Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

eatrunearrow

Apparently, not All Is Great 8-)

HAHA! Omali has nothing on me!

It would appear that I have nothing on you.

emot-frogc00l.gif

Anyway:

Also even with all the restrictions the cheaters are still around. They buy accounts. They get other people to level their account or directly gather gold for them.

The updates were never meant to completely stop real world trading, which you will never stop, ever. The selling of accounts and powerleveling consolidates real world trading to just two options, both of which are somewhat easier to track (Based on IP's, etc)

You probably are happy with the new game because you can put in less time and get 99's. Before level's meant something. As a player from before it's frustrating seeing the game become easier, having the skills I have 99 in get the make-x option, seeing new minigames that let you level the skill without doing the skill.

There hasn't been a mini-game since Pest Control overpowered combat training, at least that I'm aware of, that made leveling faster than doing the skill. Levels still do mean something, and how did adding in make-x options make the game faster? From what I've read, all of the skills that have been given make-x options became SLOWER than doing them manually. You're confusing number of clicks with difficulty, skills still take dedication to get to 99.

Soul Wars gives slayer xp, yes, but when the idea of level 3's using it to get to 99 slayer, the idea was thrown out on the grounds that the xp the mini-game gives just isn't decent at all. It's like trying to spoil your dinner with M&M's. You're going to need a lot.

Skills like slayer used to be respected, now with the new prayers and godswords and the slayer task blocking and summoning slayer is the easiest it's ever been. Even the soul wars mini-game gives slayer exp. I remember when getting 10k slayer exp an hour was considered good.

And I remember when Rune used to be praised as the best armor in the game. Does that mean Dragon/Barrows/3rd Age/etc are an abomination because they took that away? No, it's called progress. All MMO's get tweaked and balanced the longer they're out, especially when they're trying to appeal to a wider audience. Yes, it pisses off older players when they see newer functionality being put into the game, but it pisses off someone like myself, who once paid all of my money (10 mil) to buy a whip, and then see them drop over the course of a couple years to less than a quarter of that.

Prices fall the older an item has been available, skills will get new avenues to train and some of those will be faster than the current fastest method, etc. It's the circle of MMO life.

I hate the GE. While it works for basics, it's horrible compared to the free-trade that existed before especially for new items.

Yea. I loved it when the Karamja Achievement Diary was released and, as rare as they are already, Gout Tubers were insanely priced and insanely hard to find because people were hoarding them and selling them for extortion prices. And then there were the inevitable cries when people who did hoard them couldn't sell them because, believe it or not, nobody wanted to pay their outlandish prices.

As for GE Merching....Yea pretty much. You left out the requirement for a big clan to buyout a certain item.

To you though all I'll ever be is a whiny player who is stuck in the past and is sad the wildy is gone. I don't know why I bother arguing.

Not at all. I love me some CanadianSmurf, you actually bring some intelligent debate to the table. It's like you're bringing home Red Lobster whereas half of the other ranters on this board are bringing home Mcdonalds that they had left over from last year.

In all honesty, if I were in charge of fixing that situation, I would've just made the game exclusively PvM.

Lord of the Rings Online is almost exclusively Player Vs Environment, and it's population has been growing since 2007. The only PvP that takes place is where players take control of level 60 monsters and fight high level players for control over various keeps, gaining renown (heroes killing creatures) and infamy (monsters killing heroes). LOTRO has been quite a successful MMO since it launched in 2007, gaining MMO of the year from Golden Joystick and Gamespy, as well as netting Turbine developer of the year, and expansion of the year.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quel:

I don't think you understood my point, I think that Jagex was too hasty in making the decision, not thinking everything through. But all you say is Banks will sue Jagex, and players start everything...

I read 5 & 6 and no where says banks were sueing Jagex, they were losing money due to bank refund charges. If that's sueing, then I didn't know and I'm sorry, but it seemed like they weren't in such a dire position to be so hasty, IMO.

I'm going to stop wasting your time now, have a good time.

