The Circus Point System (Guide Now Up!)

Mattie9999

I can help (although don't expect me to come back every week as I don't play much anymore). Are there any specific emotes you want me to try? Also, have you noticed if the crowd's immediate reaction (what they say) could be used to identify the 'preferred' emote?

EDIT: I just went ahead and and did some of the normal events (without any of the circus clothing on). The level 90 gives 115 points; the level 80 gives 102 points; and the lvl 70 gives 90 points.

Once added to what you have, I think the points increase by 12.5 (following what numbers we do know, I believe that, if it rounded down on the previous non-whole-number amount, the next one will round up (i.e. the points at lvl 20 were rounded up from 27.5 to 28 so the lvl 40 points are going to be rounded down from 52.5 to 52)) for each consecutive level increase (at least for all of them except the level 99 one which is, according to the number you have for 99, 19 points more than 90).

With this in mind, I think it's safe to say that the level 40 event gives 52 points; 50 gives 65; and 60 gives 78.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: I just went ahead and and did some of the normal events (without any of the circus clothing on). The level 90 gives 115 points; the level 80 gives 102 points; and the lvl 70 gives 90 points.

Once added to what you have, I think the points increase by 12.5 (following what numbers we do know, I believe that, if it rounded down on the previous non-whole-number amount, the next one will round up (i.e. the points at lvl 20 were rounded up from 27.5 to 28 so the lvl 40 points are going to be rounded down from 52.5 to 52)) for each consecutive level increase (at least for all of them except the level 99 one which is, according to the number you have for 99, 19 points more than 90).

With this in mind, I think it's safe to say that the level 40 event gives 52 points; 50 gives 65; and 60 gives 78.

Wow! Thanks for that! :o :thumbsup:

Good to see some people wanting to help me. I will add your info + your hypothesised info to the main post (and give you credit).

I have done the 99 activity several times and gotten 134 base points each time, so I'm pretty sure that is correct. So presumably, there is a boost of points for doing the best possible trick. Also, there was a point made about the "barely succeeding" tricks possibly giving less points. This might have some effect on the system, but for now, we'll go by what we have.

I can help (although don't expect me to come back every week as I don't play much anymore). Are there any specific emotes you want me to try? Also, have you noticed if the crowd's immediate reaction (what they say) could be used to identify the 'preferred' emote?

Sadly, I didn't notice if the audience said anything special (the chat box didn't), and on reflection I realise I really should have. As I have only found one "preferred" emote, it's hard to say if there's any pattern to the preferred emotes. I would think that whoever at jagex made this, just chose a random emote for each performance at each location. Assuming that each emote is only used once as a preferred emote, that means there would be 36 different emotes used. (3 performances x 12 locations.) There are 45 emotes in total, and air guitar and skill cape can't be used, which would make 43. This would mean most emotes would be used as a preferred emote.

Good to see some people wanting to help me. I will add your info + your hypothesised info to the main post (and give you credit).

I have done the 99 activity several times and gotten 134 base points each time, so I'm pretty sure that is correct. So presumably, there is a boost of points for doing the best possible trick. Also, there was a point made about the "barely succeeding" tricks possibly giving less points. This might have some effect on the system, but for now, we'll go by what we have.

Yeah, no problem. If you want, you can add me in-game and, if you see me on, remind me to go and try a few things.

Sadly, I didn't notice if the audience said anything special (the chat box didn't), and on reflection I realise I really should have. As I have only found one "preferred" emote, it's hard to say if there's any pattern to the preferred emotes. I would think that whoever at jagex made this, just chose a random emote for each performance at each location. Assuming that each emote is only used once as a preferred emote, that means there would be 36 different emotes used. (3 performances x 12 locations.) There are 45 emotes in total, and air guitar and skill cape can't be used, which would make 43. This would mean most emotes would be used as a preferred emote.

Next time it's in edgeville, try the trick emote, see what the audience does, and then try a few other random emotes and see if the reactions differ. If we can find a specific reaction that signifies the 'preferred' emote (or at least narrows the options down), it'll make this go a lot quicker.

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Yeah, no problem. If you want, you can add me in-game and, if you see me on, remind me to go and try a few things.

Next time it's in edgeville, try the trick emote, see what the audience does, and then try a few other random emotes and see if the reactions differ. If we can find a specific reaction that signifies the 'preferred' emote (or at least narrows the options down), it'll make this go a lot quicker.

Cool thanks, I will add you ingame.

Yes, I will definately check what the audience says when doing a preferred emote. However, the circus won't be at Edgeville for another 10 weeks, so we have a while to wait for that.

