Circus Points Submission Thread

Mattie9999

I think it's best that you and Frigginacky concentrate on the emotes. They take longer to find and the more people on those the better. We already have some info on doing the same trick twice, but just haven't looked at it. Back on my Wed Mar 25, 2009 submission, I did two small leaps (lvl 60; agility event) and received 141 points from it. With what I just got today, it looks like that should have been 156, making it a loss of 15 points for repeating events.

I was thinking that I would see if the 'non-repitition' bonuses increased as you did more tricks next week (while also keeping an eye out for preferred tricks, of course) by doing 3 tricks in one event (with the information we have gathered thus far, I don't think the difficulty of the tricks matters for these bonuses; I will likely use tricks in the lvl 40-60 range to minimize my chances of failure), and, should the points add up to more than the three tricks +20, 4 in another and 5 in the third. If you want, I can confirm the 15-point deduction instead of either the 4 or 5 trick test (if I find the 10-point bonus constant even with more than 2 tricks, then I might do this anyways).

Also, I think it would be a good idea to ask everyone to just give us what they do whether they are looking for anything specific or not. It could help us narrow down the options on, and possibly tell us, what the preferred tricks/emotes are (I can even help sift through it for you).

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, sounds good what you plan to do.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to ask everyone to just give us what they do whether they are looking for anything specific or not. It could help us narrow down the options on, and possibly tell us, what the preferred tricks/emotes are (I can even help sift through it for you).

I'm just checking that I understand what you mean.

Are you suggesting we ask anyone who does the circus to submit their points and a description of it, and then we can go through, matching the points with the description, and then see if we have points left over that could be preferred/other bonuses?

(Hopefully you understand my gist there.)

OK, sounds good what you plan to do.

I'm just checking that I understand what you mean.

Are you suggesting we ask anyone who does the circus to submit their points and a description of it, and then we can go through, matching the points with the description, and then see if we have points left over that could be preferred/other bonuses?

(Hopefully you understand my gist there.)

Yep. That's exactly what I'm suggesting. I know it could become overwhelming, but I don't think too many people would do it, anyways and I bet we could get some more people to help sort through it (the one reason we don't have very many people involved is the fact that they don't want to lose the exp; this way, they can help without losing the exp; it's a win-win situation).

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Have updated main thread now about it. Hopefully it'll get us some more help... anything I should add to it?

Also, I have had some Crew response to this, and pokemama will probably be helping us. \'

Looks good. :thumbsup: Hopefully we'll get some submissions as the week goes on.

And more help is always a good thing. Let's get this train rolling! \'

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

More emotes eliminated:

Username: Frigginacky

Location of Circus:Al Kharid

Wearing full circus gear?: No

Agility Event Description:10x Emotes (One each of jump for joy, yawn, dance, jig, spin, headbang, cry, blow kiss, panic, raspberry)

Agility Event Points: 30

Mage Event Description: 10x Emotes (One each of jump for joy, yawn, dance, jig, spin, headbang, cry, blow kiss, panic, raspberry)

Mage Event Points: 30

Ranged Event Description: 10x Emotes (One each of jump for joy, yawn, dance, jig, spin, headbang, cry, blow kiss, panic, raspberry)

Ranged Event Points: 30

frigginacky.png

Thanks frigginacky for that. :thumbup: Good to see we're getting some regular support. :D

@acenator: I thought you/we could possibly see how doing the same emote twice in a row affects the points. We know that if you do 2 different emotes in a row, there's no bonuses/negativities, but there could be for doing the same one?

Just thought I'd mention it.

P.S Sadly no normal circus go-ers responses yet. :cry: We can only hope... :pray:

Maybe I can give it a go next week. I'll try doing 5 different tricks in one event just to see if there is an increasing bonus (if there is I might be able to derive it mathematically and confirm it later), then confirm the 15-point deduction for repeated tricks, and then try doing the same emote twice in the third. If we get more people submitting what they do (I might bump the General Discussion thread later with a more detailed explanation of what we want; if I do, it'll be tomorrow morning when the GD board is most active), then you or Frigginacky or Pokemama could help me with the basic points system, but, for now, let's stick to having most people look for preferred emotes.