When a company is losing money because of its players' activities, don't you think that they will rush to end said activities as soon as possible? quelmotz didn't explain properly how the money was being lost, but he did get the important part- that they were losing money because of RWT.

In all honesty, if I were in charge of fixing that situation, I would've just made the game exclusively PvM. We've wasted so much time with updates meant to appease the Player Killers, who still manage to complain very loudly about each attempt. It's pointless to try to satisfy them, so I wouldn't bother. I'd say that JaGEx's solution was quite favorable compared to mine, eh?

:o You took the words out of my mouth!

Apparently, this guy doesn't understand me. What matters is they WERE losing money due to RWTers, it doesn't matter how.

If you're losing money, would you wait a long time to make a decision or immediately take action to prevent further losses? Obviously the latter. It's easy to criticise Jagex for being to hasty and rash now, but at that point, how would YOU act?

If you're losing money, would you wait a long time to make a decision or immediately take action to prevent further losses? Obviously the latter. It's easy to criticise Jagex for being to hasty and rash now, but at that point, how would YOU act?

I don't buy your losing money argument. Who cares if 1% of profits were being lost, Jagex was still pocketing the other 99% there was no need to get greedy. Jagex was EARNING more back then than they probably are now. There were more players then. Now F2P is better and it seems every other player on F2P is an ex-member.

Jagex took a risk with the way they implemented trade restrictions and wiped out old wildy which was integral to the game.

They knew some players would quit and they went through with it anyway.

Now they aren't as quick to let players quit, notice how they responded promptly with 1-item worlds as pker's cancelled their memberships.

I think they've realized that one lost player represents a lot of lost players.

This is all water under the bridge now, I think if they even brought back free trade and old wildy RS wouldn't be as popular.

Greed was the motivation to make skills easier to cater to new players.

They did drop the ball though, once skills are easier there are more higher level players who ask, now what. It would have been logical to make higher level content, but this is something they are staying away from for whatever reason. This year of upgrades would have been the perfect time to fill out skills instead we got nerfed agility.

Also it's a joke that they advertise regular new content on the new ad they've put up when you get to the RS page. We haven't seen regular content for the past 8 months. False advertising to new potential customers, how Jagex.

I don't buy your losing money argument. Who cares if 1% of profits were being lost, Jagex was still pocketing the other 99% there was no need to get greedy. Jagex was EARNING more back then than they probably are now. There were more players then. Now F2P is better and it seems every other player on F2P is an ex-member.

Jagex took a risk with the way they implemented trade restrictions and wiped out old wildy which was integral to the game.

They knew some players would quit and they went through with it anyway.

Now they aren't as quick to let players quit, notice how they responded promptly with 1-item worlds as pker's cancelled their memberships.

I think they've realized that one lost player represents a lot of lost players.

This is all water under the bridge now, I think if they even brought back free trade and old wildy RS wouldn't be as popular.

Greed was the motivation to make skills easier to cater to new players.

They did drop the ball though, once skills are easier there are more higher level players who ask, now what. It would have been logical to make higher level content, but this is something they are staying away from for whatever reason. This year of upgrades would have been the perfect time to fill out skills instead we got nerfed agility.

Also it's a joke that they advertise regular new content on the new ad they've put up when you get to the RS page. We haven't seen regular content for the past 8 months. False advertising to new potential customers, how Jagex.

Rofl @ don't buy money losing argument.

Yes, they got rid of the old wild and put up trade restrictions. It's done and over with now, if you haven't gotten over it, go on the RSOF. They get more support for that type of junk there.

Yes, now they aren't as fast to let players quit, namely because they don't want players to quit. :o Trade restrictions were due to RWT and scamming. The reasoning behind getting rid of these is obvious - they're AGAINST THE RULES. And they were still going on, so Jagex did something about it. Do you expect cops to just sit around eating donuts while crimes are going on across the city/state/country/universe/whatever, just because they'd be inhibiting the traffic and disturbing the peace of taxpayers with their loud sirens and speedy(ish) patrol cars?

And for the millionth time, THEY DIDN'T NERF AGILITY. If anything, I now have more reason to train agility - the onnly "nerf" there was was being unable to use it in F2P, which was unfair anyways.

