Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What to do with $6000

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

wazzie629
[ Display Name History ]

wazzie629

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 106 posts

Been saving up for ages, and now I have finally reached my goal of 6k, but I have absolutely no clue what type of pc I should try. I always thought of buying one from alienware, but people have told me horror stories about their custom service :wall: . If any one knows a good system please do tell, and im looking for a decent gaming system that I can always upgrade =D

DO NOT SPEND $6,000 ON A COMPUTER. You can get a top of the line one with the highest graphics card, and best processor for around $1,500. I'd spend no more then $2,500 for a top of the line computer. Try any well known brand, but do not get an apple.

sephiroth_king
[ Display Name History ]

sephiroth_king

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,115 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kazan Wynn
  • RSN2:Kazan Wynn
  • Clan:PM Me If You Want Me To Join.

Been saving up for ages, and now I have finally reached my goal of 6k, but I have absolutely no clue what type of pc I should try. I always thought of buying one from alienware, but people have told me horror stories about their custom service :wall: . If any one knows a good system please do tell, and im looking for a decent gaming system that I can always upgrade =D

DO NOT SPEND $6,000 ON A COMPUTER. You can get a top of the line one with the highest graphics card, and best processor for around $1,500. I'd spend no more then $2,500 for a top of the line computer. Try any well known brand, but do not get an apple.

Please, tell me your reasoning for not buying an Apple. Guess what I'm using right now? An apple computer. Oh, and running Windows XP on a partition and Linux off of a memory stick, plus the original Mac OSX. Honestly, people that constantly say that the Mac's aren;t good computers--or at least say it in a way that shows they don't like Macs--is dumb. Seriously. Whats your reasoning behind it besides price?

Anyway...I myself like the Alienware Area-51 M17x, its the only Alienware laptop that I would spend lots on and would last me a long time. The rest o them to me are junk. The only reason I like the M17x is because I have 1.5 terrabytes of space and dual NVIDIA 9800 Graphics, plus an Intel Core Duo Extreme processor. But then again, this is a gaming laptop.

If its a desktop you are looking for, then I'd suggest listening to the people on this thread, or get a Mac.
Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
The reason not to get a mac is the price. Also Alienware, even laptops, are crazy overpriced. (And honestly I think the cases look dumb as [bleep]).

blade995
[ Display Name History ]

blade995

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,897 posts
Spend $2000 on a computer and either save the rest or buy a car. Seriously, you don't need a $6000 computer. A $2000 (at the most) computer will play every game at high settings out right now and probably in the future.

If you want the fastest computer for the price, don't get a MAC, period.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users