"End Game" Gear

casthewiz

I was recently playing Cabal Online (I've stopped playing Runescape seriously, but I still occasionally play on Ftp) with a few clan mates, and we were talking about how hard it was to afford and get the end game equipment. In case you were wondering, the End-game equipment is a series of hard to get eqipment sets, armor, and weapons that only people who have maxed out classes can wear. They're rare drops from high level bosses, and some are rare drops in pvp. They also have insane costs. (I'd say the runescape eqivalent in cost would be somewhere around 800 million gp to buy a set.)

So I was thinking about this while playing RS, and I just really wondered how the community would feel about equipment like this. If there was equipment and armor that was extremely rare to obtain, and could only be worn by people who had levels over 90, would you try to get it? Would you think that it would be "fair"? Currently, the "best" (quite arguable) armor, based on levels, is the pvp armor, which degrades and is hard to obtain. That being said, it's wearable at level 78, and the max is 99. Do you think there should be "end-game" equipment for maxed-out players?

No witty signatures for me :(

yeah the spirit shields (mostly elysian and divine) are examples of what you are looking for. they may not have the lvl 80 or 90 requirements but they are definitely up there in rarity and difficulty to obtain.

other armors and weapons might come in the future, but what we currently have is already powerful enough in my mind.

Scrd_Silence.png

Yes, but it must be untradeable.

I'm thinking as a reward to some insane quest, maybe 150th or 200th? And/or as a extremely rare drop from a boss monster like Corp. Beast.

Along the lines of rarity I'm thinking about somewhere in the region of 3rd Age or rarer.

newsigac5.png

Jagex will release higher level gear sooner or later. Unfortunately I don't think it will be for a very long time and when they do it will be hoarded by people trying to sell it for 10000 times more than it should be worth.

That could be solved by putting in limitations like, you could only have one at a time, it's untradeable, or you have to actually have the requirements for it to possess it.

Balatocadrus.png

I 100% agree that if they do this it should be untradeable....or else those greedy merchants will get their paws on em :thumbdown:

I also agree we should have a few untradable "end game" pieces. Whether from bosses, quests, or even just slayer monsters, I remember when Slayer was first released Jagex were considering creating whips to be untradable, but changed it shortly before the skill was released. Items are worth alot more to people when they know that they achieved it themselves, and it isn't something anyone can just go and buy, eg. Fire cape

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Jagex will release higher level gear sooner or later. Unfortunately I don't think it will be for a very long time and when they do it will be hoarded by people trying to sell it for 10000 times more than it should be worth.

That could be solved by putting in limitations like, you could only have one at a time, it's untradeable, or you have to actually have the requirements for it to possess it.

I dont like the idea of it being untradeable but I've never even considered having a limit to how many you can have and I think thats a really good solution.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

we need to sort hp out first, really no need for more damage from melee for the moment.

Lets have armour that boosts hp then :thumbup:

Not a bad idea at all.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

we need to sort hp out first, really no need for more damage from melee for the moment.

Lets have armour that boosts hp then :thumbup:

Not a bad idea at all.

That could be something that Jagex should look into.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

The thing I find incredibly baffling is that people find untradeable rares "fair", yet extremely high level armor for level 99 skill players is unfair, although it requires hard work and effort and is earned, UNLIKE untradeable rares (and to some extent tradeable ones) which fit NONE of these categories.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

I can't have been the only one to lose.

*sigh* Lost the game again due to you. :thumbsup:

On Topic- I'd love to see higher levels get osme awesome equipment. :)

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

The thing I find incredibly baffling is that people find untradeable rares "fair", yet extremely high level armor for level 99 skill players is unfair, although it requires hard work and effort and is earned, UNLIKE untradeable rares (and to some extent tradeable ones) which fit NONE of these categories.

Its not so much that its fair but if you make super strong armor tradable then you will have merchants charging hundreds of millions for it like the spirits shields and only a few extremely rich merchanters will have it.

Assassin1357.png