Also, you might want to pre-assign emotes for Frigginacky and Pokemama each week so that they don't risk doing the same ones.

And don't get discouraged about people not posting. It wouldn't surprise me if most people had already done their circus for the week and just can't remember what they did or how many points they got. Also, with people going for exp probably not caring about emotes, I think we can moslty look forward to finding preferred tricks with what they give us, so it is likely we will still be looking at needing to find the emotes ourselves.

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

OK, seems like you have it covered in your plans there, :thumbup: and I've added the base emotes that me, frigg and Poke will do each week.

However, if the someone finds the preferred emote in their 10 before the others have done theirs, then we will have to direct the others to do 5 emotes and then 2/3 emotes in that set, to narrow down the options. I think another person would come in handy here, as I don't think 3 is quite enough if we're to try and get the preferred emote each week. (Which would be ideal - waiting 12 weeks for the circus to visit that location again is quite a hinderance). I guess that could become you at some stage, but I think we should leave you to your repetition bonuses work.

So I look forward to seeing if you can get any responses to your efforts that you plan to do. (BTW, if there's anything you want me to add to the main post/title, just say.)

P.S I haven't had much experience with the TIF PM system. Pokemama has been talking to me via that, and when replying, I submit what I'm saying and it goes to the Outbox. It seems to stay there with (1) next to it. I feel I should be doing something else, as usually with things like that in E-Mail, it goes to sent items after sending/receiving. Have I done this correctly? (I.e is Pokemama able to get what I supposedly sent)

Was just wondering if you knew.

I'll hold off doing my circus next week until you guys are done with the emotes. If needed, I can hold off my current "to-do list" another week since what I'm looking for can be found in any circus.

I don't think there's much more either of us can do in the way of getting peoples' attention. However, you might try to have Pokemama post there if the thread moves back down the page again (i.e. if my post doesn't get people to help). It wouldn't surprise me if people have just gotten used to you and me posting there and just ignore it, but, should a crew member post, they might become more interested.

As for the PM system, I think messages stay in the outbox until the person they're to reads them at which point they are considered 'sent.'

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Well the message has now moved to my sent items, so we can only hope Pokemama has read it, and plans to post soon.

I noticed that with certain help wanted threads (like the Soul Wars thread), they've been stickied. I wonder if we could possibly get Pokemama to ask for this?

Also, I've added what you said to the main post, as some people may not read the latest posts.

P.S Did you want me to bump the thread? Or do you want to leave your post at the end? Or I guess you can bump it. You decide.

Don't blatantly bump a thread until it's at least ~3/4 of the way down the first page. If you do, you're likely to get flamed for it (as I'm sure you know). If you feel you must bump it, try to come up with something to say so that it doesn't come off as a bump.

Also, now that i think about it, you could change the message in paranthesese to "asking for ALL info" or something similar. Just saying people are wanted comes off as stating the obvious and is similar to what you've had before.

As for it becoming a sticky, I say go for it. The worst that can happen is you're turned down and we keep going like we have been.

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

My assigned emotes were Clap, Salute, Goblin Bow, Goblin Salute, Glass Box, Climb Rope, Lean, Glass Wall, Idea, Stomp.

- I did not wear any items at all.

- Did all 10 emotes and then ended early.

Ranged - 30 pts

Magic - 30 pts

Agility - 30 pts

Hope this helps.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

:thumbsup: Awesome, thanks Poke! :thumbsup:

You've helped us by eliminating preferred emotes, which means that all 3 of the preferred are now limited to the last 13 possible emotes. (Unless there's something else that could possibly be in effect, like alternating between having preferred emotes and then preferred tricks. They might not have both at the same location.)

