What diseases run in your family?

Faux

Cancer and heart problem seems to be the most popular ones among my friends. I have one friend who's scared of having kids because a lot of his relatives have mental issues.

None as far as I know runs in my family. None in my immediate family even have an allergy. The closest thing is glaucoma because me, my sister, and my mom *might* be at risk for it. But I know there's no one blind in my family so I'm not overly worried.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-family gets pissed off way TOO easily. (except for me, only i get offended a lot easier)

-cusses frequently, (except for my mom)

-all of them are work-horses. (except for me and most of the time, my mom who is lazy)

thats about it, i guess. but all of us tend to speak korean, then switch to english.

-family gets pissed off way TOO easily. (except for me, only i get offended a lot easier)

-cusses frequently, (except for my mom)

-all of them are work-horses. (except for me and most of the time, my mom who is lazy)

thats about it, i guess. but all of us tend to speak korean, then switch to english.

Unless your mom has tourette's, these are more traits than diseases. your family's healthy

My grandpa has been working on a family tree lately, so he's uncovered some interesting stuff about the family. Mental health is a big issue apparently, which is something no one had ever told me. Lot of depression, a few schizophrenics and more suicides than I'm comfortable with. All I was ever warned about was back problems.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

My grandfather on my dads side has alzheimers. My dad doesn't, hopefully I'll be ok. a lot of diseases though, but I can't remember the names.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

My grandpa has been working on a family tree lately, so he's uncovered some interesting stuff about the family. Mental health is a big issue apparently, which is something no one had ever told me. Lot of depression, a few schizophrenics are more suicides than I'm comfortable with. All I was ever warned about was back problems.

My family history is all pretty healthly (long healthly lives mostly) except for mental disorders. Basically, exactly what you listed with two suicides within the past two generations that I know about. Most of that stuff is kept hush hush anyway, so I don't know how prevalent it truly is.

My dad's side of the family, including me, all have irritable bowels. My dad has chrones disease, and sometimes I show symptoms of that too (but I'm pretty sure I don't have it. I hope.) We both see our gastrointerologist (I think that's the word, don't quote me on it) regularly. I've grown attached to my special colon ::'

My mom and I both have similar social disorder-like problems (nothing big, we're both completely normal on the outside), but I don't think it runs in the family.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

Diabetes, and I think an unhealthy amount of low Cholesterol. (I may be wrong, because I'm not sure if you can have an unhealthily low amount of it.)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I made a very complete pedigree for my genetics class this semester, from physical traits to mental imbalances. The most frequent problems are osteoarthritis, high blood pressure and left handedness (which was fun to follow down the tree), and cancer. There are also a lot of mental disorders, but i'm convinced that it is "normal". I put normal in quotation marks because I believe that everyone is a bit mentally ill, and not everyone even recognizes the symptoms. Personally, I think the average normal human is a pretty dark horse, so people in my family with schizophrenia and depression cases don't worry me.

To continue this topic, imagine you're in this situation. A genetic counselor builds a detailed pedigree and tells you and your husband/wife that your planned children will have a 50% (1 in 2) chance of developing a weak bone structure which will cause him to be less active than average. Would you agree to test the embryos (fertilized in a petri dish) for this disorder before implanting it in the wife or would you let nature take it's course? What if the likelihood of your child being albino was 50% as well?

:arrow: (Note that both these situations are very possible and are being practiced in a billion dollar industry as we speak)

hiccup.png

Potential risk of diabetes, although risk is decreasing due to better diet. Adult-onset diabetes killed my mother so I have reason to worry.

Father has slight blood pressure issues but diet seems to be helping that. We also have a hereditary foot problem with a pinched nerve that I am already starting to feel on occasion (once or twice a year) but will need to be operated on in 10-20 years.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

My dad's side of the family, almost everyone has eight kids and lived to 100. My great-grandma would be 83 right now, and in pretty good health.

I don't know anything about my mom's side, except not to ask. I don't know about disease, but we have a few pedophiles, murders, rapists, and the like.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Lots of cancer on my mom's side.. I actually have a list of those who had cancer, what kind of cancer it was, as well as when they died.. As well as a similar list but it's those with cancer that are still currently living (or were at the time of the lists creation).

My great-grandma, my aunt and I have allergies to dust and milk.

Most of us are also allergic to a certain medicine, but I forgot what it is.

My dad's side of the family also has a tendency to being shot dead (he's Romanian, so inb4commiejoke....).

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I'm pretty sure the only thing I have to worry about is back problems, although I think I can attribute that to sports. Then again, me, brother, sister, and dad all have back problems. We also are quite active (Dad is a fire fighter, me and siblings play quite a lot of sports that would mess with your back, mainly hockey, rugby, swimming). Also, I like to think that my family is quite healthy. Right now, my grandfather is about 70, and he's is in no way dependent on anyone. Also, my grandmother, who died at 63 from a heart attack, lived many years longer than was expected of her (Along with heart problems, she had what I believe is adult on-set diabetes). I'd personally say that her dying was a bit of a mercy, when it was her time, she had two fingers and a leg below the knee amputated (Kathy Crawford will always be remembered).

Heart problems are a possibility, I'm not too sure what my second grandfather died of, but I know that one side of my family, both grandparents have had heart problems, each have had at least one heart attack (Grandfather is still goin' strong, as already mentioned).

Wow, I need to get some sleep.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Leigh's disease. Two of my sisters, less than a year old, died from the disease before I was born. I would have had a 50% chance of getting the disease had I not been born using in vitro fertilization.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Cancer I suppose, killed both my Grandads pretty young. (mid 60s)

Actually one of my Grandads hung himself because he thought he was going to die, but there wasn't actually much of a chance.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

HNPCC. Or plain and simple: colon cancer. Pretty nasty, so most people in my family get scanned. Which means they shove a tube with a camera on it up your hole. So far my dad is clean, so I just hope he didn't get the responsible combination of genes. Could save me some anal probing in the future :x

HNPCC. Or plain and simple: colon cancer. Pretty nasty, so most people in my family get scanned. Which means they shove a tube with a camera on it up your hole. So far my dad is clean, so I just hope he didn't get the responsible combination of genes. Could save me some anal probing in the future :x
Sorry for my disrespect,but i lolled my [wagon] off just now about this piece :XD:

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Both grandparents and an auntie on mum's side died of cancer as well as another auntie that was treated for it. Worries me a fair bit.

iteme3721.jpg