I do have a suggestion for finding preferred emotes though, that would be quite efficient (although, require a few people):

Assuming that nothing is known:

Person A does the first 10 emotes, if points = 30, then none of the 10 were preferred. If points = 105, then we know one of those 10 is preferred.

Person B does 10 different emotes, same as before. However, if person A found a preferred emote, Person B could do 5 of those emotes, and see if any of those were preferred. etc...

Hopefully you understand where I'm going with this system. If we had 5-6 people, then we could probably find out the emotes quite fast. The only problem is getting people to help. You're about the first person who is willing to help me everytime. (Some people have offered to only help once, as they like getting exp.)

[hide=quote chain]

[/hide]

Cool thanks, I will add you ingame.

Yes, I will definately check what the audience says when doing a preferred emote. However, the circus won't be at Edgeville for another 10 weeks, so we have a while to wait for that.

I do have a suggestion for finding preferred emotes though, that would be quite efficient (although, require a few people):

Assuming that nothing is known:

Person A does the first 10 emotes, if points = 30, then none of the 10 were preferred. If points = 105, then we know one of those 10 is preferred.

Person B does 10 different emotes, same as before. However, if person A found a preferred emote, Person B could do 5 of those emotes, and see if any of those were preferred. etc...

Hopefully you understand where I'm going with this system. If we had 5-6 people, then we could probably find out the emotes quite fast. The only problem is getting people to help. You're about the first person who is willing to help me everytime. (Some people have offered to only help once, as they like getting exp.)

As I'm not on much any more, it might also be beneficial to PM me on these forums with a list of emotes (or possibly even a single emote) to try (or you could post them here; I have added this to my list of topics to check regularly).

As for your way of figuring out the emote, I think that is, at least until we find out if there's a specific reaction to the 'preferred' emote (which I will also try to watch for during any testing I do), our best choice.

Also, would you prefer I post results here or PM them to you?

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

^ Well what I think might be a good idea is to use my thread in the questionnaires subforum that I created. I originally created it for people to submit data for my investigations, but I obviously overestimated the amount of people wanting to help... However, I think you should post your findings there, and I will edit the main post to give instructions, etc. of what we currently want to find out.

Mattie, I can help out if you like, please add me in game though. (User: Sheep Tails) Also, I don't believe the audience says anything when you do an emote. One other thing: How do you figure out how many points you have?

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

Mattie, I can help out if you like, please add me in game though. (User: Sheep Tails) Also, I don't believe the audience says anything when you do an emote. One other thing: How do you figure out how many points you have?

I hope you're not right about the audience and emotes. If they don't have a reaction specifically for the 'preferred' emote, it's likely to take at least 5-6 people to figure each one out.

You can only figure out how many points you have by ending the event. You can find more information on what exactly you can do on this thread.

@ Mattie: Alright. I'll be sure to do that.

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

I hope you're not right about the audience and emotes. If they don't have a reaction specifically for the 'preferred' emote, it's likely to take at least 5-6 people to figure each one out.

You can only figure out how many points you have by ending the event. You can find more information on what exactly you can do on this thread.

@ Mattie: Alright. I'll be sure to do that.

Thanks Sheep for offering to help. I will add you in game. I have noticed that the audience doesn't say anything usually when doing an emote, but what I'm hoping is that they might say something if you do a preferred emote. But as you probably didn't do a preferred emote when you were watching, you didn't see anyone saying anything.

On how to figure out how many points: Lol, I realise I actually deleted my instructions on the submission thread. I have fixed that up. Basically, you are doing your one trick, and then ending early. This is why it is so long and hard for just one person to figure out things.

Oh and acentor, I'd appreciate it if you posted what you were planning to do next circus on my submission thread, so we can get a roster type thing of what people were doing. The list of what we want to find out is under things to find out, but I'll give you the freedom to choose how to find/check that something gives certain points. (Hopefully you got my drift there.)

Oh and acentor, I'd appreciate it if you posted what you were planning to do next circus on my submission thread, so we can get a roster type thing of what people were doing. The list of what we want to find out is under things to find out, but I'll give you the freedom to choose how to find/check that something gives certain points. (Hopefully you got my drift there.)

Done. If you want me to do anything differently, just let me know (here, the other thread, PM, whatever).

Now, all there is to do is wait.... I hate waiting... :wall:

PS. Name the movie, scene (describe it), and character that I got that last phrase from and you get a cookie (I couldn't use the phrase without putting in this challenge and I couldn't say anything about waiting without putting the quote in there). :lol:

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Done. If you want me to do anything differently, just let me know (here, the other thread, PM, whatever).