Can we count on your continued support with submitting info Poke? It would be greatly appreciated.

And also, is there any chance that we could get the main thread stickied, so as to gain (one would hope) more support? I don't know if you have any say in that sort of thing, but if you don't, possibly pass it on?

Just a request. I'm doubtful that it would actually happen, but I would be very happy if it did!

Well! I may not have figured out a preferred emote, but I may have found something very interesting!

Username: Mattie9999

Location of Circus: Lumbridge

Agility Event Description: 10x Emotes (1x Yes, 1x No, 1x Bow, 1x Angry, 1x Think, 1x Wave, 1x Shrug, 1x Cheer, 1x Beckon, 1x Laugh)

Mage Event Description: 10x Emotes (1x Yes, 1x No, 1x Bow, 1x Angry, 1x Think, 1x Wave, 1x Shrug, 1x Cheer, 1x Beckon, 1x Laugh)

Mage Event Points: 40

Ranged Event Description: 10x Emotes (1x Yes, 1x No, 1x Bow, 1x Angry, 1x Think, 1x Wave, 1x Shrug, 1x Cheer, 1x Beckon, 1x Laugh)

Ranged Event Points: 40

You'll notice that I got an extra 10 points in the mage and ranged events, yet I did exactly the same emotes in the same order. The difference? What I was wearing. While I wasn't wearing any circus items (given from the ringmaster), but in the mage and ranged events, I was wearing my typical outfit, which looks like this:

outfitc.png

(I'm wearing Sailor's hat, blue naval shirt and slacks, boots of lightness, (mithril) gloves, amulet of glory (4), magic skill cape (t), and wielding a scythe.)

This leads me to believe that one or more of the items I was wearing gave some sort of bonus. When doing the agility event, I did not wear any items at all, like I usually do, and this gave me the usual points.

I have come across something like this when Sportsguy first helped me. He got 29 points from doing an emote (with circus gear, so -25 equalling 4.)

Most likely, there are some non-circus given out items, that give a bonus, and I feel that the items most likely were my scythe (maybe holiday items), or my skill cape.

I don't know if we should be delving into this sort of thing just yet, but I can do some research on it when I do my set emotes each week. (Like wear a few less of those items, etc.)

@ acenator: I have been doing some messaging around a few people and stuff, and we may now have another 4 people helping us specifically. :) (We'll see how many contribute this week.)

Interesting find!! I'm guessing the extra points came either the pirate gear and/or the skillcape and/or scythe. This one will be fairly easy for you to figure out since you can still tell when you do a preferred emote (by the tell-tale huge jump in points) even witht he extra points from clothing.

Also, does your last bit meant hat I should go ahead and do what I was planning on doing or do you want me to wait to see if you can use me to find an emote?

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Username: Frigginacky

Location of Circus:Lumbridge

Agility Event Description:10x Emotes (One each of jump for joy, yawn, dance, jig, spin, headbang, cry, blow kiss, panic, raspberry)

Mage Event Description: 10x Emotes (One each of jump for joy, yawn, dance, jig, spin, headbang, cry, blow kiss, panic, raspberry)

Ranged Event Description: 10x Emotes (One each of jump for joy, yawn, dance, jig, spin, headbang, cry, blow kiss, panic, raspberry)

In light of Mattie's latest find, I wore my quest cape (and nothing else) for all 3 events. No bonus. :(

frigginacky.png

Thanks again frigg for your regular contributions. :thumbsup:

OK, it's good that you told me the quest cape part. It will help eliminate things when I try again next week.

@acenator: I think you should carry on with your repetition bonuses work that you were doing. That work is probably more important at this stage, as we may start to get descriptions of full events, so a better understanding of repetition boneses would be helpful. Also, I don't think we have enough people specifically helping figure out the preferred emotes are this week, so your circus performances would be better used there. I think you should probably only help if I find a preferred emote in my 10 emotes, before anyone else helping has done their 10. That way we might just have enough to figure out a preferred emote.

