3rd March 2009 - Deposit-all feature and more + Patch Notes

Singh

Sooo...

If my computer wasn't on the frizt I'd already have checked all of these out.

I did use the deposit all feature a lot, though, both types ::'

I almost clicked the note button when I was looking for the search, though >.<

Next little update I want: RECHARGE ALL for Stealing Creation armor/weps. I needs it for my training (yes, I do use SC armor for training. I already know I'm a nub, no need to remind me.) and having to click six times is a leetle annoying.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=]

I think this update was great, and all that was needed for this week. Small little updates that make a world of difference in everyday game play.

Sometimes I feel like players don't realize how spoiled they were with Jagex's past updating.

Only a few years ago, players would be lucky if they received one updating a MONTH. Nowadays players are update hungry and complain even if an update is on a Tuesday rather than a Monday every week.

I think you should be grateful for getting any updates at all, as most online MMORPG's don't update even half or 1/10 times as often as RuneScape does. We don't really need a Godsword and a Huge Quest/Minigame every single week, as all those updates overwhelm us over time. But some of you are complaining just that, that we don't get a new Godsword and Minigame every week.

There are millions of activities in RuneScape to do. Don't limit yourself just to New Updates to keep you satisfied.[/rant]

But, this is a very lackluster update. The bank tabs and search engine released last year was a true improvement- this is just a piddling little tweak that has a minimalistic impact on the gaming experience. When I heard this was going to be a fix-it/improvement year, I was pleased. But the largest improvement released so far was the Random Removal- something promised early last year. Or maybe even in December 07. The only other that came close was the removal of the censor and I have very mixed feelings about that.

And saying that other games don't update nearly as frequently is not a good idea. As anyone who compares Runescape to another game in a negative way can attest, players constantly say Runescape is not other games. If we want to go that route, why not ask why Runescape's combat is so antiquated compared to WoW or AoR? Or why other games have free markets and we don't? And so on and so forth.

Although I agree we don't have the need for something big EVERY week, the content updates I've seen recently have been... repugnant to me. The only quest of the year was a tutorial for a new Distraction, and the rest were minigames and more Distractions. True, we're only two months in, but so far I've been very disappointed and have seen no reason to renew membership. And this glorified patch does nothing to change that.

There have been a good number of extremely helpful tweaks and fixes this year, and I believe Brianite's main point was that we can't expect a big update every week. Do you really play Runescape for the updates? There's already an overwhelming amount of things to do in this game. Unless you're maxed, played and "beat" every minigame (4k Chompy kills, CW gold armor, etc), have your quest cape, can solo every boss sans CB, and own an Elysian/Divine shield, I see no reason to complain that we didn't get horses this week.

But huge chunks of the content don't appeal to me- I have no need to max my stats, and "beat" every minigame. I play Runescape for fun and, if content has no appeal to me, I see little reason to indulge in it. Plus, without any BTS to show future content, I have no idea when or if any future updates will make up for current lackluster updates like this, which are naught but an afterthought to the truly amazing bank re-haul of last year.
[/hide]

^ I really don't understand why you feel the need to complain about this weeks update. If you don't like it then don't use it. Let Jagex do what they want with their game. Oh, and ctrl+f "lackluster" in your last three posts pl0x.

OT:I haven't been on to check it out yet but it seems like a very useful update :thumbsup: Great for both skillers and fighters =D> I do hope they come out with the 150th quest next week though. I can't wait!

erasig.jpg

[hide=]
I think this update was great, and all that was needed for this week. Small little updates that make a world of difference in everyday game play.

Sometimes I feel like players don't realize how spoiled they were with Jagex's past updating.

Only a few years ago, players would be lucky if they received one updating a MONTH. Nowadays players are update hungry and complain even if an update is on a Tuesday rather than a Monday every week.

I think you should be grateful for getting any updates at all, as most online MMORPG's don't update even half or 1/10 times as often as RuneScape does. We don't really need a Godsword and a Huge Quest/Minigame every single week, as all those updates overwhelm us over time. But some of you are complaining just that, that we don't get a new Godsword and Minigame every week.

There are millions of activities in RuneScape to do. Don't limit yourself just to New Updates to keep you satisfied.[/rant]

But, this is a very lackluster update. The bank tabs and search engine released last year was a true improvement- this is just a piddling little tweak that has a minimalistic impact on the gaming experience. When I heard this was going to be a fix-it/improvement year, I was pleased. But the largest improvement released so far was the Random Removal- something promised early last year. Or maybe even in December 07. The only other that came close was the removal of the censor and I have very mixed feelings about that.

And saying that other games don't update nearly as frequently is not a good idea. As anyone who compares Runescape to another game in a negative way can attest, players constantly say Runescape is not other games. If we want to go that route, why not ask why Runescape's combat is so antiquated compared to WoW or AoR? Or why other games have free markets and we don't? And so on and so forth.

Although I agree we don't have the need for something big EVERY week, the content updates I've seen recently have been... repugnant to me. The only quest of the year was a tutorial for a new Distraction, and the rest were minigames and more Distractions. True, we're only two months in, but so far I've been very disappointed and have seen no reason to renew membership. And this glorified patch does nothing to change that.

