The Circus Point System (Guide Now Up!)

Mattie9999

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just a little confused here

Does wearing a full clothing set give you more exp? Or is it just more points?

What you wear only affects the points.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Yes, i started at 99 and worked down to 10

Ranged clothing: robin, fury, black d'hide, ranger boots, archers ring, unholy book, accumulator

Well, that is very interesting. Special thanks for this part. :thumbsup:

I do have a revised theory as to how this could work though (don't quote me on this later on though, could easily be wrong):

There are 5 clothing spots that are worth an extra 5 points each if something relevant is worn. This could be circus-given-out items, or items that give a bonus to that skill.

These 5 spots would be the same as the spots that circus items can be worn in:

Helmet/Hat

Body

Legs

Boots

Weapon - this one I'm not totally sure on, as with the ranged event you have to wield a weapon from the event. Were you wearing any ranged weapons as you started the ranged event? Either that, or the unholy book could have counted as this.

Hopefully you understood my gist there.

I do have a revised theory as to how this could work though (don't quote me on this later on though, could easily be wrong):

There are 5 clothing spots that are worth an extra 5 points each if something relevant is worn.

Sorry Mattie but i don't think this can be the case...

I got no extra points for the other 2 performances, even though i was wearing magic and agility clothing for them

And surely there's only 3 possible clothes for agility (boots of lightness, spotty/spottier cape, penance gloves)

I suddenly remembered reading that one got extra points for doing what the audience called out, with more points for doing higher level moves

So i suspect that i got the extra points for accidentally doing what the audience was shouting out

If this is the case then it rather complicates your work as we'll need to keep a close eye on the audience whilst doing the performance

By the way, i was wearing the different clothing for the 3 performances in an attempt to increase my chances of succeeding with the tricks, but i remain unsure if this has any effect

So i'd be interested to know what other people think

This is sort-of relevant as more successful tricks mean people get more points (and of course more XP), and the circus gear adds a max of 25 points to one's score, but successful tricks add a lot more points (134 for a lvl 99 move), so maybe people could get more points by wearing performance-boosting gear rather than circus gear

rsbotsonline.png

Right now, the running theory with doing what the audience requests is that it gives 15 bonus points. If we guess that you did what was requested once, that leaves another 10 points. I wonder if the TT items (robin and ranger boots) were what gave the extra 10 points... Do you remember what you wore for the mage and agility events?

@Mattie: I think we might want to have people tell us what they wear (for each event) from now on.

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Do you remember what you wore for the mage and agility events?
Magic clothing: mystic hat top & bottom, fury, mystic staff, unholy book, rune gloves, WIZARD BOOTS, Lumbridge ring

Aglilty clothing: spottier cape, boots of lightness

rsbotsonline.png

Do you remember what you wore for the mage and agility events?
Magic clothing: mystic hat top & bottom, fury, mystic staff, unholy book, rune gloves, WIZARD BOOTS, Lumbridge ring

Aglilty clothing: spottier cape, boots of lightness

Well, unless Jagex somehow forgot about wizard boots, then there goes the TT items theory. Although, I do have one more question: did you put on your mage gear before or after starting the event?

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Acenator's last question is very valid there, as I think the clothing bonus is taken from as soon as you talk to the assistant to start your performance (if you wear a mega-phonus while starting the ranged performance, but then remove it later on to wield a weapon, you still get the held circus item bonus). So if you came to the circus wearing ranged gear, did the ranged performance first, and then went onto the next performance and started it before you changed into the next clothes, the points for wearing those clothes may not have been counted.

Either way, thank you very much for continuing to answer out questions. :)

@Mattie: I think we might want to have people tell us what they wear (for each event) from now on.
Indeed. I have changed the submitting info form to say "what were you wearing?" as opposed to "wearing full circus gear?"

did you put on your mage gear before or after starting the event?
Ah, you've got me now... i can't remember..

But as i took the stuff in my inventory and did the mage event before the ranged event, it's very possible that i talked to the mage assistant, put on the mage clothing, and then later changed into the ranged gear and then talked to the ranged assistant

Will have to check out this matter at the next circus!

I think the clothing bonus is taken from as soon as you talk to the assistant to start your performance (if you wear a mega-phonus while starting the ranged performance, but then remove it later on to wield a weapon, you still get the held circus item bonus)
This is interesting... i'm thinking...

IF (and this is uncertain) tricks are more likely to succeed when wearing performance-boosting clothing (weight reduction for Agility and attack bonus for Magic & Ranged)

THEN people could maximise points by putting on the circus gear to talk to the assistant, remove it, put on the performance-boosting clothing and then do the event

rsbotsonline.png

did you put on your mage gear before or after starting the event?
Ah, you've got me now... i can't remember..

But as i took the stuff in my inventory and did the mage event before the ranged event, it's very possible that i talked to the mage assistant, put on the mage clothing, and then later changed into the ranged gear and then talked to the ranged assistant

Will have to check out this matter at the next circus!

I think the clothing bonus is taken from as soon as you talk to the assistant to start your performance (if you wear a mega-phonus while starting the ranged performance, but then remove it later on to wield a weapon, you still get the held circus item bonus)
This is interesting... i'm thinking...

IF (and this is uncertain) tricks are more likely to succeed when wearing performance-boosting clothing (weight reduction for Agility and attack bonus for Magic & Ranged)

THEN people could maximise points by putting on the circus gear to talk to the assistant, remove it, put on the performance-boosting clothing and then do the event

OK, well you can check your theories now.

Circus is now East of Varrock!

HOly COw! I got 803 in my , mage performance and 20070 in xp. that's never happened! I wore the clown hat, pants, shirt and those little dress shoes. I did diff emotes between including trick, flap, scary hand, zombie dance, bunny hop. There were more but I forget which ones. No costume reward for this.

Agility I got 675 for perf and 708xp I drank agility pot for the event too which pushed my lvl from 53 to 56. No costume reward for this.

Range 1027 performance 2062 xp - not as impressive as the magic but any xp is something! I ended up with the clown shoes as a reward after this. I also drank a range pot for this.

The only thing I need yet is the ringmaster costume. I wish they'd let us put this stuff in our house.

akashasmommy.png

Elizabeth: There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing.

Jack: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

Do or do not - there is no try. "Yoda"

HOly COw! I got 803 in my , mage performance and 20070 in xp. that's never happened! I wore the clown hat, pants, shirt and those little dress shoes. I did diff emotes between including trick, flap, scary hand, zombie dance, bunny hop. There were more but I forget which ones. No costume reward for this.

Agility I got 675 for perf and 708xp I drank agility pot for the event too which pushed my lvl from 53 to 56. No costume reward for this.

Range 1027 performance 2062 xp - not as impressive as the magic but any xp is something! I ended up with the clown shoes as a reward after this. I also drank a range pot for this.

The only thing I need yet is the ringmaster costume. I wish they'd let us put this stuff in our house.

Thanks for telling us about your circus performance, but sadly we will need a little more information if we are to use it to assist with the possible discovery of preferred tricks/emotes.

If you are offering to help us, we would appreciate it if you described your performances in a bit more detail. (Writing down exactly what emotes and tricks you performed.)

Either way, thanks for supporting the circus! :D

__________________________________________________________________________________

Thread updated. (Particularly in the audience section.)

Circus now at the Gnome Stronghold!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As ghostly robes work for clothing, does the shadow sword work in the weapon spot?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Great guide, Mattie. :thumbsup:

I haven't got full ringmaster yet. I am going to follow the "how to get the most points" part next time and see how I do.

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."

I love what you're doing with the guide and the depth of research. I'm proud to be a part of it.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]