Also, do you know why my image as been blocked due to abuse? I did exactly what I've done before, and it's worked fine.

Username: Acenator

Agility Event Description: 1x cartwheel (lvl 50), 1x juggle balls (lvl 10), 1x small leap (lvl 60), 1x handstand (lvl 40), 1x juggle eggs (failed; lvl 30), 1x juggle plates (lvl 20)

Agility Event Points: 258

Mage Event Description: 1x alchemy dumbells (failed; lvl 80) (I had to leave just as I started this event (I always start with this one), so I will be holding off repeating emotes for next week :wall: )

Mage Event Points: 0

Ranged Event Description: 2x shoot target (lvl 20)

Ranged Event Points: 41

Alright, so I only got 20 bonus points from doing 5 different tricks with one failing (how the heck did I fail a lvl 30 trick with 81 agility? #-o ), so the trick variance bonus probably decreases with each subsequent trick (or maybe it has something to do with (not) putting emotes in between tricks; I'll look into this further next week).

And you can put the 15 point deduction for repeating tricks as confirmed (2 * 28 = 56 -> 56 - 41 = 15).

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

My assigned emotes this week were Flap, Slap Head, Zombie Walk, Zombie Dance, Zombie Hand, Scared, Bunny-Hop, Snowman Dance, Safety First, Explore.

I performed each of the 10 emotes 1x at each of the three events.

Items worn - none whatsoever, no equipped items nor armour of any kind.

Mage Event Description: 10x Emotes (Flap, Slap Head, Zombie Walk, Zombie Dance, Zombie Hand, Scared, Bunny-Hop, Snowman Dance, Safety First, Explore)

Ranged Event Description: 10x Emotes (Flap, Slap Head, Zombie Walk, Zombie Dance, Zombie Hand, Scared, Bunny-Hop, Snowman Dance, Safety First, Explore)

Agility Event Description: 10x Emotes (Flap, Slap Head, Zombie Walk, Zombie Dance, [see note below], Scared, Bunny-Hop, Snowman Dance, Safety First, Explore, Air Guitar) (NOTE: I got a message saying you cannot perform Zombie Hand on the tightrope - so I did Air Guitar instead.)

Sadly I did agility last or I'd have done the Air Guitar on the other two, or something. Hope this helps.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Username:Sheep Tails

Location of Circus:Lumbridge

What were you wearing?:Ringmaster Hat, Clown Top, Clown Pants, Acrobat boots, Giant Hand

Agility Event Description:No stunts

Agility Event Points:43 (Note: no mime emotets as I have not unlocked them)

Mage Event Description:No stunts

Mage Event Points:43 (Note: no mime emotets as I have not unlocked them)

Ranged Event Description:No stunts

Ranged Event Points:43 (Note: no mime emotets as I have not unlocked them)

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

Cool, thanks for that Sheepi! :thumbsup:

This info now raises an intersting point. Does each location always have a preferred emote? We have gone through almost every emote this week, and none of them seems to be preferred (as we know it.) Locations could alternate between having a preferred emote and trick?

Username: ram y

What were you wearing?:Slave robe top and bottom, and nothing else.

Agility Event Description: clap, salute, goblin bow, goblin salute, glass box, climb rope, lean, glass wall, idea, stomp

Mage Event Description: clap, salute, goblin bow, goblin salute, glass box, climb rope, lean, glass wall, idea, stomp

Ranged Event Description: clap, salute, goblin bow, goblin salute, glass box, climb rope, lean, glass wall, idea, stomp

Hope that helps wasn't too sure on what I could do to help.

I did each once and in that order.

Thanks for that! :thumbsup: Can we count on your help in weeks to come? (We can give you instructions as to what to do.)

This info helps confirm that the preferred emote isn't a mime emote, and raises the question even further:

Does each location always have a preferred emote? We have gone through almost every emote this week, and none of them seems to be preferred (as we know it.) Locations could alternate between having a preferred emote and trick?