And they DO put out regular content, and HAVE been putting out regular content. It just so happens that you don't deem them high-quality and/or useful enough.

a70c7.png

And now for another edition of Six O' Clock with Ratchet!

Ratchet, you are too bitter.

Thank you for the compliment, I pride myself on excellence.

There were less rants because the game wasn't broken. I didn't see that many people break rules, and the one's who tried to scam were laughed at. I knew no one that RWT.

:lol: This sentence makes me laugh. Let's dissect it a little.

The Game Wasn't Broken-It may not have been broken but there were deffinitely problems.

I didn't see that many people break rules-Minus the autoers, scammers, RWTers, but they don't count.

I knew no one that RWT-And because you didn't know one that meant the game was fine and there was nothing wrong.

You are being paranoid. No one is ranting because they hate jagex. I dislike their current updates and tweaks that have glitches or make the game too easy.

Thank you for another compliment. If you've taken the time to read a thread instead of defend your point of view then you might notice that people with your same mindset complain that it's Jagex fault, they hate Jagex, and crap like that. Yes, I do think you people are fighting to make Jagex change back to the way it used to be because never would anyone have complained about the tiniest problem or change with the game. Never before December 2007. And how did the glitches make the game easy And how did it get easier, it didn't get easier for everyone, just new players. It must not be too easy since people are dying and losing items and complaining.

Yes, people always say the old days were good days. It's an OPINION one that you clearly do not share.

Old people complain that they miss the good ol' days. But you don't see them continually complaining on forums or bingo sessions that the new days are terrible. They (most at least) deal with the fact that the world is changing. This logic should be applied to the current situation.

Yes there was a huge need for a woodcut tutor.

And once again, this really affects the gameplay? Is this tutor a random that shoves an ax in your head and instantly kill you? No. Some new players need a little bit of help in getting through the basics. But because you are not a noob and the update did not help you, then that makes it bad and makes it worthless.

If you even read the last few posts, this course of action wasn't the only choice Jagex could have made.

But it was the one they decided to make a year and a half ago. If you would quit complaining after what's coming up on two years, then perhaps you could learn to enjoy the game. Because seriously, adapt or leave. Get over it. Nobody should be obsessively complaining about an update in a video game this long. Sure you can complain, but not over something that happened so long ago. Really, it makes me feel like some people need to get lives...

Jagex has few updates because this is the year of upgrades to the game. Also they are focussing on Mechscape, which is why RS has less updates even if they won't admit it.

That's why there are less updates then, they are working on their new game. Live with less updates in exchange for a new game that might have a chance of appealing to your royal tastes.

Ratchet you may not have liked the game like it was before. I'm surprised that you even stuck with RS as you prefer the current safe version of RS.

Oh my god :lol: ...So because I thought that the older version of RS had problems, I am supposed to have left? No, I stayed because I lived with it. And then they change it and I ADAPT to it, and find it to be a much better experience. And why is it safer? I still don't understand that. So because there are not scammers everywhere the game suddenly becomes safer? Can you die? Can you lose items? Can you lose health? Yeah. So it's apparently not too safe...

You seem so bitter about all the scammers. Were you scammed lots?

Yeah, I played when I was ten or eleven and I didn't have a forum to go to or walkthrough's so I went through the game like everyone else my age, not knowing what the hell was going on. I sure as hell did get scammed, and it was mostly because kids my age didn't understand that kind of stuff. But of course, people of your superior intelligence laugh at the children who played and didn't understand a "scam". And why are you defending scammers? Were you a scammer?

Also even with all the restrictions the cheaters are still around. They buy accounts. They get other people to level their account or directly gather gold for them.

But they aren't so bloody apparent. I can cut a tree down! That was a rarity in the old RS and now I can spend all day cutting down trees and actually get logs! What a great thing! I never see people buying or selling accounts, I never see anyone like that anymore compared to before...

You probably are happy with the new game because you can put in less time and get 99's. Before level's meant something.

