Pixel WIP

Skull

ortrademe.png

Pixel request I started working on months ago but never finished. I messed up and made the character way too big. I started working on it again and for the life of me I can't get the legs to look good. Also it's largely pillow shaded :-X

[hide=Attempt at legs]ORTRADEME11.png[/hide]

If anyone has any advice or criticism or whatever I'd appreciate hearing it.

This is also my first topic on tif, more than 2 years later :roll:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Well the technique you are using i really like, though more detail is needed in places. I would also look at anatomy, it is off. But as for the overall look without any technicalities. I love it!

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

The pillow shading, considering that the light source is the flame in his hand, works well, though it needs to be more detailed because right now looks rather goofy.

The arms are way too small. Everything from his shoulders to his hands is out of proportion. Shoulders should be wide enough to fit another head (though tightly) on both, and the hands should be big enough to nearly cover the face when the fingers are spread.

The anatomy is the only really big problem though. It looks good, I like the colors.

EDIT: Actually, the shoulders might not be too off, considering he looks pretty gangly. You could try making his torso thinner instead.

EDIT AGAIN: Not to say his shoulders don't still need a bit of widening.

Wow I'm getting OCD over this.

p2gq.jpg

IMO Pillow Shading on the clothes should be more detailed. Also, I belive the lips could get a "re-touch", right now they look too wide.

On the other hand, some hair falling from the hat, covering the forehead, would add a more realistic look to the character.

Keep it up, can't wait to see the finished piece. :thumbup:

PS: Is that OTM, by any chance?

Thanks a lot guys. :thumbsup:

Yaff: Yeah, this piece is a totally new style for me and I think it looks better than my previous one. Detail is for the most part a still come factor, but it's something I struggle with. Anatomy is another one, I tend to make heads to big and arms to short.

NOM: Thanks for the help. I tend to be off with my anatomy, so I'll try out the stuff you suggested :D

Lit: You're right, the lips do look a little wide, I'll try to fix that up. The hair too, I was going to do that but I guess I forgot, I'm not really sure. And yeah, it's otm :lol:

15cbz0y.jpg

Mister: Yup, that's gonna be fixed, it's on my list.

Skully: Collar like the part that comes up? It does look kinda weird to me too, but I'm not sure how to make it look any better, any ideas?

Bacon: I have no idea what you're talking about :-w :lol:

I have trouble with detail, anyone have any examples or anything else to help me with that? On a large scale detail usually ends up looking awkward and out of place for me. As for the flame, you're right, it could stand to be larger. Maybe a little higher saturation too... :-k

15cbz0y.jpg

Meh, pillow shading ain't all that great.. you need to angle it more... the lights coming from the bottom right on the hat, not dead center. Chest is alright though.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Skully: I see what you're saying. I'm having trouble finding a reference for it. I honestly had no idea what the hell it was so I just kind of copied it directly from Runescape :|

You guys are right about the light, I'd say the problem with that is caused by the fact that I planned on having the guy sitting in front of a fire, until I screwed up and made him way to big. I'll see what I can do to put that straight.

Problem number 2. This is supposed to be set in a forest and for the life of me, I can't draw trees... :ohnoes:

15cbz0y.jpg