4. buy blue phats from general store mwahaha

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People play private servers because they're so [bleep]ed up compared to the real RS. They are really appealing to PKers who are upset about not being able to PK like they could before the updates. Also, people can do whatever the hell they want on a private server (well almost). Not all of the people on them are people who could care less about the game/are too lazy to play the legal version. In fact, a lot of people go on them just to see what they like. With copyright infringement put aside, private servers are dangerous to mess around with because of the potential viruses.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I don't get the point in getting a private server. They are stupid, and just cheap replicas of the real RS. Can someone give me a really good reason?

Why play RuneScape? Some say that it is stupid, and just cheap replicas of WOW. Can someone give me a really good reason?

:D

Runescape came way before WOW ever did so that makes WOW the expensive replica of Runescape.

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

Ever thought that if you wanted to buy an outfit just log on a private server and get it there so you don't have to waste the cash if you don't like it or something? Its like people have said an alternative for pking which is way better imo. Its a place you could practice bursting/ags specs without fear of losing 70mil. I would gladly do one if I could find a reliable one.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

Most private servers are exceptionally laggy, and it's quite difficult to find a reliable one that isn't laced with trojans.

Please don't spread lies. It's actually extremely difficult to find a private server that IS laced with trojans or other malware. I have never, ever, ever, even heard of one. Please don't post information which you have no knowledge of.

I'm not saying private servers are OK, but just because you don't like something doesn't mean that you should spread lies about it, nor should you speak about something you have no knowledge of.

---

Also, it seems there are a fair amount of people with programming experience who play with private servers. I think that "people who fail at the real game can do what they want without putting any work into it." is EXTREMELY inaccurate, as I doubt any of YOU have put in the time or have the dedication required to learn computer science - and unlike getting good at a computer game, that has real-world benefits. Being both a computer scientist and a very high level RuneScape player, I certainly have a place to speak here.

Sure, there's a lot of idiots who also play with private servers, and don't know what a main method is, but there are plenty who do know what they're doing. I challenge one of you to reverse engineer an obfuscated Java program (which you have the legal rights to do so; I need to say this before someone misinterprets me and gets all: *makes girly screaming noise*) and modify it to suit your likings.

Also, it costs money to sue people. This is why Jagex doesn't bother.

People play private servers because they're so [bleep] up compared to the real RS. They are really appealing to PKers who are upset about not being able to PK like they could before the updates. Also, people can do whatever the hell they want on a private server (well almost). Not all of the people on them are people who could care less about the game/are too lazy to play the legal version. In fact, a lot of people go on them just to see what they like. With copyright infringement put aside, private servers are dangerous to mess around with because of the potential viruses.

Please, learn something before posting about it.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Some of the stuff they do with them is funny... But otherwise what other people have been saying is correct, they're a cheap rip-off.

Unless... Do they actually have HD on private servers? I'm just naturally curious, since I don't know how they got the servers ripped-off in the first place.

Nope. AFAIK, none of them even have the skill capes.

Ive gotten on a private server before, they have most, if not more, items that are on RS.

And some private servers do have HD but end up crashing one week later

Are you sure you phrased that correctly? I bootleg version has more items than the real version? And in HD? This is where it gets hard to believe...

for instance if i so felt inclined i could put a tank into the game...or make the giant tortises into a sort of tank...things like that..coding in new tele spots...etc

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Just because of this topic I decided to try a private server. I probably spent more time trying to find one I liked, which I didn't, then actually playing in one.

Yeah, I looked at around ten before I found one remotely interesting. It was fun for maybe an hour :P

wl7w9j.png

Just for fun to mess about or because people can't be bothered training, I don't see the point though, because it is time wasted actually raising your character's stats

It's tough at the top ;)

I admit, i once played on a private server because i was bored, and after i while i found a server that was actually FUN to play on. No 99 immediatly, no free phats and stuff, this was Runescape with Yanille as main town, monster on other places and 10x the normal exp rate. You had to work your way up there, and it was a small community in wich everyone knew everyone, wich, in the real runescape world, rarely occurs. It was fun to fight alternate boss monster, fun to try out other minigames, fun to pk with completely other methods then the ones we know. I've played it for 1,5 month, but after that the person who paid to keep the server online told us that he simply could not put any more money in it, so he had to shut it down.

If you think private servers are only for people who want all skills on 99 and tons of party hats, think again.

not only is it wasting time you could be on runescape training, but its also a waste of time to make... Ive built one... Its pretty simple, but its a pain in the butt... In my eyes, not worth it :shame: :wall:

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

Sure, there's a lot of idiots who also play with private servers, and don't know what a main method is, but there are plenty who do know what they're doing. I challenge one of you to reverse engineer an obfuscated Java program (which you have the legal rights to do so; I need to say this before someone misinterprets me and gets all: *makes girly screaming noise*) and modify it to suit your likings.

How are you supposed to reverse engineer Runescape legally when buried in the Terms and Conditions that no-one reads that you agree to in order to play is a waiver stating explicitly that you agree not to reverse engineer Runescape :?:

Jammy2222.png

Because people like to pk, but don't want to spend time getting the stats/gear they want.

Private servers let them do what they want, and spend less time doing what they don't want.

^

It gives people more of a feeling of "old school" pking.

[/thread]

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

I used to play several private servers but it was mainly just for fun, something quick and easy, somewhat of a mess about.

The main one I played on was "IcePK" but I got bored and then focused on the real RuneScape, and I'm glad I have now. :)

Overall, private servers are there just for a quick giggle and laugh, nothing more nothing less.

libertherme.png

How are you supposed to reverse engineer Runescape legally when buried in the Terms and Conditions that no-one reads that you agree to in order to play is a waiver stating explicitly that you agree not to reverse engineer Runescape :?:

Is my English that bad? Maybe it's just too small; here I'll enlarge it for you:

I challenge one of you to reverse engineer an obfuscated Java program (which you have the legal rights to do so

Please show me exactly where in that sentence fragment I said "RuneScape". I also wrote a program to check if the strings "an obfuscated Java program" and "RuneScape" are equal. The program says they aren't, so I believe it. As far as I'm aware, RuneScape is not the only existing Java program in the world, and "an obfuscated Java program" could obviously refer to any of millions of existing ones.

I made a new account once just so I could try a private server and it ended up stealing the password of that account. So only use private servers if you enjoy having your account stolen.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

I made a new account once just so I could try a private server and it ended up stealing the password of that account. So only use private servers if you enjoy having your account stolen.

Or if you're dumb enough to think that a private server will actually use your real log-in ID...

Anyway, I'd recommend that anyone curious about private servers check YouTube first. The examples shown there are not too terrific...

2dgucz6.png

Use your own server, then. -.-

Ive made 2 private servers \' their lots of fun, especially if you have the servers that are exactly like real RS today even with d claws! :thumbsup:

Still wondering about how one would even go about doing that...

2dgucz6.png