Yes, that's exactly why. I've spent the past five months working on getting my levels to 99, but have only made it to the 50's. Probably because I don't skill. I pretty much help my friend play and that's it. But of course, since you assume it, I guess I do it. Yeah, my fletching is 99 (Actually it's 4, but let's not talk about that).

As a player from before it's frustrating seeing the game become easier, having the skills I have 99 in get the make-x option, seeing new minigames that let you level the skill without doing the skill.

Funny, I've played five years and I don't find it frustrating. So what if it's easier? I got a 2008 Sedan that came without GPS and I have to use a map, and now there's an 09 model with GPS? I am so frustrated!

No, I don't give a damn. You should wear your skill cape for your 99 whatever with pride since you didn't take any shortcuts to get it.

Skills like slayer used to be respected, now with the new prayers and godswords and the slayer task blocking and summoning slayer is the easiest it's ever been. Even the soul wars mini-game gives slayer exp. I remember when getting 10k slayer exp an hour was considered good.

I never found slayer too respected because everyone was doing it. Nobody cared what level you really were because they were too busy working on it themselves. I remember fighting werewolves with five other people, they didn't care about what levels we were or the people coming out of the slayer castle. We were too busy working on it ourselves. And why do you suddenly want every 99 you have to be respected. Wow, you have 99 woodcutting, yeah, I respect that -.- I really, to tell the truth, don't give a damn what level you are. We are playing a game, not some sort of popularity contest.

I hate the GE. While it works for basics, it's horrible compared to the free-trade that existed before especially for new items. I hate GE merching, it's nothing like the merching that existed pre-GE that actually needed thought, skill and work. Also the econony pre-trade restrictions was balanced with stable prices.

The free trade that led to scams, took forever to do...yeah, I much prefer sitting five hours behind the bank at Varrock and because I was a level 40, not being able to sell my rune armor because there was a cooler level 80-something standing next to me wearing members armor. Yup, that was fun...

To you though all I'll ever be is a whiny player who is stuck in the past and is sad the wildy is gone. I don't know why I bother arguing.

And to you, all I'll ever be is a whiny player who is stuck in the present and is fine that the wild's gone. Why do I bother arguing?

Probably because you people have some flaws in your arguments.

I still think someone that has fought like this over a stupid update in a game over the course of a year and a half need to find something better to do, because seriously, there have to be better things to complain about then a little update in an online game a lot of people have never heard of. Sure, you can not enjoy the game now, but do we really have to hold a grudge like this? Get the hell over it, it's like Runescape is your life and the great god Jagex has torn the part of your soul from your body that makes you think logically.

Not that you care, but I think the best update Jagex did pre-trade restrictions was Barrows, this update was accessible by higher and lower levels, and the game was probably the most balanced at that point.

Yeah, barrows is pretty good. And so is the rest of Runescape. Seriously as many have said before me, get over it. Adapt or leave. Seriously.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Nice job Ratchet and PieIsEaten :thumbsup:

Maybe we should form a clan! :lol:

Honestly, CanadianSmurf can't make any arguments that are logical and not contradicting. He continuously takes a tiny portion of my arguments, flames it for some "mistake" which apparently has nothing to do with my arguments but to do with his illogical and absurd thinking... :roll:

Your pathetic arguments have already been *ahem* torn up *ahem* (sorry, couldn't resist the temptation of using the phrase "torn up" :lol: ) four times by different people, but you STILL don't give up and try to retaliate with more pathetic arguments. A word of advice: Save yourself the humiliation. You've already been proved wrong countless times. Admit it: There aren't any people who sympathise with you in Tip.it, so go back to the RSOF and continue your trolling.

A bit of an off-topic question: Does anyone know if they even air that show in Canada? Because if they didn't, that would be really redundant. And if they did.... why do Canadians get the little blue happy people? I mean, they've already got Eskimos for crying out loud!

[/offtopic]

Frankly, I'm surprised I haven't really seen him do much flaming towards me. And if there was flaming, then I just took it as sarcasm and/or a joke. So... either I'm flame-proof or just really, really stupid.

