Jagex reaches out to Tip.It Discussion

das

Only took 6-7 years, and a large chunk of their player base to finally come around.

While I'll admit this is a very positive action on Jagex's part, I'm just not that 'excited' about it. For one why should I be excited over this move by Jagex if it's just a public stunt, and not something they've wanted to do from the beginning but have been stopped by who knows what?

I don't know, but I'm not going to get all giggly and throw a party until I see what exactly are Jagex's intentions with this and how beneficial this will be to us, and the game itself.

Still good news regardless.

-- As long as Jagex doesn't put a Tip.It link anywhere on their forum community pages, I'm still fine with this. The day they do that I'm going to leave Tip.It.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000T!! :thumbsup:

I always knew one day tip it would be partners with jagex!

Now hopefully we will have weekly events that will be anounced in game!!

We will go to bandos gwd with not only tet but ALL of Runescape. (hopefully we will stay 24+ hours :D )

I <3: Tip it, TET, and now Jagex!!

Overall: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: + <3:

santadialoguedr8.jpg

discoemotesmalldc4.png

gratzon99strsmallth5.png

[hide=]Blood_Seraph.png[/hide]

Glad to see Tip.It is being recognized as a prominent fan-site with quality people, and kudos to Jagex for finally reaching out and realizing it.

Jusaplaya.png

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."

-Gen. George S. Patton

I think a lot of you all are getting ahead of yourselves, especially with the whole RS-is-coming-to-TIF idea. Though I do remember reading in someone's sig once...

• Welcome to Tip.It. Population: RuneScape.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Great news! It's definitely a positive aspect of gaming when you can be heard loud and clear by the company in charge; and now we could even possibly get personal feedback on our much enjoyed forum. Who knows, maybe this will even been incentive for some people to act more mature; overall benefiting the forum. :thumbsup:

I look forward to reading more about this and seeing action take place.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I'm really growing to like Mod MMG; he's brought some great changes so far, and is working on improving things that Jagex hasn't been so good at. He said he was planning on increasing relations with fansites, and here it is. :thumbup:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

There is currently a ban on naming RuneScape fansites, but it would be awesome if we were notified that we could mention Tip.It ingame.
I believe discussing content on major fansites is allowed. Directing to it is not.

I may be mistaken, but I've always been under the impression that MENTIONING fan sites is permitted. You can say "Yeah I was reading Tip.it the other day and..." or "I use the Tip.it quest guides," etc. What you CAN'T do is parade around saying "GO TO TIP.IT FOR RUNESCAPE HELP!!!" That's advertising, and that's what Jagex doesn't want.

We hope to have that cleared up very soon! ;)

Although tripsis interprets the rules the same way I do currently.

Thanks so much for helping with this, Das. ::'

Anyway, I decided to check out the rules for any mention of fansites advertising. Here's what I found:

Sources:

Runescape Official Rules (Rule 11)

Reporting Academy (Rule 11 FAQ)

---

The Official Rules did not say anything about mentioning sites, and the closest the Reporting Academy could come up with, besides saying "Don't direct players to fansites", was the following:

"I have seen players discussing YouTube, an extremely popular video site. Is mentioning YouTube reportable?"

No, you don't need to report if you just see the name YouTube mentioned. As you say, it's a well-known site and everyone's aware that it exists. No-one is harmed by simply mentioning it's name.

The contents of YouTube videos may potentially be harmful though. So if someone is referring to a specific YouTube video, either by giving out the URL or by telling players what to search for, then you should report under Rule 11.

The only exception is the videos on the official Jagex YouTube channel (thejagexchannel). Because we made the content, we know that it is safe so you don't need to report those.

I'd presume that Tip.It essentially falls into the same category as YouTube, here. You may mention Tip.It, but directing a user to a specific section is against the rules.

After reading this, I now agree with Dbz/Tripsis/Das.

I suppose I'll change my original stance to: "I'm looking forward to hear if we can mention specific topics on Tif."

What other FanSites were contacted? Do you know?
I saw Zybez and RHQ with something related to this a few days ago. Das told me Sal's probably got one too. Just went on, but I couldn't find anything. Sal's may be in the same situation as we are, just late in publically announcing.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I dont get it...

Proceding to highlight parts of quote that make little sense.

Hello Everyone!

We are proud to announce that we are now involved in a working partnership with Jagex.

While we are still working out details with Jagex, It looks like this will provide our fansite with some unique content for Tip.it

it sounds as if they have some surprises and contributions in store. They also really want player feedback on various subjects and we will be starting to get that information for them very soon.

We hope to announce more in the following days/weeks.

Whos saying this, and why dose it say it will provide our fansite with some unique content for tip it?

O.O

-- As long as Jagex doesn't put a Tip.It link anywhere on their forum community pages, I'm still fine with this. The day they do that I'm going to leave Tip.It.

I second that.

I really like to see they are finally doing this. I just hope we don't get all of the immature preteens as part of the package.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

I dont get it...

Proceding to highlight parts of quote that make little sense.

this will provide our fansite with some unique content for Tip.it

Whos saying this, and why dose it say it will provide our fansite with some unique content for tip it?

I am saying it on behalf of the administration team in an effort to be as vague as possible while we do work out some content that would be found only Tip.it.

I hope to provide examples very soon, as of right now, I cannot.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

What other FanSites were contacted? Do you know?
I saw Zybez and RHQ with something related to this a few days ago. Das told me Sal's probably got one too. Just went on, but I couldn't find anything. Sal's may be in the same situation as we are, just late in publically announcing.

Mechscapeworld was the first to be contacted by Jagex, and in fact was given 2 official concept arts from them discussing MS.

Stellactic.gif

Thus proof, that Tip.It is just that good.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

And after reading a series of articles by a brilliant young author who shall remain nameless for now, Jagex has started working on the dragon crossbow, a revamped Underground Pass quest and a new six part quest line involving your pet rock :pray:

And after reading a series of articles by a brilliant young author who shall remain nameless for now, Jagex has started working on the dragon crossbow, a revamped Underground Pass quest and a new six part quest line involving your pet rock :pray:

i must say that is very clever and i would personally love a quest series about the pet rock it gets way too little attention 8-)

~~~legoman187~~~/~~~avid tip.it times reader~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

This has to be the best news I have ever heard ever since Nintendo finally had a release date for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. =D>

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0