very least I can appreciate limiting stats in favor of others.

any lvl1 skill=noob

Lol you R-tard.

good one :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

technically speaking as i was dip[cabbage]

being a noob at def=def noob

i know def noob=rely on def im not stupid

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

Those people are usually just proud that they have managed to create a pure account with some nice stats for pking, although creating a pure is kind of difficult, it generally takes much less time than working on a balanced fighter and completely fails in anything besides one on ones with someone of equal combat level. (Unless it's a range pure, they kick [wagon] and are surprisingly easy to create, but range is one of those skills that requires little more than patience to achieve 99)

Just remember, the sheer fact that they are a strength pure means that they have effectivly limited themselves from the majority of the game (no defense) and they are willing to insult you on the basis of training defense? A little stupid, eh.

Just remember that all pures are, doesn't matter what kind, are eventually surpassed by their balanced counterparts.

any lvl1 skill=noob

Lol you R-tard.

good one :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

technically speaking as i was [cabbage]

being a noob at def=def noob

i know def noob=rely on def im not stupid

Lol. You called him a defence noob because of his lack of defence and then proceded to elaborate on your rather messed up logic. I simply corrected you. Defence = Noob. So 'being noob' at defence is having a high level in it. Having 1 defence = Pro. But try to take the things I say in this thread with a grain of salt; as it is rather fun living up to the stereotypical view of pures.

Just remember that all pures are, doesn't matter what kind, are eventually surpassed by their balanced counterparts.

I guess you mean when mains are at a higher level than pures, so I agree. Obviously a level 126 balanced account will kill a level 94 pure account.

But a level 94 pure account (99 1 99 99 99 44 99) will destroy a level 94 balanced account.

Zerker_jane.png

But a level 94 pure account (99 1 99 99 99 44 99) will destroy a level 94 balanced account.

That's exactly the point of pures :thumbup: .

I recall reading in the Debate Club area a while ago, someone saying something along the lines of ''you have to have something unique about your stats if you want to pk''. ''Balanced looks good on paper'', but just doesn't work in PvP where your combat level matters. That's why BH was all people at the highest possible combat in the lowest crater, and when I ran a thread about it (also debate club, in early 2008), fixing the level system was almost a unanimous improvement, and the current (?) level system was a nearly unanimous complaint.

The quoted comments are horribly paraphrased (It was from when you could PK in the wilderness, don't blame me for forgetting :lol: ), but the meaning should still be there. I think the person I'm quoting is still here... Compfreak847?

That's exactly the point of pures :thumbup: .

I recall reading in the Debate Club area a while ago, someone saying something along the lines of ''you have to have something unique about your stats if you want to pk''. ''Balanced looks good on paper'', but just doesn't work in PvP where your combat level matters. That's why BH was all people at the highest possible combat in the lowest crater, and when I ran a thread about it (also debate club, in early 2008), fixing the level system was almost a unanimous improvement, and the current (?) level system was a nearly unanimous complaint.

The quoted comments are horribly paraphrased (It was from when you could PK in the wilderness, don't blame me for forgetting :lol: ), but the meaning should still be there. I think the person I'm quoting is still here... Compfreak847?

It's not just stats that count but your level of skill in pking. A level 94 pure would obviously have more experience than the level 94 main. I would devastate a 'newb' even if he had a maxed lvl 94 pure and I had a 70 70 70 main, because I KNOW how to pk.

It's not a simple case of "You need something unique about your stats" at all. It's hard as hell to pk on a high level pure ESPECIALLY when your opponents have barrows, vengeance, piety etc. But if you know what you're doing you will win alot. And you NEED to know what you're doing to succeed as a high level pure. That's part of the thrill of being pure for me, you need to constantly be on top of your game, whereas with defence you can rely on your defence taking some of the hits.