Watch, there'll be replies saying that I'm just stupid. :lol:

a70c7.png

Ratchet thanks for replying.

I'm not picking on you.

It's just that when you reply, you do reply fully.

I'm confused for the few people who are continuously posting on this thread, and the rants forums. You all think Jagex is perfect. This is the RANTS forum not compliments. If you love the game so much, go play or go post on the compliments forum.

Don't tell me to adapt or leave, players have another choice to rant til the problems they see are fixed.

Clearly your gameplay experience is different from mine, but it doesn't make your opinion "wrong" or my opinion "wrong".

It's weird that you think I'm a scammer, again from my experience there just weren't that many scammers. Did I like that new players were targeted for the bulk of scams? No. But they didn't have good stuff to being with and they learned not to fall for scams.

complain that it's Jagex fault, they hate Jagex, and crap like that. Yes, I do think you people are fighting to make Jagex change back to the way it used to be because never would anyone have complained about the tiniest problem or change with the game. Never before December 2007.

"You people". Don't generalize me or my viewpoints. Err, Jagex is the company running RS, it's not a democracy. Jagex made the decisions that led to the present game. I've never once said I hate Jagex. I do think some of the problems we are seeing with present-day RS is due to Jagex's decisions.

You wrote:

I never see people buying or selling accounts, I never see anyone like that anymore compared to before...

Your words back at you Ratchet "And because you didn't know one that meant the game was fine and there was nothing wrong." Now there are plenty of players running around RS who bought their high-level accounts.

It must not be too easy since people are dying and losing items and complaining.

Gravestones that last even if you disconnect. It's almost impossible to lose items now. It's a SAFE game.

Sure you can complain, but not over something that happened so long ago.

What happened "long ago" is still impacting the game. Jagex did have my support initially, but I no longer support them. I think they did handle things badly, and that is my OPINION.

The free trade that led to scams, took forever to do...yeah, I much prefer sitting five hours behind the bank at Varrock and because I was a level 40, not being able to sell my rune armor

You weren't able to buy or sell pre-GE but lots of people were, I loved trading pre-GE, it was much easier to actually buy the bulk of what is needed. The GE is convenient and I wouldn't want it gone, but pre-GE trade was player organized and worked as well.

And to you, all I'll ever be is a whiny player who is stuck in the present and is fine that the wild's gone.

Why all the anti-wildy hate -.-

If jagex decided to take out F2P and make RS members only people would rant because what they did on a game was taken away.

And for the millionth time, THEY DIDN'T NERF AGILITY. If anything, I now have more reason to train agility - the onnly "nerf" there was was being unable to use it in F2P, which was unfair anyways.

It's been like that since RS2, it was even included as a feature of agility in the agility guide, all of a sudden a few years later it's unfair?

Do you ever think for yourself? Or do you simply trust every single thing Jagex ever says to you? Your teachers must love you.

And they DO put out regular content, and HAVE been putting out regular content. It just so happens that you don't deem them high-quality and/or useful enough.

Err no they are NOT putting out regular content this year. Stop being delusional. They did all of these little fixes last year as well AND they put out regular content. This year has been horrible for new content so far.

I'm not picking on you.

I guess I'll try to reply as well. I thought this thread was dead months ago.

I'm confused for the few people who are continuously posting on this thread, and the rants forums. You all think Jagex is perfect. This is the RANTS forum not compliments. If you love the game so much, go play or go post on the compliments forum.

If we did that (which most people do), then ranters would say the following: "Look how many people are ranting on the forums! That must EVERYBODY is ranting" when clearly we are doing what you said. We people are not anti-ranters. I have placed rants before. But I also try to make a sound argument. And if I have my rant torn apart I get frustrated but am also mature enough to say, "I was wrong, you were right."

Don't tell me to adapt or leave, players have another choice to rant til the problems they see are fixed.

If want you're doing does nothing for the discussion (beating a dead, rotting, fly-eaten horse) because you are reiterating arguments that have been dissected and proven wrong. If all someone did would reiterate an argument that was sound even after the affair was done and over with, we would still be saying, "SHUT UP." No one likes to talk about the past except people who are stuck in the past.

