Oh how I miss you BTS...

rhupajiva

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I thought we were gonna get another nice surprise update today...They are kind of straying away from the whole updating on tuesday thing... :|
...and straying into the whole updating late in the week or whenever the heck we feel like it, so stop whining babies, other games don't update much, be glad for what you have, territory. You know, the place that looks like the world of a dystopian future.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

And I thought we were gonna get another nice surprise update today...They are kind of straying away from the whole updating on tuesday thing... :|
...and straying into the whole updating late in the week or whenever the heck we feel like it, so stop whining babies, other games don't update much, be glad for what you have, territory. You know, the place that looks like the world of a dystopian future.

1) I'm not whining you [bleep]ing idiot

2) All I said was I came home expecting another update, I am not mad, I completely understand how jagex works, but I am ready to jump into another fun update, thats all. Got a [bleep]ing problem with that?

3) what the [bleep] are you talking about dystopian future? I don't know if your trying to be serious or funny or what, but next time use english

Well when I quit for the past 4 moths on Runescape, all I ever read was the Behind the Scenes to see if their was anything interesting that would make me come back, if only for a little, and play them. Honestly, the whole move they did was a smart move as sometimes they probably felt rushed with new content in order to release it by their monthly standard. Even though I miss reading them to find what exciting new updates we might receive, I do think it was a good move on their part.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

1) I'm not whining you [bleep] idiot

2) All I said was I came home expecting another update, I am not mad, I completely understand how jagex works, but I am ready to jump into another fun update, thats all. Got a [bleep] problem with that?

3) what the [bleep] are you talking about dystopian future? I don't know if your trying to be serious or funny or what, but next time use english

1. Calm down, I didn't say you were.

2. It was a joke. I have not problem with what you said.

3. Dystopian is a word. It's often used in science fiction. It describes a world that is usually desolate and man has revoked rights, is enslaved, or has reverted to savage primacy. Look at Idiocracy, Warhammer 40k, and 1984 for examples. Look here for more proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystopia

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

They also said in the BTS for '09 they were going to be releasing approximately 4 updates per month.

They haven't done this once. Jan and Feb both had 3, though Feb's was technically pushed back, but I refuse to acknowledge crappy spell and quest reordering to be an update. And March has had some bank thingy whatever.

For the rest of '09, I will not scream "Fail!" at Jagex and their updates. I'll scream "Dull!"

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Look here for more proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystopia

Wikipedia ain't proof.

Not always, but in this case it is correct. Dystopia is indeed a word.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Look here for more proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystopia

Wikipedia ain't proof.

Would you prefer the Oxford English Dictionary, then?

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

You know what word Im gonna use more?

fruitcake.

You are a fruitcake.

I want the quest to be released this week, since my membership expires in 9 days =(

You are a dystopia.

I also want the quest to be released this week, but, since they are having troubles with it, I'd rather doubt it.

priest_wiz.png

Looks like there's going to be no update this week. Unless you count the lore, but if they're going to start considering THAT an update... well, things don't look good. I believe this is the sort of thing they couldn't do with a BTS but feel they can now.

Looks like there's going to be no update this week. Unless you count the lore, but if they're going to start considering THAT an update... well, things don't look good. I believe this is the sort of thing they couldn't do with a BTS but feel they can now.

This is probably the main reason why they removed BTS. They didnt want to work as hard as they did before to get us a new update every week. :cry:

While I completely agree that BTS were a great read and made me think, Oh yay we're going to get this-that, when you think about it, it also ruined the game for both Jagex and the players. The players got no surprises, Jagex killed the game with updates that HAD to be released on time but were glitched/bugged, then people complained both ways. I think the DDs should make things a bit better, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~