That's why there is a vast amount of low levelled new-pures and a rare amount of maxed pures. Because once the new-pures realise they won't be able to rain down fire and destruction upon their opponents with ease as a pure they end up getting defence. On the average crowded world you'll find more new-pures at rock crabs than the number of maxed 1 defence pures in the game. People will watch videos of their favourite maxed pures or see them in action and think that all they need to do to own like that is get similiar stats.

Zerker_jane.png

Just ignore them... Although my stats are equal across all 3 of the melee combat skills, I pride myself on my defense. It allows you to tank anything instead of wasting all of your food. It's also less expendable than prayer, which you waste and have to find a pot or altar. Instead, you can just sit there as your opponent can barely hit you. 8-)

fishdert.png

Fishdert.png

Fishdert.png

Fishdert.png

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: AGREED :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]

Truth. Def>Str.

60 attack

60 str

70 def

better than

70 attack

99 str

1 def

Wrong. The guy with 99 Strength can hold a Whip, which beats the average guy's 70 defenses.

If it's

vs

then defense would be better.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

The def would still win in my post. He wont hit every time. most likely the player would have barrows. The player with 60 attack would almost never miss on 1 defense.

In other words, ddp++ spec on 1 defense pure = PWNT

thats why the smart pures usually get 40-45 defense.

The def would still win in my post. He wont hit every time. most likely the player would have barrows. The player with 60 attack would almost never miss on 1 defense.

Wrong.

And 40 - 45 defence isn't pure.

Zerker_jane.png

Truth. Def>Str.

60 attack

60 str

70 def

better than

70 attack

99 str

1 def

Wrong. The guy with 99 Strength can hold a Whip, which beats the average guy's 70 defenses.

If it's

vs

I hope you realise that 70 99 1 is about 70 cmb. 70 70 80 is a lot more. No one would fight with that much level difference. Def will WIN almost every time. However it will hardly KO. No KO = no point. :roll:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

Truth. Def>Str.

60 attack

60 str

70 def

better than

70 attack

99 str

1 def

If it's

vs

I hope you realise that 70 99 1 is about 70 cmb. 70 70 80 is a lot more. No one would fight with that much level difference. Def will WIN almost every time. However it will hardly KO. No KO = no point. :roll:

70 99 1 (with 44 pray) would be around 80 cb. 70 70 80 (again with 44 pray) would be around..95 cb? So we should make it 99 99 1 vs 70 70 80.

Zerker_jane.png

Truth. Def>Str.

60 attack

60 str

70 def

better than

70 attack

99 str

1 def

If it's

vs

70 99 1 (with 44 pray) would be around 80 cb. 70 70 80 (again with 44 pray) would be around..95 cb? So we should make it 99 99 1 vs 70 70 80.

Thats my whole point. Theres a big cmb difference that people don't consider, they just assume def wins but don't realise that its because of the gross cmb difference.

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

Truth. Def>Str.

60 attack

60 str

70 def

better than

70 attack

99 str

1 def

If it's

vs

Thats my whole point. Theres a big cmb difference that people don't consider, they just assume def wins but don't realise that its because of the gross cmb difference.

Yep.

70 70 80, if broken down in levels, has 29 strength levels lower than the pure, same attack level and 79 defence levels higher lol. Going to be quite a difference in combat level.

Zerker_jane.png

I own up whips my cb level the majority of the time though...

Yeah but my level 85 account would devastate you lol :thumbup: .

During the level 80-90's range, melee accounts are close to useless against tanks. The most I can see it a 50:50 win:lose ratio.

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

~Fire cape achieved at combat lvl 80~

BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~

Wrong.

And 40 - 45 defence isn't pure.

It's freaking pure when you've got 99 attack and strength, it's all proportional.

Plus you sorta want a high enough combat level 90+ so that you actually get decent drops in PvP, so what If you own people like hell with 1 defense at an extremely low cb lv, you ain't getting jack [cabbage] in drops.

Haven't you ever seen a rune-ags pker?