Clearly your gameplay experience is different from mine, but it doesn't make your opinion "wrong" or my opinion "wrong".

You lost your credibility there. Opinions by definition are true statements. "I believe the sky is blue." Regardless if the sky is blue or not, the statement is true simply because I believe it. When you argue opinions, you are basically stating your beliefs, which is not a discussion; it's an preacher on a soapbox. Which reminds me, not many people like hearing preachers on soap boxes either.

It's weird that you think I'm a scammer, again from my experience there just weren't that many scammers. Did I like that new players were targeted for the bulk of scams? No. But they didn't have good stuff to being with and they learned not to fall for scams.

Rachet is quite right for asking you the question. I believe you were the one posing the question when he quoted, but I could be wrong (too lazy to look during this response :wall: ). And quite often, he who smelt it dealt it, for lack of more eloquent words.

"You people". Don't generalize me or my viewpoints. Err, Jagex is the company running RS, it's not a democracy. Jagex made the decisions that led to the present game. I've never once said I hate Jagex. I do think some of the problems we are seeing with present-day RS is due to Jagex's decisions.

We could get into a philosophical discussion into this; Crito is a good place to start if you want to.

Your words back at you Ratchet "And because you didn't know one that meant the game was fine and there was nothing wrong." Now there are plenty of players running around RS who bought their high-level accounts.

"Plenty" is very loose, like "good", or "bad". Give some hard core statistics or ratios of people who bought accounts:people who did not to make a good argument. Otherwise, there's no point in addressing this facet.

It must not be too easy since people are dying and losing items and complaining.

Gravestones that last even if you disconnect. It's almost impossible to lose items now. It's a SAFE game.

Really? I'm not being sarcastic, but do you have personal experience or patch notes to back that up? And you can still lose items in the spirit beast fight and gwd still have risk because if you don't have the items already in your bank to replace after dying, you have to restock and then slay 40 monsters while also assuming that no one else dies. It's hard to lose items, but not impossible.

What happened "long ago" is still impacting the game. Jagex did have my support initially, but I no longer support them. I think they did handle things badly, and that is my OPINION.

So, why don't people complain about horrific events that happen in history? Maybe because they can't change? And again, opinions can't be argued.

The free trade that led to scams, took forever to do...yeah, I much prefer sitting five hours behind the bank at Varrock and because I was a level 40, not being able to sell my rune armor

You weren't able to buy or sell pre-GE but lots of people were, I loved trading pre-GE, it was much easier to actually buy the bulk of what is needed. The GE is convenient and I wouldn't want it gone, but pre-GE trade was player organized and worked as well.

Buying items and what not for barrows run or slayer assignments was easy, I have to say that. Rachet, you just have bad experience, I guess :|. As for actually merchanting, my head spun ten times before I got a feel on when thigns were rising. The G.E. is a great addition to the game. If I want a complete player run economy (and I mean COMPLETE), I'll go play EVE online.

And to you, all I'll ever be is a whiny player who is stuck in the present and is fine that the wild's gone.

If jagex decided to take out F2P and make RS members only people would rant because what they did on a game was taken away.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. You can still pvp on Bh worlds and normal pvp worlds. Bh worlds are pretty much the same as the old wild save for 76kers (they really need to implement some design that prevents people from attacking players that have a much higher equipment value than they do (not counting stackables)while still being able to be attacked.) If you mean about how noobish the pking community has become, then don't blame jagex, blame players, unless you want Jagex to get inside our minds and control the way we behave on pvp worlds, right?

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

It's been like that since RS2, it was even included as a feature of agility in the agility guide, all of a sudden a few years later it's unfair?

Do you ever think for yourself? Or do you simply trust every single thing Jagex ever says to you? Your teachers must love you.