Now, all there is to do is wait.... I hate waiting... :wall:

PS. Name the movie, scene (describe it), and character that I got that last phrase from and you get a cookie (I couldn't use the phrase without putting in this challenge and I couldn't say anything about waiting without putting the quote in there). :lol:

Hmm sorry, don't have any ideas... don't watch many movies.

P.S I like the last line if your sig. ;)

Desperately need help while Circus is still at Draynor! Just need to find out whether the preferred mage trick is alchemy dumbells, or teleport dumbells.

Just to clarify what we need*, if anyone wants to help, all you have to do is start the magic event, do ONE of the two specified tricks (alchemy dumbells OR teleport dumbells), end the event, and report how many points you received on this thread. Also note that it is preferred that, while doing this, that you do NOT wear any circus clothing.

Even if you don't use all three events in helping us, just doing what I outlined above and then doing the agility and ranged events like you normally do would be greatly appreciated.

*I would do it, but I was the one to stumble upon the fact that one of the two tricks gave 187 points (instead of the normal 102) and have, as such, already done my circus for the week

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Wow, this thread contains a great deal of helpful information.

I'd love to help, but as I am F2P I can only mentally offer suggestions.

As for finding what emote is 'special' for each individual location, ask those who participate to list what emotes do not work, just so multiple people are not trying the same emote. It would definately increase productivity.

Godspeed on obtaining the info. ::'

Wow, this thread contains a great deal of helpful information.

I'd love to help, but as I am F2P I can only mentally offer suggestions.

As for finding what emote is 'special' for each individual location, ask those who participate to list what emotes do not work, just so multiple people are not trying the same emote. It would definately increase productivity.

Godspeed on obtaining the info. ::'

^Thanks for your support. :D

Information updated and circus is now at Al Kharid. All circus go-ers are wanted!

I know most of you have probably already done your circus for the week, but, for those who have not, it would be very helpful if, when you go to the circus, you could just record what you do (please put everything in the same order you actually did it in) and submit it either here or in the Questionaires thread.

You don't have to do anything different from what you normally do, we just want to be able to look at what you did and see if we can find any irregularities that might lead to the discovery of a preferred trick/emote.

Thank you in advance.

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Just bumping this up to make sure people remember that we need them to give us whatever information they can.

Circus is in Lumbridge!!

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Today my Agility and Magic performances yielded the expected number of points, but my Ranged performance seems to have got an extra 25 points

(I definitely failed lvl 80, so 719 less 102 should get 617 points, but i got 642)

Username: Llavada

Location of Circus: Lumbridge

No circus gear or emotes throughout

Agility Event Description: 99-10 Tightrope - No failures

Agility Event Points: 719

Mage Event Description: 99-60 Teleport / 50-10 Levitation - Failed 90 + 80

Mage Event Points: 502

Ranged Event Description: KNIVES 99-60 Wheel / 50-10 Ducks - Failed 80

Ranged Event Points: 642

rsbotsonline.png

Today my Agility and Magic performances yielded the expected number of points, but my Ranged performance seems to have got an extra 25 points

(I definitely failed lvl 80, so 719 less 102 should get 617 points, but i got 642)

Username: Llavada

Location of Circus: Lumbridge

No circus gear or emotes throughout

Agility Event Description: 99-10 Tightrope - No failures

Agility Event Points: 719

Mage Event Description: 99-60 Teleport / 50-10 Levitation - Failed 90 + 80

Mage Event Points: 502

Ranged Event Description: KNIVES 99-60 Wheel / 50-10 Ducks - Failed 80

Ranged Event Points: 642

Did you do the tricks in the order you gave them in (starting at 99 and working down to 10)? Also, if you could, any details on what you were wearing would be appreciated.

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Did you do the tricks in the order you gave them in (starting at 99 and working down to 10)? Also, if you could, any details on what you were wearing would be appreciated.

Yes, i started at 99 and worked down to 10

Ranged clothing: robin, fury, black d'hide, ranger boots, archers ring, unholy book, accumulator

And thanks for your work in unraveling the mysteries of the Circus

The first post in this thread is very interesting and informative

rsbotsonline.png

Yes, i started at 99 and worked down to 10

Ranged clothing: robin, fury, black d'hide, ranger boots, archers ring, unholy book, accumulator

And thanks for your work in unraveling the mysteries of the Circus

The first post in this thread is very interesting and informative

The extra points must have come from the fact that you were dressed for the part (i.e. you had ranged gear on for the ranged event). I'll be sure that Mattie hears about this.

And thank you for your help.

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try