There have been a good number of extremely helpful tweaks and fixes this year, and I believe Brianite's main point was that we can't expect a big update every week. Do you really play Runescape for the updates? There's already an overwhelming amount of things to do in this game. Unless you're maxed, played and "beat" every minigame (4k Chompy kills, CW gold armor, etc), have your quest cape, can solo every boss sans CB, and own an Elysian/Divine shield, I see no reason to complain that we didn't get horses this week.

But huge chunks of the content don't appeal to me- I have no need to max my stats, and "beat" every minigame. I play Runescape for fun and, if content has no appeal to me, I see little reason to indulge in it. Plus, without any BTS to show future content, I have no idea when or if any future updates will make up for current lackluster updates like this, which are naught but an afterthought to the truly amazing bank re-haul of last year.
[/hide]

^ I really don't understand why you feel the need to complain about this weeks update. If you don't like it then don't use it. Let Jagex do what they want with their game. Oh, and ctrl+f "lackluster" in your last three posts pl0x.

Why do I feel the need to complain about this update? Because I don't like it. Because I feel it was useless and could have been thrown in with the bank overhaul last year.

Oh, and great use of logic. They own the game, let them do what they want. Why complain about anything? Horrid quality control? Don't complain, they own the game, they can do what they want. A renewed War on Bottism? Don't complain, they own the game, they can do what they want. Unfair bannings? Don't complain, they own the game, they can do what they want.

That argument can justify anything, although, in comparison to the issue at hand, the examples given are greatly exaggerated.

And I like lackluster. It perfectly describes this update. Not really bad, but it has no shine, no excitement. Ergo, it lacks luster.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

... we decided to give you the option to deposit everything that is in your inventory, or everything you are wearing and wielding.

Are boots, rings, and arrows not counted as "everything you are wearing and wielding"? Mine don't come off when I click the button. :?

Full bank, heh? ;)

[404] Signature not found.

Don't know if anyone's already posted it but equipment bank doesn't bank rings, gloves and ammys.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

THE BEST UPDATE IN MONTHS.

And you know why? I do not woodcut, so Evil Tree is useless for me. I barely combat too, so I've never even bothered playing Soul Wars. \'

People are not seeing the glory of this update. At first, I thought it was pretty mediocre as well... until I saw how useful it was.

First of, for people who regularly get bored like I and feel the need to go boss solo after skilling this is great. Instant worn equipment banking allows me to switch between Tormented Demon set-up to Runecrafting outfit in a jiff. Also, loot can be easily banked now.

Speaking of Runecrafting, I now get 5k xp/ hour more at ZMI due to deposit all feature. No more dropping 6 types of rune and banking the others with annoying right-clicks. One click, then withdraw the pouches from the same tab. EASY AS.

These things have to be done more. One that helps the entire RS demograph, not just some select few.

Don't know if anyone's already posted it but equipment bank doesn't bank rings, gloves and ammys.

How odd. It does for me.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

The deposit-all feature has been really awesome. It doesn't take me three menus to deposit my equipment, BoB's items, and my stuff. Much faster and love it. Just have to get used to the Note and Search options being in different places.

I like this update. It's made Mage Log trips much faster.

As for the big picture, I don't know why we complain about updates, I don't know any other game that updates as often as Runescape. Runescape's venue has increased incredibly and continues to. Just because this update wasn't what you wanted doesn't mean someone else didn't want it. And if you truly don't like the deposit-all feature, then don't use it. It's all relative. :)

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

[hide=]

[/hide]

Why do I feel the need to complain about this update? Because I don't like it. Because I feel it was useless and could have been thrown in with the bank overhaul last year.

Oh, and great use of logic. They own the game, let them do what they want. Why complain about anything? Horrid quality control? Don't complain, they own the game, they can do what they want. A renewed War on Bottism? Don't complain, they own the game, they can do what they want. Unfair bannings? Don't complain, they own the game, they can do what they want.

That argument can justify anything, although, in comparison to the issue at hand, the examples given are greatly exaggerated.

And I like lackluster. It perfectly describes this update. Not really bad, but it has no shine, no excitement. Ergo, it lacks luster.

I think we could keep personal likes and dislikes out of evaluating Jagex on the quality of their updates. A person could dislike all their updates and create a bad impression couldn't he?

Alright yes, it could have come along with the bank update earlier..but it didn't, probably because they didn't know that it would be a useful feature or rather, they didn't even think of it. You could say each upgrade could have come with this, then the entire point of Upgrade Year is trashed. Afterall, what use are upgrades "if they should have come with the initial update?".

I doubt you will see lots of new content when compared to upgrades this year. And you can resign yourself to the fact. And I needn't mention that each and every update wouldn't appeal to each player. Just a few posts above someone mentioned he doesn't use Evil Tree nor Soul Wars so this update is the best for him. Updates for each and every style of playing is the best objective can follow, seeing that it was going a bit too much into combat earlier.

Oh, and I'm a bit surprised. Seriously, you guys behave like RuneScape just lives on updates. Isn't there the WHOLE WIDE world of Gielnor to explore? (and I'm not counting the other realms)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]