Err no they are NOT putting out regular content this year. Stop being delusional. They did all of these little fixes last year as well AND they put out regular content. This year has been horrible for new content so far.

orlya.th.jpg

Considering that we are customers and lying to us would be VERY disadvantageous, I would say that you can trust everything that Jagex says, but you need to look at a things at an odd angle for about 1 or 2% of the content. For example, as far as we know, Jagex had always viewed agility on f2p as unfair but because the code for reprogramming agility to only affect members was so complex that it sank to the bottom of the to-do list until Jagex sucked it up and said, "Hey, we need to do this, PRONTO." Is it really that hard to give the benefit of the doubt?

Players don't seem to realize that Jagex programs Java. Java does not merely include runescape. Java in computers, Java in phones, Java in other games licensed by other companies but leased by Jagex. We are but a microcosm of the scheme of Java. MG said he's got lots of stuff to sign. It's probably what I just stated. And yes, we get several updates a month, about 1 per week on average with a major content update about 1 every 3 weeks. That's very dedicated (and regular) in my experience.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Another edition of 6 O' Clock with Ratchet!

Um...your welcome?

I'm not picking on you.

Um...I would hardly constitute constructively murdering each other words as "picking on each other".

It's just that when you reply, you do reply fully.

Yeah, because I'd rather fully reply and tell you why I disagree than tell you "You fail, get a life, GTFO".

First of all, no compliments forum. Second of all, I don't think Jagex is perfect, I don't think anybody does but a lot of people certainly find some of your views a bit radical.

So your going to continue to rant the next year and a half until Jagex decides to turn everything around and give you what you want?

No, but some people do find flaws in a lot of the words you and others have said. Many people do think, including myself, that fighting this long over a video game seems pointless.

I thought you were a scammer because you were defending them. There were a ton of scammers, you must not have populated there play places such as the Varrock west bank, where many a scam has been fallen for.

I am going to generalize because you are part of a group. Just like myself, Quelmotz, Omali and others are all part of a group. We fit you into groups because it makes it much easier to debate when you know the team of people you are debating against. You fall in with ThedayRSdied and Eatrunearrow. I can generalize most of your view points because many before you have said the same thing. I know you never said you hate Jagex, but many in your group have and while you may not "hate" them, I know you have to dislike them.

You wrote:

I never see people buying or selling accounts, I never see anyone like that anymore compared to before...

But I never said it wasn't happening, see? And I am bringing up a point that this kind of stuff is not as readily apparent as before. Runescape doesn't have the same kind of people it used to have plaguing it.

And so what? I am sure when you die and lose items you get pissed and complain because you lost them. Now you can get them back. So what if it makes it easier for people to get their stuff? I don't know how you can expect Jagex to make the game into some hard as nails RPG.

And my OPINION is that it doesn't affect the gameplay enough to be a big deal. I ADAPTED to what was happening. I continue to play because I don't care what Jagex does to make the game easier, I enjoy it. But since I am not a hardcore gamer, I guess that makes my opinion overshadowed by the opinion of hardcore players.

Except, once again, trying to trade was a pain in the [wagon] because there were twenty people selling what you were selling, you were usually the lowest level which made you the one nobody wanted to trade from. Hell, it happens to me even today, I am almost level 70 and people don't trade with me during bank sales because they see a level 99 to trade with.

Because it doesn't matter to me if the wild is gone. It doesn't affect me and you act like the update stole a part of your life. Whether Runescape is with or without wild I don't care. I am a casual player and do not play to level all my stats up to 99 or kill other players all day. I play to do a bit of everything. And the update didn't affect a player like me.

Not necessarily. While some people might be pissed at that, a lot of people would just quite with a big "[bleep] you jagex" instead of complaining for years. I'd do that, just say "[bleep] you" and leave.

Since we decided to use pretty font options.... OF COURSE IT'S UNFAIR. WHO CARES IF IT WAS ALLOWED OR NOT, IT WAS STILL **** UNFAIR. IT WAS UNFAIR BEFORE THEY ADMITTED IT. IT WAS UNFAIR.

Got it? -.-

And yes, I think for myself. ---

Removed the flames. There's no reason to join that which you cannot defeat.

