Thoughts on cockfighting?

Faux

Why don't we just bet on things like flipping a coin?

because that isnt exciting maybe?

eh personally I dont have a taste for cockfighting but there are bigger problems in the world. It should probably be outlawed eventually but its not exactly something I put on the top 50 things I care about

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there's other exciting things in the world. Sports for example. In the end they just want violence...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I think I didn't explain myself. I'm saying that whether those other actions are wrong or not -and regardless of my position on that-, it's still irrelevant to the discussion of cockfighting. I'm not saying you should stop using them as arguments "because they're wrong", but because them being right or wrong don't speak for (or against) cockfighting. You were the one who said "I'm justifying cockfighting by what we do in animal factories."

I still find cockfighting cruel and sadistic, and you still haven't defended your position.

I find cockfighting cruel and sadistic too. What's your point?

And yes, you did say both are wrong: "A wrong does not justify a different wrong"

Well, there's other exciting things in the world. Sports for example. In the end they just want violence...

Boxing is an Olympic sport.

It really comes down to this.

They feel pain. They don't like it. We're making them do it for our own amusement.

*sigh* This is what a few others said about people being naive. They're not forced to fight. It's in their blood. It's not like dogs were you have to train them to be killers. Game[roosters] fight because it's in their breed. Yes, humans organize them. But that's it.

Awesome, whose moral code are going by at this moment? Allah? Christian Bible? Your teachers? Your parents? Morality is defined by your own surroundings. Avoid using it as if its a law that covers the globe. Cockfighting isn't wrong to me because I view it just as a way of life. I've never raised a pet for money, but I don't have the moral authority or the arrogance to come up to people who participate in this and tell them it is wrong.

I don't really see people here saying they go up to people and tell them they think it's wrong. I may have missed it though. I do see people coming here to write their opinion on the matter. I'm pretty sure you were the one who wrote all that stuff about vegetarianism and you were expressing your opinions freely on the matter too. I could be wrong but if I'm not don't double standard yourself, or you'll lose debating e-cred lol

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Locked on request.

-Necromagus, Tip.It Mod.