3rd March 2009 - Deposit-all feature and more + Patch Notes

Singh

why do you people need an update every week?

Am I the only one that is having enough trouble keeping up?

Seems like every time I start enjoying something, a new skill comes out, or a new dungeon.

Id prefer an update once every 2 weeks...or small fixes like this.

Why add something big every week when there's so much to do already?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't gotten the chance to try it out yet, but I'm loving the sound of the deposit all button, especially the depositing whatever you're wearing into the bank. It was annoying having to close out, remove everything, open it back up, deposit piece by piece.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Haven't gotten the chance to try it out yet, but I'm loving the sound of the deposit all button, especially the depositing whatever you're wearing into the bank. It was annoying having to close out, remove everything, open it back up, deposit piece by piece.

Ironically, if I had to pick one thing I find useless from the new updates, it would be the deposit all worn equipment option. Usually when I bank and change gear for a different fighting style, I normally keep the same gloves, amulet, ring, cape, and shield. Of course there are times when a full swap is needed, but removing 3 pieces of armor manually doesn't bother me too much :thumbsup:

Ironically, if I had to pick one thing I find useless from the new updates, it would be the deposit all worn equipment option. Usually when I bank and change gear for a different fighting style, I normally keep the same gloves, amulet, ring, cape, and shield. Of course there are times when a full swap is needed, but removing 3 pieces of armor manually doesn't bother me too much :thumbsup:

:lol: To each their own, I guess. I normally keep my ring and cape, but everything else always gets switched out.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Am I the only one who is happier with a deposit-all feature than with another new minigame?

Everybody seems to complain 'it's just a patch not a real update', but I like this update more than for instance the Soul Wars update actually :P

I definitely like it more, since I can never do the new content updates! :P

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

:lol: To each their own, I guess. I normally keep my ring and cape, but everything else always gets switched out.

I didn't realize you were f2p. That would explain it =p

Fail

how is more chins fail. makes hunter alot easier

not partically exciting the other stuff but always helps...

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I never said Evil Tree was bad. I didn't say Soul Wars is bad. They personally aren't my thing. Jagex used to offer a lot more variety of things to do is my point.

I guess one of my main issues besides the boring updates is this moving towards having a lot more team or multiple people based content. I'm not digging that.

You could always enjoy the multitude of options to play with now. Like I said, we as Scapers are spoiled because we get almost weekly updates while most games make do with an update every few months. With all the new content, Jagex needs to slow down and make sure everything works, not only with bug fixes but balance adjustments and make sure their game is consistent.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

From what they said, they were making new content every other week and small fixes every other week, with the weekly patch notes.

I wasnt expecting anything super huge this week, but I though this was a nice little addition.

The total cash on you and total cash you are risking was my favorite update out of these.

Will help a lot on pvp worlds, like they said.

Now off to read this weeks patch notes. :mrgreen:

P.S. Im still waiting for the Total Cash in your bank function.

Yay! No more goddamn crowding to catch explosive chinchillas.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

i prefer these minor but useful updates to a new mini-game i'll never play

a faster banking system and cost of items on death are useful and i will use a lot

the red chins upgrade is a nice little addition as well, may train hunter more now ::'

well done jagex, you're finally taking note of advice and improving, not adding more glitchy/annoying content for the sake of it

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

I estimate 100 people atleast at jagex developing content if these 3 small changes is what we get this week then I bet theres something bigger planned this month surely :\

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I estimate 100 people atleast at jagex developing content if these 3 small changes is what we get this week then I bet theres something bigger planned this month surely :\

150th QUEST!!!11!!! :roll:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

150th QUEST!!!11!!! :roll:

Ugh.. could be it's 5 years this month (March 29th) of the rs2 official release, RFD was released in march too which marked the 100th, I wouldn't be suprised :\

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

136gm.png

When using the new Deposit worn items feature the items which gives you negative weight when worn wont be deposited as the normal item but the items they turn into when youre wearing them (with negative weight) (in the case of the spottier cape) or they will be turned into the weightless item while youre still wearing them (the item you usually have in you inventory) (Boots of lightness, Penance gloves). This means that you have items with negative weight in you inventory!

Your run energy doesnt drain significantly slower though.

namnlskopia.jpg

Pfft, don't care. No one really will. It's a paltry addition at best. Upgrade year? How about renaming it: "Take a year off Runescape and go play a few other games, come back next January and we'll have a good game and some nice updates coming out."

Agreed =P~, well said.

---

All of these "updates" should be in other news. Not whole game updates. Wasteful, yet I'm supposed to believe they aren't all working on their new game "Mechscape". updates this year so far? :thumbdown: As expected, a person that will kiss the ground jagex walks on will probably call me a whiner, tough.

sotw7bar.png

Pfft, don't care. No one really will. It's a paltry addition at best. Upgrade year? How about renaming it: "Take a year off Runescape and go play a few other games, come back next January and we'll have a good game and some nice updates coming out."

Oh, you're going? Don't make too much noise and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

All of these "updates" should be in other news. Not whole game updates. Wasteful, yet I'm supposed to believe they aren't all working on their new game "Mechscape". updates this year so far? :thumbdown: As expected, a person that will kiss the ground jagex walks on will probably call me a whiner, tough.

It's not that you're a whiner, you're just an opinionated curmudgeon. Nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, this bank update will make it simpler to do bank-skilling tasks (a-la Fletching, Crafting, Smithing), and it could finally open the possibility of being able to equip the character in the bank window.

I'll admit that this was a rather pedestrian update, but it's still a pretty good one. I'm also liking the inability of dropping more than 1K of worth; this should make it better for PvPers to get a decent kill.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It's not that you're a whiner, you're just an opinionated curmudgeon. Nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, this bank update will make it simpler to do bank-skilling tasks (a-la Fletching, Crafting, Smithing), and it could finally open the possibility of being able to equip the character in the bank window.

I'll admit that this was a rather pedestrian update, but it's still a pretty good one. I'm also liking the inability of dropping more than 1K of worth; this should make it better for PvPers to get a decent kill.

I'm not a simpleton who's easily entertained by such upgrades. Perfect time for this update year, the year mechscape comes out. the year they can slack off as their membership subscriptions increase and increase. Does that make sense? Lessen the the updates and their quality as you get more and more players?

sotw7bar.png