Okay, so I mis-grammared. Whoops! #-o My purpose in saying this is that with a few exceptions (2 if my count's right), we have been getting regular weekly updates, some with new content, some without. But we're still getting new stuff. Frankly, I'd rather they fix the messed-up stuff before they release the new. And I have been seeing that from some of your other posts as well.

So which is your opinion? Fixes first, or new content first?

And don't weasel out on this one with something nitpicky about 4 words I said.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, I usually enter an argument a bit after it's started. Why? Because if someone can argue about Jagex failing for that long, you have to wonder why they haven't just given up and left.

a70c7.png

Oooh! An absurd statement!

Look - there's no "compliments" forum or anything like that here. Anyways, Jagex doesn't need a legion of people following them around and flattering them. They need constructive criticism.

I don't think Jagex is perfect. RuneScape isn't perfect either. Far from it. I never said I loved the game. And apparently, the rants forum is only for people to vent their frustrations and praise each other about how bad Jagex is. Too bad, there are a lot of people like ratchet and co. who LOVE to rip up posts mercilessly and get in the way of your vent posts.

The rants forum isn't an exclusive club for you to vent your frustrations. People also defend Jagex there, like it or not. (and to rip up idiotic posts) Face it - the rants forum is one of the places with the highest population of trolls. I've already told you - if you want sympathisers, get back to the RSOF where your private ring of friends will back you up.

And honestly, why are you posting all these crap even though you know they are going to be torn up by ratchet and co. anyway? At least make it constructive and don't write this kind of absurd statements.

I agree with the OP exclusively on the point about the younger kids "sapping up xp" in new-age methods and getting cocky, not even realizing that the difficulty curve is absolutely nothing compared to the older days. Look, I got 90+ combat stats in a world where Otherworldly Beings in Lost City was prime training; imagine how I feel when some Pest Control inflated kid calls me a "n00b" for not having a trimmed skill cape.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I agree with the OP exclusively on the point about the younger kids "sapping up xp" in new-age methods and getting cocky, not even realizing that the difficulty curve is absolutely nothing compared to the older days. Look, I got 90+ combat stats in a world where Otherworldly Beings in Lost City was prime training; imagine how I feel when some Pest Control inflated kid calls me a "n00b" for not having a trimmed skill cape.

Please do not use the word "difficulty" when discussing RuneScape. There's nothing hard about this game, and I can't for the life of me figure out why you're whining that xp is faster to obtain than in previous years. You should be taking advantage of the faster xp as well, right? If so, then you're way ahead of them and have nothing to worry about. If not, then you're just being silly and nostalgic and have no grounds to be complaining.

Are you sure that they're calling you a noob because of the lack of trim? It may be your name.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

You got 90+ CB stats on otherworldly beings? Good for you.

To put it simply, THE GAME EVOLVES. It changes with its audience as its audience calls for different things. They wanted faster training, they got it.

Also, just ask the kid if he has any trimmed capes. If he doesn't just laugh at him. If he does, then... well.... bummer for you. Or you could take it the mature way and ask him why he's insecure enough to insult you over a game.

a70c7.png

To put it simply, THE GAME EVOLVES. It changes with its audience as its audience calls for different things. They wanted faster training, they got it.

Also, just ask the kid if he has any trimmed capes. If he doesn't just laugh at him. If he does, then... well.... bummer for you. Or you could take it the mature way and ask him why he's insecure enough to insult you over a game.

I agree with you Mister Eaten. The audience does change. This can be compared to James Bond movies. The Sean Connery audience were the people who read the books, but as kids slowly started watching the movies, here comes Roger Moore with a more friendly and likeable and comedic attitude. It evolved to make the majority of people watching (or in this case playing) happy.

I agree with you Mister Eaten. The audience does change. This can be compared to James Bond movies. The Sean Connery audience were the people who read the books, but as kids slowly started watching the movies, here comes Roger Moore with a more friendly and likeable and comedic attitude. It evolved to make the majority of people watching (or in this case playing) happy.

Exactly. It might matter to you how you got the skillcape, but honestly, the game changes. Go show off that you got the skillcape by killing rats then. Who will care? No one.